UTSA? Lose/Lose Situation?

A two loss UTSA is coming into Neyland on Saturday. They’re not a powerhouse team. If the Vols win and blow them out of the stadium, it’s a “who cares” win or worse, the team gets the false impression that some serious problems have been fixed, leaving the Vols rolling into the South Carolina game still a mess and setting them up for a beating.

Even worse case scenario, the Vols were to come out flat and lose to UTSA, that would be a disaster.

The UTSA game could be a potential trap game and a lose-lose situation for this team’s mental toughness and SEC readiness.

I like Coach Heupel and I’ve been pleased with the progress of this team since he took over, unfortunately this year we seem to have taken a step back. I still think he is the right guy (although that timeout with 9 seconds to go made ZERO sense). I truly hope that Coach Heupel gets the kinks ironed out. This does not look like a disciplined, driven football team.
To me, a dominant performance helps. These guys already had difficulties with Austin Peay. A dominant win against one of the winningest programs in the last two years would help a lot.

If we look sharp and come out healthy, that’s a win. We have a run of games that we need to be .500 or .750 in. If we lose any more OL, or if Cooper is reimbursed, the SEC grind will eat us alive.

If we lose to UTSA Heupel will lose all the favor he had from the last two seasons. You lose to a team like that at home and your days are numbered. If Milton isn’t dominant in that game you go ahead and get Nico in for some snaps and see how your offense responds.

UTSA shouldn't be overlooked or projected to be a "blowout where young players get reps." This game scares me given UT's performance the first 3 games. UTSA has a good offense and will score and given the trouble UT has shown on offense this could end up a disaster. I think UT should rely heavily on the run this week.

At -21.0, UT will not cover, IMO.

If the Vols can crack 40 points its a huge win considering their last two outings.

Hoping Mays returns in robust form and remains healthy the rest of the way. Will be helpful to have someone experienced at reading defenses and calling proper blocking assignments. He's really been missed.

A two loss UTSA is coming into Neyland on Saturday. They’re not a powerhouse team. If the Vols win and blow them out of the stadium, it’s a “who cares” win or worse, the team gets the false impression that some serious problems have been fixed, leaving the Vols rolling into the South Carolina game still a mess and setting them up for a beating.

Even worse case scenario, the Vols were to come out flat and lose to UTSA, that would be a disaster.

The UTSA game could be a potential trap game and a lose-lose situation for this team’s mental toughness and SEC readiness.

I like Coach Heupel and I’ve been pleased with the progress of this team since he took over, unfortunately this year we seem to have taken a step back. I still think he is the right guy (although that timeout with 9 seconds to go made ZERO sense). I truly hope that Coach Heupel gets the kinks ironed out. This does not look like a disciplined, driven football team.

Nah. A win is a win.

VN Store

Back