"Vandy Threads"

I feel like this is an issue that needs to be addressed, so here goes:

I don't understand the hate for people that start Vandy threads. Sometimes the threads are funny, sometimes they are informative, sometimes they are pointless, but either way half of the thread ends up cluttered with people griping because its a thread about Vanderbilt.

They are a team that is talking trash about us right now. You won't find any Austin Peay threads on here, but the second their players and coaches start tweeting and publicly saying they are a better team/program than us and they are going to beat us, threads will start popping up all over the place. Vandy has insulted our pride, that's why they are discussed so much lately.

Also, they are the other "State School". This should be a great rivalry. The only reason it's not is because they suck. But the fact that they are so close makes it fun to have a rivalry with them. Hence the fun of discussing them.

Another point, it's a revenge game for us. That was a bad loss and from their perspective they think its because they are just that good. So there's a program out there, who is nowhere near the caliber of Tennessee, who is parading around claiming they are the better of the two programs. Again, pride issue.

And finally, it's the offseason. Its a fun topic to discuss in a time where there is really very little to discuss. So bottom line..... everyone quit getting so upset about every thread that has the name "Vandy" in it.

Now who's going to be the funny guy and say "hey look it's another Vandy thread"?
Tl;dr

I-like-where-this-thread-is-going-20886067270.jpeg

For the reocrd, I agree with the OP, but this thread won't go well.

I laughed so hard at this

I can't honestly think of a time when I ever gave a thought about the Vandy game in June. WTF?

Reactions: 1 person
I can't honestly think of a time when I ever gave a thought about the Vandy game in June. WTF?

It's because we are more open minded. When I grew up we didn't see a lot of homosexuals in message boards, but now we see Vandy all the time. It's because we are more open.

Reactions: 1 person
I feel like this is an issue that needs to be addressed, so here goes:

I don't understand the hate for people that start Vandy threads. Sometimes the threads are funny, sometimes they are informative, sometimes they are pointless, but either way half of the thread ends up cluttered with people griping because its a thread about Vanderbilt.

They are a team that is talking trash about us right now. You won't find any Austin Peay threads on here, but the second their players and coaches start tweeting and publicly saying they are a better team/program than us and they are going to beat us, threads will start popping up all over the place. Vandy has insulted our pride, that's why they are discussed so much lately.

Also, they are the other "State School". This should be a great rivalry. The only reason it's not is because they suck. But the fact that they are so close makes it fun to have a rivalry with them. Hence the fun of discussing them.

Another point, it's a revenge game for us. That was a bad loss and from their perspective they think its because they are just that good. So there's a program out there, who is nowhere near the caliber of Tennessee, who is parading around claiming they are the better of the two programs. Again, pride issue.

And finally, it's the offseason. Its a fun topic to discuss in a time where there is really very little to discuss. So bottom line..... everyone quit getting so upset about every thread that has the name "Vandy" in it.

Now who's going to be the funny guy and say "hey look it's another Vandy thread"?

I agree

It's because we are more open minded. When I grew up we didn't see a lot of homosexuals in message boards, but now we see Vandy all the time. It's because we are more open.

If that's the case, how do you explain 41-18? Homophobia?

Reactions: 4 people
If that's the case, how do you explain 41-18? Homophobia?

The NAACP stepped in and said we had to "give a brother a break." Dools replied," what the hell, I'm out of here anyways. I'll, also, bench Bray to make it look good for tv."

So, no homo. It's not homophobia.

I have no problem with threads about the Vanderbilt football team. The problem is the threads about their smack talking coach. Franklin runs his mouth to get attention, starting a thread to piss and moan about his latest dig just validates him. Don't feed the troll.

The NAACP stepped in and said we had to "give a brother a break." Dools replied," what the hell, I'm out of here anyways. I'll, also, bench Bray to make it look good for tv."

So, no homo. It's not homophobia.

I don't blame him for benching Bray. Especially considering the situation that we all knew was happening.

i miss the days when we had threads hating on UF and UA
hopefully next summer they will be back

I don't blame him for benching Bray. Especially considering the situation that we all knew was happening.

Don't care, it was all sarcasm. I don't want to continue discussing Bray. It's obvious from my posts that I can't stand the guy. I was speaking as Fooley and you took it as a personal statement.

VN Store

Back