Vereen moved to safety

He could see some work on special teams.

If there happens to be oh say 4 WRs injured then he'd see the field.

so he's set at wr, no more work on D? I kind of thought he would be one of those guys that suprised everyone by contributing.

i for one would like to not assume hardesty won't make it thru the season due to injury before it's started. unless he does get injured, our depth at RB will be fine.

i for one would like to not assume hardesty won't make it thru the season due to injury before it's started. unless he does get injured, our depth at RB will be fine.

That's fine if you're a fan but if you're the head coach then you need to realize that Hardesty has yet to make it through a season uninjured given a decent amount of carries. I just heard Fulmer say the other day that "all of a sudden depth at RB has become an issue" and then like a week later he moves a RB to DB by where all accounts we're pretty stacked. Just doesn't make sense IMO.

Poole is already hurt too. Paritial meniscous tear. I was surprised to see he is practicing with it. It must be minor. I think they said he will have surgery and heal in 3to 4 weeks. Hopefully this is not signs of things to come with him.

Look for Creer to step up in a big way. He seems to have that extra gear that AF lacks.

Poole is already hurt too. Paritial meniscous tear. I was surprised to see he is practicing with it. It must be minor. I think they said he will have surgery and heal in 3to 4 weeks. Hopefully this is not signs of things to come with him.

If I'm not mistaken that's the same thing that kept Ainge out of spring drills last year...

If so then the surgery will have him ready to go by fall practice

It is the same. Ainge opted to have his removed instead of repaired, which takes less recovery time I think. I also think there is a risk of being a little slower if removing it versus repairing. I am not sure which Poole will be having done. Anyone know?

That's fine if you're a fan but if you're the head coach then you need to realize that Hardesty has yet to make it through a season uninjured given a decent amount of carries. I just heard Fulmer say the other day that "all of a sudden depth at RB has become an issue" and then like a week later he moves a RB to DB by where all accounts we're pretty stacked. Just doesn't make sense IMO.
1. I am.
2. you're not.

they're not moving RB's to play at safety if RB depth is a real issue. between foster, poole, creer and Hardesty, we'll be fine. the minscus tear is minor and if corrected early enough, he wont miss any sig. time.

and let's not forget...hardesty's not hurt right now....we're still going to be 3 deep at RB come fall, which is what matters.

1. I am.
2. you're not.

they're not moving RB's to play at safety if RB depth is a real issue. between foster, poole, creer and Hardesty, we'll be fine. the minscus tear is minor and if corrected early enough, he wont miss any sig. time.

and let's not forget...hardesty's not hurt right now....we're still going to be 3 deep at RB come fall, which is what matters.

+1

Can you name the safeties on this team besides Berry and Morley?

I want a list of the DB's outside of Vinson, Willingham, and Ma. Johnson... unless rogan is just going to be used as a "utility" type guy that plays CB some downs and Safety on other downs..

1. I am.
2. you're not.

Way to point out the obvious. Fulmer was the one who said that all of a sudden depth at running back has become an issue. And if you can have real expectations of Hardesty to play the entire season then :hi:

I want a list of the DB's outside of Vinson, Willingham, and Ma. Johnson... unless rogan is just going to be used as a "utility" type guy that plays CB some downs and Safety on other downs..

utsports.com has a roster.

Way to point out the obvious. Fulmer was the one who said that all of a sudden depth at running back has become an issue. And if you can have real expectations of Hardesty to play the entire season then :hi:
until he gets hurt, that has to be the expectation. i understand the past history. but he's not hurt right now, and planning on him being injured and missing time is just dumb. could it happen? sure. do i know that it will? no, and neither do you.

as for the depth issue......i'll just say, if they are moving RB's despite supposedly being thin there to Safety, then this coaching staff is as dumb as many have said they are.

and here's a hint....criticism and funny jokes aside, they're not that dumb.:thumbsup:

until he gets hurt, that has to be the expectation. i understand the past history. but he's not hurt right now, and planning on him being injured and missing time is just dumb. could it happen? sure. do i know that it will? no, and neither do you.

as for the depth issue......i'll just say, if they are moving RB's despite supposedly being thin there to Safety, then this coaching staff is as dumb as many have said they are.

and here's a hint....criticism and funny jokes aside, they're not that dumb.:thumbsup:

people have to remember that the spring is a time to give guys a look just because you never know what the future holds.

VN Store

Back