video clip on 2013 Tennessee Vols TECHFIT Uniform

I always said I wouldn't mind alt unis as long as they were orange and white. But hey, I can live with this. Looks pretty nice, for one home game why not? Glad they kept the same helmet, love that.

I think the uniform looks good but If you wear the white helmet then the white cleats really make a difference.

However, I think doing the helmet grey with a Orange Power "T" would really make it stand out!

I feel like they could release the exact same uniforms we have now, and some people would say "Eww gross go back to the old ones."

These are awesome! I know the old "traditionalists" will complain, but its a new era and the recruits and players will love them. That is all that matters! Had a sports therapist speak to my team one time that said. "If you look good, you feel good, and if you feel good you will play good"! Lets hope this hypes the boys up and they play out of their minds!!

Reactions: 1 person
I don't like the helmets with the grey, but other than that they are fine.

I feel they could have done a better job though.

Hmm...

I do like the uniforms, I am sure the recruits and current players do too. I remember reading a comment a while back, that had an image attached.

The comment read, "If UT would wear these uniforms every recruit in the nation would commit"

The picture showed an alternate grey Volunteers jersey combination - with the helmet being grey as well.

It would be awesome to land a few more studs in '14, but, if nothing else, I believe these uniforms could be just 1 more reason the current commits will not flip in the future.

Also, someone mentioned that we are the only SEC school to go with the grey. A few replies pointed out this as being incorrect. I'd like to point out another school that has done the grey alternate jersey combination. University of Kentucky wore an all-grey uniform recently. Did Florida wear some version of a grey alternate recently?

One more thing...

UT has been around for a long time and has worn many different unis.

I'd really like to see Tennessee designate 1 other game per season, where they will wear a modern reproduction of the historic uniforms - going all the way back to the dark navy with the white box on the chest and shoulders, just like my avatar, but replace the orange with deep navy and move the white boxes from sleeve to shoulder.

A modern version of my avatar would be I'd really like, too.

The black, long-sleeve jersey, with orange stripes around the arm would be awesome too. It's originally a long-sleeve jersey, so the sleeves would need to be worked on. Maybe keep them short, but include a black, shoulder-to-wrist sleeve that mimics the original's design.

It could be a way to introduce incredible new looks, while keeping the traditionalists happy too - I imagine the traditionalists would love to see this approach.

That will probably never happen, so don't flame me too hard. Afterall, I'm only visiting fantasyland.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back