Violence in Nigeria.

gsvol

Islamists Slaughter Christians in Nigeria, Obama Looks the Other Way | Terrorism Right Side News

Although Sharia law has existed in Northern Nigeria for a long time, it used to apply only to family matters such as divorce, inheritance and adoption. It was only in 1999 that the governor of the Nigerian Northern State of Zamfara, Alhaji Ahmed Sani, decided to apply Shari law. The governor instead wanted to go farther and to include flogging, stoning, amputation, beheading, and other precepts of Islamic law.. Ever since, the Northern Nigerian States have followed Zamfara's steps. Under the Sharia law, Nigerian women have been sentenced to death by stoning for adultery, have been forbidden to rent houses and to travel in the same vehicles as men.

African Christians are now fearing for their lives after the recent massacres in Nigeria. Large scale violence from extremist Muslims erupted in Nigeria against the Christian population soon after the results of the country's presidential elections that took place on April 16th 2011. The outburst of violence started in the north of Nigeria, which has a predominantly Muslim majority, after the victory of President Goodluck Jonathan, a Christian politician. President Jonathan defeated the other presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, a Muslim and former Nigerian President, who was accused of having rigged the electoral process. Jonathan's victory represented a shift of power in the country to the largely Christian south.

Defeated candidate Buhari's Muslim supporters took to the streets chanting "changi, sai Buhari" ["Change must take place and only with Buhari"], and went on a rampage against the Christian supporters of President Jonathan. The Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) lamented that in just a few days, over 300 churches were burnt across the country's northern states; thousands of Christian-owned homes and business were destroyed, and at least 600 Christians were killed. Relief officials estimate that at least 65,000 people have been displaced as a result of the violence, which appears to be one of the worst outbursts of sectarian violence between Muslims and Christians in the country.

The Christian Aid Mission (CAM) gives also the frightening news that, last year, more than 2,000 Christians were killed in targeted Nigerian (moslem) violence -- more than in any other country in the world.
----------------------------------

Although it is highly doubtful that the Religious Freedom Act can do a great deal to help persecuted Christians, President Obama fails in not even acknowledging the human rights violantions towards Christians in Nigeria, and in not taking action against the CPCs that have already been designated by previous Presidents. President Obama's failure to take a stand against them protect such people may violate this law -- which is a federal law -- that requires him to take specific actions, including sanctions and diplomatic protests, against any CPC found in non-compliance..
----------------------------

The Nigerian issue might constitute a good opportunity to manifest America's concern for civil and religious liberties throughout the world. But denouncing Muslim violence against Christians would imply the use of a language that his administration would consider politically incorrect. Or should we call it "Islamically Incorrect"?

Did I predict this months ago??

Police have deployed in the area to prevent escalation of violence in this region, notorious for clashes pitting predominantly Christian farmers and Fulani Muslim nomads.
Bauchi state is predominantly Muslim but neighbouring Bogoro and Tafawa Balewa districts are inhabited by mainly Christians of the Sayawa tribe. Muslim Fulani nomads are in the minority there but ethnic and religious tensions and animosity between the two groups have remained high.
In January a billiard dispute between a Christian owner and a Muslim player in Tafawa Balewa led to bloody clashes that left over 30 people dead and saw the destruction of 50 houses and a mosque.
Fulani residents fled the area and resorted to nocturnal attacks on Sayawa villages in reprisals which drew revenge attacks by the Sayawa on neighbouring Fulani villages and settlements.
AFP: 16 killed in Christian village in northern Nigeria: police

Ironically, there are actually two sides to this story...

TRUT, don't post that. You'll undermine gs' theory that all Christians are just honest folks tryin to get by without an evil notion among them, while Islam and those who follow it are a 100% evil, violent group.

TRUT, don't post that. You'll undermine gs' theory that all Christians are just honest folks tryin to get by without an evil notion among them, while Islam and those who follow it are a 100% evil, violent group.

I always burn down Mosques after a night at the pool hall.

To cover all corners, I threw all my Muslin fabric away. Can't take any chances.

Out side the US Embassy in London, England since
Bin Laden's death:

article-0-0BEFE39F00000578-624_634x416.jpg

article-1384353-0BF004D800000578-55_634x376.jpg

article-1384353-0BF0056A00000578-12_634x375.jpg

article-1384353-0BF05C7200000578-739_634x422.jpg

article-1384353-0BF00EA300000578-955_634x376.j

article-1384353-0BF05C7600000578-773_634x418.jpg

Praying for Osama.

thuosamaposterhell.jpg

With regard to praying for bin Laden, feel fre to also direct you rage at the Vatican since Benedict XVI included prayers for bin Laden in Monday's mass.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You will never learn, all of these folks are peaceful and tolerant.

You will never learn what a vocal minority is. The people protesing neither necessarily constitute the bulk of Muslims nor represent the true tenets of Islam.

Do you believe that those Christians who instituted the Inquisitions (both the Spanish and the Roman) represented the true tenets of Christianity?

You're a real treat Gs.

Thanks Tex, I knew you would appreciate me keeping you up on world events you won't see on the nighly news.

Heads up, I'm about to post in your 'Pakistan' thread, I know it's got to be a real treat as well.

I shot the Muslims next door, just to be safe.

Were they Nigerian?

To cover all corners, I threw all my Muslin fabric away. Can't take any chances.

You keep using that same lame joke and still never get a laugh.

With regard to praying for bin Laden, feel fre to also direct you rage at the Vatican since Benedict XVI included prayers for bin Laden in Monday's mass.

Otay ofay.

Obviously these people hold the Pope in very high regard.

How did they respond when he recomended repeal of the death penalty for 'insult of islam' in Pakistan??

Indonesia and other countries as well.

Islamist_demonstration_outside_Danish_Embassy_in_London_in_2006.jpg

jesusslaveallah.jpg

Yeah, they believe that Isa is the Messiah.

Er, well no, they believe more like Louis Farrakhan, Obama is the messiah.

You will never learn, all of these folks are peaceful and tolerant.

I continue to be overwhelmed by the benevolence of the religion of peace.

Let's review recent African events;

The Arab moslems of Sudan slaughtered two million southern black Christians in the name of islamic jihad.

Not a peep in our ABC, CBS, CNN, NBC, FOX western information bureau.

This was far worse than any aspect of apartheid in the former South Africa but we don't have campus activists like Barack Hussein Obama saying crap at all.

Even the Arab moslem murder of a quarter million nominally moslem blacks in Darfur is an Arab supremacist action but not a lot of objection like we have seen in Egypt and Libya. No racism there, keep moving along sheeple.

In Kenya when the moslem minority didn't get their way in the elections, they rioted killing thousands and displacing hundreds of thousands but the UN recomended a sharing of power and the US government spent $50 million helping to usher in islamic sharia law at the behest of the candidate Barack Obama illegally campaigned for during prior to the election.

You know, it is against American law that any elected official interfere in foreign politics but then Obama seems to be above the law in many respects.

4950554389_70cb1575b4_b.jpg

In the Ivory coast their supreme court validated the election of a Christian president but French special forces, under UN sanction went in, capturted the president and turned him over to the muslim minority opposition, think we will ever hear of him again?

And now the same is happening in Nigeria which also has a history of moslems persecuting Christians.

GS keep up the good work. I can't believe how many Americans are so blind to all the violence committed by this "religion". They want to kill and harm everyone who refuses to buy into their "religion". And by the way I see them more as a political movement than a religion.

In the Ivory coast their supreme court validated the election of a Christian president but French special forces, under UN sanction went in, capturted the president and turned him over to the muslim minority opposition, think we will ever hear of him again?

And now the same is happening in Nigeria which also has a history of moslems persecuting Christians.

That's fictional.

gsvol been Lyin?

IMPEACH!

The election had been thrown, the French/UN installed the actual winner. Gsvol is just butt-hurt because he happened to be Muslim (and it is very debatable that the muslim population in that country is much of a minority anymore)

Do you believe that those Christians who instituted the Inquisitions (both the Spanish and the Roman) represented the true tenets of Christianity?

You're not allowed to talk about the dirty parts of Christianity. That was hundreds of years ago man.

VN Store

Back