Virginia town fires its entire police force.

Probably so they could write tickets to supplement city income.

Yeah, Virginia is one great big traffic / speed trap.

Mind you, I work I-95. I make a lot of stops. But a few years back, my Sister-in-Law was driving with my wife and niece in the vehicle, on their way to PA to bury their Stepfather. So she gets stopped on I-77 in Hillsville, VA. 80 in a 65. I get it. 15 over; I'd make the stop as well. But what I would not do...and this officer did...is lecture her about how I could take her to jail for Reckless Driving, blah, blah, blah...and then write the ticket. Cop Rule: Chew their ass, or write the ticket. Never do both.

So yeah, I was pissed. Did my research on Hillsville, and Carroll County. Speed trap. Hillsville expanded their city limit to include a stretch of I-77. There's nothing "city" there. Just I-77. Don't need the FBI to figure that one out.

So I paid the ticket for her, and then wrote a very professionally worded letter to the officer who wrote the ticket. Told him who I was; where I was; and what I did (part-time now, but for over 20 years). Included a brief passage on my opinions regarding his professionalism, ethics, and ancestors. Invited him to reply; complain to my Sheriff; or knock on my door. Included my email; cell phone number, and address.

Crickets.

So yeah, I get it when the general public thinks we are badge-heavy, ill-mannered, rude, arrogant, revenue whores. Because, go figure, there are quite a few of them out there.

Shame, really. Such a beautiful state once you get away from the coast.

Sounds like they were up to some Shenanigans.
Take a township the size of Townsend. They have a chief and two full, and one part time officer. So, to get rid of the “entire” department wouldnt mean a whole lot.

I saw a news story a few years back about a small town where the police wrote so many tickets for nonsense. They would ticket you for going 3 miles over, they ticket you if you a tag slightly blocked. The people got so sick of it, they voted to disband the town and incorporate into the neighboring county. Those people were livid at the police dept.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad

Mind you, I work I-95. I make a lot of stops. But a few years back, my Sister-in-Law was driving with my wife and niece in the vehicle, on their way to PA to bury their Stepfather. So she gets stopped on I-77 in Hillsville, VA. 80 in a 65. I get it. 15 over; I'd make the stop as well. But what I would not do...and this officer did...is lecture her about how I could take her to jail for Reckless Driving, blah, blah, blah...and then write the ticket. Cop Rule: Chew their ass, or write the ticket. Never do both.

So yeah, I was pissed. Did my research on Hillsville, and Carroll County. Speed trap. Hillsville expanded their city limit to include a stretch of I-77. There's nothing "city" there. Just I-77. Don't need the FBI to figure that one out.

So I paid the ticket for her, and then wrote a very professionally worded letter to the officer who wrote the ticket. Told him who I was; where I was; and what I did (part-time now, but for over 20 years). Included a brief passage on my opinions regarding his professionalism, ethics, and ancestors. Invited him to reply; complain to my Sheriff; or knock on my door. Included my email; cell phone number, and address.

Crickets.

So yeah, I get it when the general public thinks we are badge-heavy, ill-mannered, rude, arrogant, revenue whores. Because, go figure, there are quite a few of them out there.

Small town police can be great or big jerks.

Crickets.

I've never driven through VA so I don't know about the state as a whole. Tiny cities/towns are bad. There is amunicipality between my home town and a major city that decided to start patrolling the interstate. It got so bad that the state stopped them from writing tickets on the interstate.

I live and work in Virginia. I actually work with a lady from Pound and she is fine as hell. Super nice and her accent drives me crazy in a good way.

I live and work in Virginia. I actually work with a lady from Pound and she is fine as hell. Super nice and her accent drives me crazy in a good way.
Well if by chance you get lucky just remember that Payne Gap is only 9 minutes away from Pound Town.

Crickets.

It’s an awesome state ruined by a few Yankee infested cities

I heard there were some missionaries looking for a position.

There are some cowgirls who could get the job done. They could do it so well, they'll need to ask for the reverse cowgirl to even things up.

Reactions: Septic

VN Store

Back