2024 CB Kaleb Beasley (Vol commit)
2024 ATH Boo Carter (Vol commit)
2024 LB Edwin Spillman (Vol commit)
2024 LB Jordan Burns (Vol commit)
2025 CB Dylan Lewis (Vol commit)

2024 WR Chanz Wiggins (VT commit)
2024 DL Ellias Williams (Mizzou commit)
2024 DL Nasir Smith
2024 S Elyjah Gordon (Uncommitted, Oregon/USC/AU offers from the summer, quiet recruitment, referred to as a Hybrid defender by 247 (link below)

2025 WR Joakim Dodson
2025 IOL SJ Alofaituli
2025 CB Jayden Shipps
2025 CB Sidney Walton
2025 CB Devin Williams
2025 S Jaylan Morgan
2025 Edge Jared Smith
2025 DL Caleb Williams
2025 DL Charles House
2025 TE Dasaahn Brame
2025 CB Chris Ewald (Michigan commit)
2025 ATH Jamarion Morrow
2025 OT Tyler Miller
2025 WR Dillon Alfred
2025 CB Jordan Crim
2025 WR Radarious Jackson
2025 TE Emaree Winston
2025 ATH Dante McClellan
2025 DL Christian Garrett
2025 CB Jaboree Antoine
2025 DL Ethan Utley
2025 ATH Elijah Dotson
2025 QB George McIntyre
2025 CB Mark Zachery IV
2025 OL Stephon Shivers
2025 DL Kalen Edwards
2025 Edge Grayshaun Swain
2025 DL Amir Leonard-Charles
2025 RB Kolbe Harmon (recent Vol offer, GMac's teammate)
2025 WR Dalyn Upshaw
2025 WR Travis Smith (currently unranked, apparently about to blow up)
2025 DB Tyler Redmond (3rd of Alpharetta Milton HS DB trio of which we already have two commitments)
2025 IOL Dontrell Glover (Bama commit)
2025 OT Logan Schram
2025 IOL Gabe Smith
2025 IOL/DL Carius Curne

2026 QB Levi Davis
2026 QB Faizon Brandon
2026 QB Josiah Oxendine
2026 WR Jordon Gidron
2026 CB Zyntreacs Otey
2026 RB Tyriq Green
2026 Sharroid Whitehead
2026 TE Carson Sneed
2026 ATH Shavar Young
2026 CB Caden Harris (from Brownsville, just got a Vol offer)
Think I got everyone, thanks to all who've been helping. Goes without saying that a) getting so many commitments on campus is big for a lot of reasons, b) there are some really interesting 2024 prospects coming, and c) the quantity and importantly quality of 2025/26 prospects is insane.

On 2024 S Gordon, here's from a 9/14 article from 247:

"Rancho Cucamonga (Calif.) defensive back Elyjah Gordon hasn’t set up any of his official visits but has a few schools in mind for when he does.

Gordon is an intriguing defensive back with a nice combination of size, speed and athleticism. He shined at multiple off-season events and college camps, picking up scholarship offers from Auburn, Oregon and USC.

The Tigers offered him at the TCU Satellite Camp and the Ducks and Trojans offered him following each schools one day camp.

“The offer from Auburn was my first and that was a great feeling," Gordon said. "Coach (Zach) Mallard asked me to jump in during the 1 on 1s and I had a pick and a couple of PBU’s (pass break ups). He got my info and then I got a call from him later on.

“He said he talked with the rest of the staff and they wanted to offer me a scholarship. That was an incredible feeling, not just being my first offer but from a big school like Auburn so I was very excited about it.”

We liked him a lot at the SoCal National Preps Camp where he earned DB MVP honors. He measured in at 6-foot-3 1/2, 178 pounds with a 77-inch wing span and had the fastest time of the day on the GPS tracker at a blazing 21.7 mph.

“I don’t have any official trips set up yet but I definitely want to get to USC and Oregon and I’m supposed to visit Auburn in October. Those are the main three schools I’m talking with and I’m still in touch with Utah as well.”

Gordon has been to two USC games this year and said he had a great time on both visits.

“I went to the Nevada and San Jose State games,” Gordon said. “I had a really fun time and love the environment there. When you see the horse running out and crowd going crazy, there’s really nothing else like it.

“I was able to go in to the locker room after the game and talked with Christian (Pierce, former teammate) fora bit and he really loves it there.”

The Ducks host a red hot Colorado team in two weeks and you can bet that will be a big visit weekend for Oregon.

“That would definitely be a great game to go to,” Gordon said. “I’m definitely going to try, I had a great time when I visited for the camp and really loved being there.

“I loved the coaches and the overall environment. I didn’t get to tour the campus as much as I liked so hopefully that can happen on my next visit there.”

Gordon is one of the more versatile players out West. He has a linebacker frame and has been playing closer to the line of scrimmage this season. He has safety skill set as well and has shown solid cover skills.

He has been playing a physical game this season, tackling well in space and how much weight he puts on in the next year or two will likely determine what position he plays in college."

2024 WR Braylon Staley (Vol commit)
2024 Edge Jordan Ross (Vol commit)
2024 OL Max Anderson (Vol commit)
2024 RB Peyton Lewis (Vol commit)
2024 CB Kaleb Beasley (Vol commit)
2024 ATH Boo Carter (Vol commit)
2024 LB Edwin Spillman (Vol commit)
2024 LB Jordan Burns (Vol commit)
2025 CB Dylan Lewis (Vol commit)

2024 WR Chanz Wiggins (VT commit)
2024 DL Ellias Williams (Mizzou commit)
2024 DL Nasir Smith
2024 S Elyjah Gordon (Uncommitted, Oregon/USC/AU offers from the summer, quiet recruitment, referred to as a Hybrid defender by 247 (link below)

2025 WR Joakim Dodson
2025 IOL SJ Alofaituli
2025 CB Jayden Shipps
2025 CB Sidney Walton
2025 CB Devin Williams
2025 S Jaylan Morgan
2025 Edge Jared Smith
2025 DL Caleb Williams
2025 DL Charles House
2025 TE Dasaahn Brame
2025 CB Chris Ewald (Michigan commit)
2025 ATH Jamarion Morrow
2025 OT Tyler Miller
2025 WR Dillon Alfred
2025 CB Jordan Crim
2025 WR Radarious Jackson
2025 TE Emaree Winston
2025 ATH Dante McClellan
2025 DL Christian Garrett
2025 CB Jaboree Antoine
2025 DL Ethan Utley
2025 ATH Elijah Dotson
2025 QB George McIntyre
2025 CB Mark Zachery IV
2025 OL Stephon Shivers
2025 DL Kalen Edwards
2025 Edge Grayshaun Swain
2025 DL Amir Leonard-Charles
2025 RB Kolbe Harmon (recent Vol offer, GMac's teammate)
2025 WR Dalyn Upshaw
2025 WR Travis Smith (currently unranked, apparently about to blow up)
2025 DB Tyler Redmond (3rd of Alpharetta Milton HS DB trio of which we already have two commitments)
2025 IOL Dontrell Glover (Bama commit)
2025 OT Logan Schram
2025 IOL Gabe Smith
2025 IOL/DL Carius Curne

2026 QB Levi Davis
2026 QB Faizon Brandon
2026 QB Josiah Oxendine
2026 WR Jordon Gidron
2026 CB Zyntreacs Otey
2026 RB Tyriq Green
2026 Sharroid Whitehead
2026 TE Carson Sneed
2026 ATH Shavar Young
2026 CB Caden Harris (from Brownsville, just got a Vol offer)
2025, 26 are impressive. But ****, we gots to get the 24's on deck.

Thought it was also worth noting the hoops and baseball recruits who'll be here. Just a massive weekend for the Athletic Department. From 247:

Rick Barnes' program will be hosting 247Sports composite 2025 five-star point guard Aaron Rowe on an official visit. The Vols will also be hosting 2025 four-star shooting guard Jaylen Cross and 2025 four-star power forward Aleks Alston on unofficial visits.

Rowe is ranked by 247 as the No. 20 overall player in the country and the No. 4 overall point guard. The native of Columbia, Mo. is currently preparing for his second season at Link Academy in Branson, Mo. He was originally scheduled to visit Tennessee the final weekend of September.

Alston is ranked as the No. 95 overall player and the No. 18 overall power forward by 247Sports out of Kenwood Academy in Chicago, Il. He received an offer from the Vols on June 16 and has previously visited Ohio State and Indiana.

Cross, the No. 63 overall player in the country according to the composite, is coming off an unofficial visit to South Carolina last weekend. The 6-foot-4, 170-pound guard hails from Caldwell Academy in Greensboro, N.C.

Baseball Recruiting​

Tony Vitello's program will host 2025 right-handed pitcher Tyler Baird out of Hough High School in Cornelius, N.C. on an official visit this weekend. Baird is ranked by Perfect Game as the No. 36 36 overall player in the country, the 10th-best right-handed pitcher and the fifth-best player in the Tar Heel State. He previously visited Auburn for his first official visit during the first weekend of September.

Only if the money's right.
Nolan could take the big TAMU money if he wanted to. Fair enough. But he was quite the jerk to say to the press afterward that if he had wanted money he would have picked Tennessee.

Sorry he was hurt, but, with you, I am glad he got to see first-hand today what he missed out on.

Do you feel like tonight helped or hurt our chances with recruits? The passing game was not too sharp.
I think recruits see what a lot of us see. The problem is partially Milton (he will be gone) and partially the receivers not helping him (think they can come in and provide that help). It was a raucous environment so I'd say we probably killed it today, even with the pass game struggles.

I think recruits see what a lot of us see. The problem is partially Milton (he will be gone) and partially the receivers not helping him (think they can come in and provide that help). It was a raucous environment so I'd say we probably killed it today, even with the pass game struggles.
I promise you that recruits are not seeing the game as most of you are seeing it. Some are watching their particular position groups. Some are enjoying the game as a whole. Others are taking in the atmosphere and are in awe. They are not really seeing "a problem" if the Vols are victorious. They see a field loaded with amazing athletes. You are forgetting that most of them work their a$$es off year round, for the chance to just be on the sidelines in one of those uniforms. They see 100,000+ cheering for them one day. Very few of us have ever been on that stage, yet we sit at home critiquing the hell out of these kids while they celebrate a hard fought victory. It wasn't that long ago when we celebrated making a fairly meaningless bowl. Now we complain that our victories aren't of a "championship level" and we don't have a top 3 recruiting class. Do you realize that there are over 100 other fan bases that wished they were us right now? That's what these recruits are seeing. How long has it been since we could make that claim?

I promise you that recruits are not seeing the game as most of you are seeing it. Some are watching their particular position groups. Some are enjoying the game as a whole. Others are taking in the atmosphere and are in awe. They are not really seeing "a problem" if the Vols are victorious. They see a field loaded with amazing athletes. You are forgetting that most of them work their a$$es off year round, for the chance to just be on the sidelines in one of those uniforms. They see 100,000+ cheering for them one day. Very few of us have ever been on that stage, yet we sit at home critiquing the hell out of these kids while they celebrate a hard fought victory. It wasn't that long ago when we celebrated making a fairly meaningless bowl. Now we complain that our victories aren't of a "championship level" and we don't have a top 3 recruiting class. Do you realize that there are over 100 other fan bases that wished they were us right now? That's what these recruits are seeing. How long has it been since we could make that claim?
Excellent post! We should all take a step back and remember just how abysmal it was 3 short years ago and then the 15 years that preceded it.

I've known a couple of recruits over the years and while I agree, they do see everything much differently than we do, they do definitely still see problem areas (especially if it relates to them) and they hear chatter to a certain extent. A win definitely puts a really nice shine on anything they do see though, no question.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back