Vol Season Ticket Holders Reflect Reality of Upcoming Season

VolBraniac

Bigly Membered
With the loss of two stellar WRs and our starting QB, the Vols offensive potential is in serious question. With no established kicking game of quality and a defense which returns many players who also played for one of the worst in Vol history, Vol fans hungry for Ws vote with their pocketbooks.

Struggling offense, few points, Swiss cheese defense, few wins.

The future may be brighter orange but it appears Vol fans are realist when it comes to the upcominf season.

Less than five weeks before the Vols' season opener, though, there hasn't been a large uptick in season-ticket sales despite Jones' recruiting success and the offseason of positive vibes he and his staff have generated.

With individual game tickets and two- and three-game packages now on sale, UT expects to fall short of the number of season tickets it sold last season, though the athletic department has had better funding than it anticipated.

Vols ticket sales lagging behind 2012 | timesfreepress.com

Reactions: 1 person
OK - 103,000 seats with 57,300 ST's sold with plenty of positive vibes and a huge marketing push for the past year. So what is wrong with this picture outside of the usual short sightedness of the UTAD and Chancellor?

Solutions:
1) Win more. Duh.
2) More comfortable seating - which means reducing the number of seats and add seat backs and space to the remaining seats.

if you do those two things the cost can stay the same. If not,

3) Lower the cost of tickets/donation.

Reactions: 2 people
OK - 103,000 seats with 57,300 ST's sold with plenty of positive vibes and a huge marketing push for the past year. So what is wrong with this picture outside of the usual short sightedness of the UTAD and Chancellor?

Solutions:
1) Win more. Duh.
2) More comfortable seating - which means reducing the number of seats and add seat backs and space to the remaining seats.

No. No no no. Never ever take more seats out of Neyland. Made me mad when they took out a few thousand for the terrace. We wanna stay #1 in that regard.

Reactions: 6 people
No. No no no. Never ever take more seats out of Neyland. Made me mad when they took out a few thousand for the terrace. We wanna stay #1 in that regard.

Being #1 in capacity doesn't matter if you can't fill all the seats

Reactions: 4 people
Everybody tends to forget a great percentage of this defense played on a top 25 defense the year before sunseri. Weak argument for an excuse people want to make for us not to exceed. Get behind your team or get the hell out of the way.

Reactions: 7 people
With the loss of two stellar WRs and our starting QB, the Vols offensive potential is in serious question. With no established kicking game of quality and a defense which returns many players who also played for one of the worst in Vol history, Vol fans hungry for Ws vote with their pocketbooks.

Struggling offense, few points, Swiss cheese defense, few wins.

The future may be brighter orange but it appears Vol fans are realist when it comes to the upcominf season.

Vols ticket sales lagging behind 2012 | timesfreepress.com

It is not VOL fans who are not buying tickets, it is the trains riders who jump off the the train in difficult times. My tickets are the ones which my father first bought in 1933. Will keep them until my kids decide what to do with them after the next 50 years.

Reactions: 4 people
Everybody tends to forget a great percentage of this defense played on a top 25 defense the year before sunseri. Weak argument for an excuse people want to make for us not to exceed. Get behind your team or get the hell out of the way.

This. We have talent on the D. Just didn't have coaching. I bet the D surprises s few this year. Poor excuse for lagging tix sales.

This. We have talent on the D. Just didn't have coaching. I bet the D surprises a few this year. Poor excuse for lagging tix sales.

Vol4us- while I agree w/ most of your points I don't see UT taking the lead to expand "seat space." Doug Matthews spoke about this a while back and said it would take other elite SEC schools leading the charge for UT to consider downsizing its (potential) compacity crowd.

Winning will increase attendance but UT and other schools will need to market the "millenial" generation. They are use to pressing a button to get from point A to B while the older generation still recalls the Atari game system and the invention of the cell phone-lol.

I had season tickets but my ten yr old plays football games on Sat. I finally stopped donating monies and purchasing tickets since we couldn't attend the games nor sell/ give away the tickets.

Winning will cure most of the problems but the days of Filling Neyland every game are over, imo, as every team, including UT, must schedule a couple of "cupcakes" each season if they want to have a chance to compete for the (future) four game playoff.

Thoughts?

Well with the last few years under Fulmer, then Kiffin and Dooley what do you expect. I think this coaching staff will get these players ready to play. The big thing is at QB. I hope a player like Dobbs can take over when he starts practice. Our defense will be better because we have football coaches now. Not like that crap last year. We pull off a couple of upsets and the fans will fill that place up.

I'll be in Neyland if there's game being played. I love our seats and will keep them as long as I can walk to the stadium. Go Vols!

It is not VOL fans who are not buying tickets, it is the trains riders who jump off the the train in difficult times. My tickets are the ones which my father first bought in 1933. Will keep them until my kids decide what to do with them after the next 50 years.

This.

Vol4us- while I agree w/ most of your points I don't see UT taking the lead to expand "seat space." Doug Matthews spoke about this a while back and said it would take other elite SEC schools leading the charge for UT to consider downsizing its (potential) compacity crowd.

Winning will increase attendance but UT and other schools will need to market the "millenial" generation. They are use to pressing a button to get from point A to B while the older generation still recalls the Atari game system and the invention of the cell phone-lol.

I had season tickets but my ten yr old plays football games on Sat. I finally stopped donating monies and purchasing tickets since we couldn't attend the games nor sell/ give away the tickets.

Winning will cure most of the problems but the days of Filling Neyland every game are over, imo, as every team, including UT, must schedule a couple of "cupcakes" each season if they want to have a chance to compete for the (future) four game playoff.

Thoughts?

The generation you are referring to is more hip to saving money in the secondary ticket market.

People of all ages are also tired of paying premium prices for a home schedule where 5 of the home games are against 3 cupcakes, mizzou, and ky.

I would love to go, but I am contracting in Afghanistan. Next year when I am back I will be a student again, but if they are out of those I will definitely buy tickets for every home game. There is no way I'll be missing bowl games.

The generation you are referring to is more hip to saving money in the secondary ticket market.

People of all ages are also tired of paying premium prices for a home schedule where 5 of the home games are against 3 cupcakes, mizzou, and ky.

Agreed with the cupcake games. It's gotten pitiful the last few years

the economy. When fans' economic situations are weaker they have to have more of a reason to go to a game.

I agree Gator. Saban said the same thing regarding "not scheduling" cupcakes, then again, that won't occur unless every top 25 team agrees so there is a potential level playing field. As you mentioned, each team always has bad (conference) teams on their home schedule. The same thing occurs in the NFL.

Solutions:
1) Win more. Duh.

I quit reading @ "duh"

Its speaks volume about what people think about hart and that's a good thing. UT hires a new coach but sells fewer ticket than dools last year... red flag for sure.

The stat i would like to see r the club n sky box percentage sold. Those r the people that donate big money n can lead a change of cheek n hart.

Winning will cure all but this shows lack of confidence in the masses going into the fall. Also it will be ugly if cbj hasn't won an sec game thru SC.

I know this isn't popular but I like people making hart sweat and taking a wait n see approach. Hart f'up the coaching search but thought ut fans didn't care. Now only time will tell if hart will stay employed.

VN Store

Back