Vol Season Ticket Holders Reflect Reality of Upcoming Season

And if they go to nine conference games we won't even get that one good ooc game

Actually, I'm thinking that once the playoff starts, if strength of schedule is much of a factor, most teams will have to upgrade their OOC games a bit.

Even though we will be playing 9 conference games, the other conferences will be following suit as well. So I could see this being the end, or at least a big decrease in the UT Martin, Georgia St, S. Alabama, Austin Peay, Tn Tech type teams playing in SEC stadiums in the future. JMO and I have been wrong before.

I'm not sure I buy the whole HDTV argument; there's no substitute for the experience of being there. It's the cost plus all the losing that's killing UT right now.

Disagree...there were empty seats in the upper deck when Texas A&M played Alabama last year. We had empty seats in the student section when LSU and South Carolina came to town.

I agree there's no substitute for being in the stadium, but the HDTV experience and the bloated inventory of games on TV are a big reason attendance is down, regardless of who the team is.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think it is more like why should I spend all that money to watch the game live when I can watch it from the comfort of my home in HD on my big screen have the exact foods I want and no lines has more to do with it than dissapproval of product.

QUOTE=VolBraniac;894737]With the loss of two stellar WRs and our starting QB, the Vols offensive potential is in serious question. With no established kicking game of quality and a defense which returns many players who also played for one of the worst in Vol history, Vol fans hungry for Ws vote with their pocketbooks.

Struggling offense, few points, Swiss cheese defense, few wins.

The future may be brighter orange but it appears Vol fans are realist when it comes to the upcominf season.

Vols ticket sales lagging behind 2012 | timesfreepress.com[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 person
I think it is more like why should I spend all that money to watch the game live when I can watch it from the comfort of my home in HD on my big screen have the exact foods I want and no lines has more to do with it than dissapproval of product.
There is a certain amount of that, I agree. But in the recent history of UT, when the fanbase smells defeat, they retreat.

That will change soon! We have the real deal. Butch Jones is going to be a legend at UT! Brick by brick baby!!!!

For me it comes down to value. UTTIX has got some good deals going right now, unfortunately, they consist of seating in the south upper deck. That's okay for a game I really want to see, but I'm not going to want to spend the whole season up there.

I'd much rather watch Austin Peay at home with the family and friends on the outdoor patio tail gaiting and all that comes with it.

UGA and USCe are big money games and if we somehow beat UF or Oregon, those games will sell out. Other than those two, the home schedule this year is pretty weak.

Have the away tickets already been sold by UT Ticket Office? Or if they haven't been placed on sale yet, does anyone know when they will be put up for sale? Looking for Mizzou tickets.

Have the away tickets already been sold by UT Ticket Office? Or if they haven't been placed on sale yet, does anyone know when they will be put up for sale? Looking for Mizzou tickets.

They are up for sale at UTTIX.com

We will never give-up the south endzone season tickets. My wife has had them in her family for 50 years and many fans around us watched games in the 50's-60's . Most folks sitting there are just average people and not wealthy by any means. They are local and have been coming to the same seats for decades. Our trip means a 4 hour drive each way and usually a hotel stay. Mainly based on recruiting and CBJ's tireless effort in uniting the fanbase, alumni and former players, there is hope UT will again win meaningful games again.

Everybody tends to forget a great percentage of this defense played on a top 25 defense the year before sunseri. Weak argument for an excuse people want to make for us not to exceed. Get behind your team or get the hell out of the way.

I couldnt have said it better. Im sick of all these debbie downers coming on here and acting like our Vols couldnt match up with ETSU! It makes me sick!

With the loss of two stellar WRs and our starting QB, the Vols offensive potential is in serious question. With no established kicking game of quality and a defense which returns many players who also played for one of the worst in Vol history, Vol fans hungry for Ws vote with their pocketbooks.

Struggling offense, few points, Swiss cheese defense, few wins.

The future may be brighter orange but it appears Vol fans are realist when it comes to the upcominf season.

Vols ticket sales lagging behind 2012 | timesfreepress.com

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! You mean Butch might have to coach and recruit a few seasons before we fill the stadium for a national championship team? What an enlightening post!

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! You mean Butch might have to coach and recruit a few seasons before we fill the stadium for a national championship team? What an enlightening post!
Pat Brown received your comment. :p

OK - 103,000 seats with 57,300 ST's sold with plenty of positive vibes and a huge marketing push for the past year. So what is wrong with this picture outside of the usual short sightedness of the UTAD and Chancellor?

Solutions:
1) Win more. Duh.
2) More comfortable seating - which means reducing the number of seats and add seat backs and space to the remaining seats.

if you do those two things the cost can stay the same. If not,

3) Lower the cost of tickets/donation.

The seats are the same size & same level of comfort they were when we packed 107,000 into a 102,000 seat stadium. 3 factors are contributing to lower attendance at UT:

Number of wins
Economy
Flat screen 45" HD TV

Even Ala & Fla can't fill their stadiums right now & Fla has 52,000 students & Ala has won a title or 2 lately!
Vol fans, for the most part are loyal & we'll be back to winning soon!

Its speaks volume about what people think about hart and that's a good thing. UT hires a new coach but sells fewer ticket than dools last year... red flag for sure.

The stat i would like to see r the club n sky box percentage sold. Those r the people that donate big money n can lead a change of cheek n hart.

Winning will cure all but this shows lack of confidence in the masses going into the fall. Also it will be ugly if cbj hasn't won an sec game thru SC.

I know this isn't popular but I like people making hart sweat and taking a wait n see approach. Hart f'up the coaching search but thought ut fans didn't care. Now only time will tell if hart will stay employed.

You'll be disappointed then. Read the article from the Chatt TFP. I believe it said 98% of skyboxes are full & 85% of the other boxes & the TN Terrace. Also, contributions are way over expectations. I'm not sure why overall tkts sold are down. The little guy isn't buying as much I guess, but this little guy has his.
GO VOLS !

Its speaks volume about what people think about hart and that's a good thing. UT hires a new coach but sells fewer ticket than dools last year... red flag for sure.

The stat i would like to see r the club n sky box percentage sold. Those r the people that donate big money n can lead a change of cheek n hart.

Winning will cure all but this shows lack of confidence in the masses going into the fall. Also it will be ugly if cbj hasn't won an sec game thru SC.

I know this isn't popular but I like people making hart sweat and taking a wait n see approach. Hart f'up the coaching search but thought ut fans didn't care. Now only time will tell if hart will stay employed.
If you talk to the "average" fan - who don't participate in this or other forums - they see a UT football team as substandard. They are also bright enough to know to pass on the Orange Koolaid that is passed around here like water and understand any coach in his first year is playing with the same talent (less in our case) as the year before.

So they vote with their pocketbooks. This my friends is reality.

VN Store

Back