Vols #7 in the week 3 AP Poll

That’s what top 25 prime time matchup gets you w no other really good games going! Plus Vols looking the part!
I wondered last week if the reason NCSU was even ranked in the top 25 was to generate ratings for the game last night. I think I have my answer. They struggled against an FCS school and then got blown out by an SEC school. That's their record. Looks like the typical rating setup.

Reactions: ttocswob
I wondered last week if the reason NCSU was even ranked in the top 25 was to generate ratings for the game last night. I think I have my answer. They struggled against an FCS school and then got blown out by an SEC school. That's their record. Looks like the typical rating setup.
I think you're right, but I also think we're so early in the season, it's hard to know what's real. I will say NCST kinda hung with us until the pick 6...about a quarter and half. Seemed eerily similar to some our Bama beat downs where we thought we were decent for a bit, then got shown the door in second half. Good to be on the other side of things. This D is going to keep us in ALOT more games this year.

I hate it but they are good. 10-2 last year with only losses being close games to LSU and UGA. Beat the crap out of us and beat Ohio State in the bowl.

And if you look at their schedule they may have the easiest schedule in the SEC. They don’t have to play UGA, Tennessee, or Texas. Only tough games are Alabama and Oklahoma and something tells me Bama is close to dropping some games they shouldn’t.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It will be interesting to see how the committee considers schedules. Oregon plays just 2 ranked teams all season - tOSU at home and UM which got smashed at home yesterday. It should have an 11-1 record but then a few SEC teams at 10-2 with brutal schedules. Heck, GA has Bama, Texas and Ole Miss on the road plus the Vols at home.

It will be interesting to see how the committee considers schedules. Oregon plays just 2 ranked teams all season - tOSU at home and UM which got smashed at home yesterday. It should have an 11-1 record but then a few SEC teams at 10-2 with brutal schedules. Heck, GA has Bama, Texas and Ole Miss on the road plus the Vols at home.
Look at Missouri’s schedule. Their only ranked opponents are BC (24), Bama, and Oklahoma. And Oklahoma may not be ranked by the time they play Missouri. I could see Missouri going 11-1. If we go 10-2 with close loses to Bama and UGA, but we look better against Oklahoma and Bama than Missouri does… do we get in over Missouri or do we get punished for having a tougher schedule?

Hope we stay healthy for that OU matchup! Currently +3.5 underdogs against them.

Look at Missouri’s schedule. Their only ranked opponents are BC (24), Bama, and Oklahoma. And Oklahoma may not be ranked by the time they play Missouri. I could see Missouri going 11-1. If we go 10-2 with close loses to Bama and UGA, but we look better against Oklahoma and Bama than Missouri does… do we get in over Missouri or do we get punished for having a tougher schedule?
Or just: both teams get in?

The SEC has always been the greatest conference on earth but it’s absolutely another level of disgusting this year. Will be interesting to see who ends up on top.

Or just: both teams get in?
Maybe but it’s going to get crowded. UGA, Texas, Ole Miss all seem primed for 10+ win seasons. Bama has the toughest road by far, so if they win 10 I assume they’ll be in. No way all 6 of us get in. We just need to handle our business against Oklahoma and Bama and let everyone else cry over who gets left out

They scored so much yesterday that they ran out of fireworks. 💥
They usually stop by the local fireworks stand and just buy ten dollars worth.
The one angry person on their team was probably the punter.. he's like I didn't come here for 2 punts a game...

If Candy keeps up what rheu are doing they are gonna mess around and be ranked also
They play Mizzou on sept 21. SOOOOO.......

awkward get out GIF by CBC

VN Store

Back