18 Kansas State
19 Miami
20 A&M
21 Arizona
22 Kansas
23 USC
24 NC State
25 Iowa

Don't understand the hype with Notre Dame or FSU.

Also skeptical of Missouri. They may be a by product of their schedule this year
Notre Dame should have a good defense and their schedule is very manageable. The downside for them is that if they drop 2 they probably have played their way out of the CFP.

FSU loses a lot and I don’t see DJ Ukelele being good enough to have them be as good as they were last year.

Mizzou definitely has a pretty easy schedule, at Tuscaloosa is no picnic, but they could get to 10-2 or 11-1. I’d love a shot at them again.

1 Georgia (46 1st place votes)
2 Ohio St (15)
3 Oregon (1)
4 Texas
5 Alabama
6 Ole Miss
7 Notre Dame
8 Penn St
9 Michigan
10 Florida St
11 Missouri
12 Utah
13 LSU
14 Clemson
15 Tennessee
16 Oklahoma
17 Oklahoma State
18 Kansas State
19 Miami
20 A&M
21 Arizona
22 Kansas
23 USC
24 NC State
25 Iowa

That sounds relatively reasonable, but there is no way we should be ranked behind Clemson.

1 Georgia (46 1st place votes)
2 Ohio St (15)
3 Oregon (1)
4 Texas
5 Alabama
6 Ole Miss
7 Notre Dame
8 Penn St
9 Michigan
10 Florida St
11 Missouri
12 Utah
13 LSU
14 Clemson
15 Tennessee
16 Oklahoma
17 Oklahoma State
18 Kansas State
19 Miami
20 A&M
21 Arizona
22 Kansas
23 USC
24 NC State
25 Iowa

There are only 2 teams that I see that I think would probably beat us, and those are the top 2. Every other team is a toss up or a W IMO.

Here’s the thing with a lot of the teams ranked above us - they have a lot of quality depth due to recruiting at a very high level for back to back years for several years in a row - see clemmer for example. Not all of them - but most of them. Four years ago they outrecruited us. This is obviously not the case now however!
We comin’ - if injuries didn’t happen, our top 22 and with our amazing offense and D line, we should be top 10. But injuries do happen, and our two deep isn’t where it will be in the future.
That said, VOLS by FIDDY every week this year.

Reactions: sami
Don't understand the hype with Notre Dame or FSU.

Also skeptical of Missouri. They may be a by product of their schedule this year

ND will have a chance to drop when they go to Kyle Field. (8-31 Opener) A&M got them a Coach, Aggies are actually favored in that game (1-2 points) Unfortunately, A&M' lost a top RB to a leg in the first scrimmage. I hate that, I so want A&M to kick Irish butt.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
FSU loses a lot and I don’t see DJ Ukelele being good enough to have them be as good as they were last year.

DJ could be one of the more interesting stories this year. He got a terrible deal at Clemson with their lack of creativite play calling. Oregon State had a very successful year by their standards, but they were lacking in talent.

Maybe he has the talent and play calling to finally live up to his recruitment ranking. If that’s the case, Dabo might get to start flipping burgers upon an Oct 5 loss.

That bowl was a while ago, but idk why they are ranked ahead of us. The trajectory of that program isnt going up based off the past two years. So we shall see.
If we played in the ACC we would very likely be picked to win the league. I’m not sure there’s a team in the ACC that would make the CFP if they played in the SEC. I certainly don’t see it

DJ could be one of the more interesting stories this year. He got a terrible deal at Clemson with their lack of creativite play calling. Oregon State had a very successful year by their standards, but they were lacking in talent.

Maybe he has the talent and play calling to finally live up to his recruitment ranking. If that’s the case, Dabo might get to start flipping burgers upon an Oct 5 loss.
Maybe so in terms of play calling . I think FSU is going to lean heavily on the run and defense. DJ’s not bad, but I don’t think he’s going to win many games for them,

So it's pretty likely we're going to move up at least a bit after the first week of games.

A week early, #10 FSU could lose in an upset to Ga Tech. Wouldn't count on it, but possible.

Then, the same weekend we play UT-Chatt:
-- #7 Notre Dame could easily get beat by #20 A&M
-- #8 Penn State could choke against unranked West Virginia
-- #10 FSU has a second chance to be upset, this time by Boston College
-- #13 LSU might get beat by #23 USCw; and
-- #14 Clemson will likely lose to #1 UGa

So that's 6 different games that offer us opportunities to move up between one and five spots.

Not too shabby for playing a cupcake, with no expectations of impressing voters enough to leapfrog fellow Top 15 teams who win.

Go Vols!

So it's pretty likely we're going to move up at least a bit after the first week of games.

A week early, #10 FSU could lose in an upset to Ga Tech. Wouldn't count on it, but possible.

Then, the same weekend we play UT-Chatt:
-- #7 Notre Dame could easily get beat by #20 A&M
-- #8 Penn State could choke against unranked West Virginia
-- #10 FSU has a second chance to be upset, this time by Boston College
-- #13 LSU might get beat by #23 USCw; and
-- #14 Clemson will likely lose to #1 UGa

So that's 6 different games that offer us opportunities to move up between one and five spots.

Not too shabby for playing a cupcake, with no expectations of impressing voters enough to leapfrog fellow Top 15 teams who win.

Go Vols!
If we beat NCSU and OU (certainly not easy), I think we handle UF and are 6-0 going into the TSIO.
Just imagine Neyland that day.

I hope we beat NC State, a top 25 matchup and then have state go on and win the ACC.
They can definitely do that. They don’t have history on their side, but they can do that. They go to Clemson 2 weeks after they play us, and After that they should be favored in every game remaining. But it’s NC State, and they do State things.

They can definitely do that. They don’t have history on their side, but they can do that. They go to Clemson 2 weeks after they play us, and After that they should be favored in every game remaining. But it’s NC State, and they do State things.
Not gonna lie, I am a little nervous for that game. McCall is definitely a gamer and he will have some tools around him.

We should win that game, but early in the year, and anything can happen. I am hoping we contain Mcall at the line of scrimmage and then just score again, and again and again. Beat them to sleep early but it may not be that easy...

VN Store

Back