Vols are 15th in AP Poll

And what typically happens in the third game or after any big win? A loss to an ECU or Boston College type of school ? That’s what I meant by State things. It’s hard to argue against that when State hasn’t won an ACC title since the Carter Administration.
Exactly my point. They beat teams they shouldn't, and lose to teams they shouldn't, which is why I'm worried about this game. It would stink if we beat them with Dooley but lost with Heupel. Also, this is more or less (ok more) a BVS thing on my part.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Exactly my point. They beat teams they shouldn't, and lose to teams they shouldn't, which is why I'm worried about this game. It would stink if we beat them with Dooley but lost with Heupel. Also, this is more or less (ok more) a BVS thing on my part.
I think they’ll be pretty good, but I don’t think they’ve seen anyone like us. They can try and simulate in practice, but everyone’s got a plan until they get hit in the mouth.

So it's pretty likely we're going to move up at least a bit after the first week of games.

A week early, #10 FSU could lose in an upset to Ga Tech. Wouldn't count on it, but possible.

Then, the same weekend we play UT-Chatt:
-- #7 Notre Dame could easily get beat by #20 A&M
-- #8 Penn State could choke against unranked West Virginia
-- #10 FSU has a second chance to be upset, this time by Boston College
-- #13 LSU might get beat by #23 USCw; and
-- #14 Clemson will likely lose to #1 UGa

So that's 6 different games that offer us opportunities to move up between one and five spots.

Not too shabby for playing a cupcake, with no expectations of impressing voters enough to leapfrog fellow Top 15 teams who win.

Go Vols!
I’m taking GA Tech in week 0. I think Haynes King gets it done in Dublin.

In week 1, I think Notre Dame wins, FSU rebounds, LSU wins, and Clemson pulls the upset in Atlanta.

Don't understand the hype with Notre Dame or FSU.

Also skeptical of Missouri. They may be a by product of their schedule this year

Notre Dame plays nobody all year. Again. Always terribly overrated...for my entire 47 years of life. Usually ranked about 10 spots higher than any other team in the country would be with the same talent and record. Guess too many folks with votes are catholics.

So it's pretty likely we're going to move up at least a bit after the first week of games.

A week early, #10 FSU could lose in an upset to Ga Tech. Wouldn't count on it, but possible.

So that's 6 different games that offer us opportunities to move up between one and five spots.

Not too shabby for playing a cupcake, with no expectations of impressing voters enough to leapfrog fellow Top 15 teams who win.

Go Vols!

BC beat FSU last year. Period.

I have NEVER ever seen refs absolutely take over a game, and refuse to let a team win like that game. Don't believe me...watch it yourself on YouTube. You will throw up. Called 14 game changing penalties...drive killers like Holding calls repeatedly on 3rd downs, phantom PI calls on defense to extend drives etc. It was THE most blatant cheating by that ACC crew I have ever seen to protect FSU. Thats why they didnt make the playoffs anyway...because EVERYONE else including the selection committee saw it as well. BC flat was better than them on that day. If it had been at an SEC stadium, all Hell would have broken loose. I am including every UT game I have ever seen in my 47 years of life when I say no team has ever been robbed that obviously...and we got flat robbed versus UNC twice AND versus Purdue in the bowlgame when we clearly scored the winning TD. They arent even in the same universe with how badly BC got jacked last year.

Go Vols!
Neal Brown is a good coach. WVU will be ready to play.

Well, that first upset didn't take long. Heh.

Don't know if AP will release a new poll this afternoon or wait until a full weekend of football happens, but there's at least one spot we will rise whenever they do.

Let's wait and see how many more of those 4 potential week 1 upsets happen.

Go Vols!

I’m taking GA Tech in week 0. I think Haynes King gets it done in Dublin.

In week 1, I think Notre Dame wins, FSU rebounds, LSU wins, and Clemson pulls the upset in Atlanta.
Nice call on Tech. However believe TAMU gets it done. If Clemson gets a W, I'll buy you a beer next time I'm looking at you.

"Pre Season Polls" ARE...
"Daffy"...

daffy-duck.gif

EXHIBIT A = Free Shoes University

Well, that first upset didn't take long. Heh.

Don't know if AP will release a new poll this afternoon or wait until a full weekend of football happens, but there's at least one spot we will rise whenever they do.

Let's wait and see how many more of those 4 potential week 1 upsets happen.

Go Vols!
AP & Coaches most likely after the full weekend. Massey Rating wasn't kind to FSU with a 27 spot drop to 43. GT moves to 25th, up 37 spots

Last edited:

VN Store

Back