Vols are confident against Oregon.

Agreed!

We have one hell of a schedule.

It will really show us what our team is made of and show people that TN is not going to be pushed around anymore.

Reactions: 3 people
After reading I am just happy that this staff knows they need to run the ball set up pass and that we need to control the clock and keep their o off the field.its refreshing the last staff didn't get that

Reactions: 3 people
From here on for the next 9 weeks, our schedule will be VERY difficult. One week off prior to the game with Georgia and the rest are back to back.

I'm hoping to see a very productive QB emerge, a consistent running game and a few play makers arise during this stretch.

This game needs to be a coming out party for the o line. They need to maul and grind the oregon D line til they beg for mercy. If Virginia can run on them we sure as hell better be able to.

Reactions: 4 people
This was hard to read.

The Vols have lost 16 straight games to nationally ranked foes and last won against a ranked opponent in 2009 (No. 21 South Carolina). Overall, they’ve lost 22 of their last 23 games against ranked teams going back to the beginning of Phillip Fulmer’s final season in 2008.

Reactions: 1 person
Last week during the wku game i felt like the vols luck was finally turning good.
look at the historic run of bad luck under kiffen/dooley. We had so many games won that we lost due to bad coaching.

Yes oregon is probably the BEST team we face all year and they have a lot of playmakers and advantages, but i feel the vols have some stronger points also. I feel we have the best o-line and the better coach. CBJ two predecessors had no idea how to make in game adjustments. How many games were we leading at the half when the other team came back and mangled us the second half. (mizzou last year being just one painful example)

I feel our kids will be prepared with a good (hopefully great) game plan.

If we stay tenacious and play for the breaks, they may come our way...and possibly disgruntle the oregon players enough to break focus.

I do feel our best chance is to come out hitting them so hard we stun them because we have the players to do it. If we can smash them in the mouth in the opening, we may be "lucky" in the endgame.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Unlike the last 4 years, I'm getting more confidant as the week goes on. We may not win, but I expect to be proud our effort.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back