Vols are confident against Oregon.

Good read. If the players had the mindset of 80% of the "fan"base they'd be better off forfeiting and not even making the trip.

Reactions: 2 people
A key point we MUST do Saturday is tackle in the open field. THey have excellent speed from several players. THey will find a way to get outside, and if they do, we must bring the runner down. I think we will play well this week. GO VOLS.

But yet some fans still keep predicting upsets each and every time. I guess that's what being a homer is all about right, ;)

^^^ Stupid Post. You do realize what "Fan" means ? Right ? #weneedmorehomers #lessfansworriedaboutecred

Win or Lose. Oregon is going to know they played a "Tennessee Tough" Team.
They may not get their hearing back for a week but it won't be from the noise.

Reactions: 1 person
“All we know is we’re the only people who think we’re going to win,” Tennessee senior offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James said. “That’s all we need.”

Does james read all the stuff being said on volnation ?

Every time I watch a Tennessee game I expect them to win because they are my team. We are "rebuilding" yes but my God we aren't Grambling State. I think on any given day Tennessee is capable of beating any team college team in the US of A.

Reactions: 5 people
Adrenaline does that :)

The Ducks are looking forward to testing themselves against a quality opponent and putting the rest of the Pac on notice that the title isn't being ceded to Stanford this year.

I is, am excitid fer tomorry. Maken beg pitchir uf orange-pekoe tea. Will boll organeck chikin breests, put 'em en maize, bleck peppah, garlick powher mex und fry. Den will cut ento strippers und poo Texus Peet on, bake fo 15 mennuts. Make wife happy, I serve wid raw brocculee, carrats, sellery, tough foo dip, und humust. Watch game. Bud furst throw cats out, pud will shoot visors who knock affer gam start sign on dour. Dat includ famile memburs und dey keds.
Oh yeeh, dessert will bee Old Thunner Rode Beeah I got at Calhoun's lass weak.

One thing is for sure: we will see quickly how good of a coach butch is. Autzen, the Swamp and Bryant denney are 3 tough environments to play in.

I think we can win but it will take a level of football that we have not played in a LONG time. We will see if butch is the man for this job on Saturday. This is his first real test. I think this game can set the tone mentally for the rest of the season. If we can slow down stop or beat Oregon in their house, then surely we can take care of business in most games.

Looking forward to this game

After reading I am just happy that this staff knows they need to run the ball set up pass and that we need to control the clock and keep their o off the field.its refreshing the last staff didn't get that

Not sure offense was the problem with the last staff. If I remember correctly we set records or got close to setting records on offense last year. The coaches still sucked and lost the confidence of the team though.:peace2:

Last week during the wku game i felt like the vols luck was finally turning good.
look at the historic run of bad luck under kiffen/dooley. We had so many games won that we lost due to bad coaching.

Yes oregon is probably the BEST team we face all year and they have a lot of playmakers and advantages, but i feel the vols have some stronger points also. I feel we have the best o-line and the better coach. CBJ two predecessors had no idea how to make in game adjustments. How many games were we leading at the half when the other team came back and mangled us the second half. (mizzou last year being just one painful example)

I feel our kids will be prepared with a good (hopefully great) game plan.

If we stay tenacious and play for the breaks, they may come our way...and possibly disgruntle the oregon players enough to break focus.

I do feel our best chance is to come out hitting them so hard we stun them because we have the players to do it. If we can smash them in the mouth in the opening, we may be "lucky" in the endgame.

I really like this post! I have a sneaky suspicion that our luck will continue to get better as these kids gain more confidence and continue to fly to the ball on D. I'm a huge believer in PMA also. Good things happen for people that believe good things will happen and our new coaching staff is very confident and although they get on the kids, are very positive people.

GO BIG ORANGE!!!!!! After we beat the Ducks Saturday we need to make them the main course at the closest Chineese Resturaunt!!!!

Our guys need to play 4 quarters and not give up when the big play goes past them.
if we can contain we have a chance!!!

Oregon fans (some of them) sound like Miami fans before the Sugar bowl. Completely discounting the Vols and worrying about strength of schedule dropping from playing us,lol!!!! PAC-12 schedule is what they should worry about concerning SOS. Win something significant before talking that s--- and people would respect the program more. Six straight BCS titles is what the SEC hangs their hat on!! Oregon "0" GO VOLS!

Last edited:
Oregon fans (some of them) sound like Miami fans before the Sugar bowl. Completely discounting the Vols and worrying about strength of schedule dropping from playing us,lol!!!! PAC-12 schedule is what they should worry about concerning SOS. Win something significant before talking that s--- and people would respect the program more. Six straight BCS titles is what the SEC hangs their hat on!! Oregon "0" GO VOLS!

It's 7 BCS titles but TN hasn't been in the running for a single one.

(Maybe 06 until the LSU game and we did compete with the 07 LSU champs, bit otherwise bragging about others winning it doesn't say much about the us)

Every time I watch a Tennessee game I expect them to win because they are my team. We are "rebuilding" yes but my God we aren't Grambling State. I think on any given day Tennessee is capable of beating any team college team in the US of A.

:rock:

The Vols have absolutely Nothing to Lose, But everything to Gain from this Big Game...playing loose in this game may have it's advantages for the heavy underdogs, Knock the holly crap out of the Duck's and let em know we came to play

the BCS computer always puts an SEC team in the iron bowl but not always oregon. obviously the ducks cannot win a game politics does not allow them to play.

and oregon has to take on the whole SEC by themselves? thats your standard of parity?

the BCS computer always puts an SEC team in the iron bowl but not always oregon. obviously the ducks cannot win a game politics do not allow them to play.

wow i knew expectations had risen for the ducks in the last 10 years or so but i never imagine the standards would be raised so high.

i am honored by your insult.

There will always be 2 SEC teams in the Iron Bowl :crazy:

It's 7 BCS titles but TN hasn't been in the running for a single one.

(Maybe 06 until the LSU game and we did compete with the 07 LSU champs, bit otherwise bragging about others winning it doesn't say much about the us)

We have 1 more BCS title than they do! :) They more than likely win this time as they are at the apex of their 5 year(relevant) Football history!!!

VN Store

Back