Vols are confident against Oregon.

We have 1 more BCS title than they do! :) They more than likely win this time as they are at the apex of their 5 year(relevant) Football history!!!

Yes... Yes we do.

Honestly I don't see O winning one unless they build a dominating defense. The are really just a fast finesse team. When they get punched in the mouth by teams like Stanford, LSU, or Auburn, they fold. Thing is, 8 of the 9 BCS title SEC teams have had sime of the top defenses in the country(and Auburn was bad by any stretch). So unless the top defensive teams choke their way out of a title appearance then O will have a hard time winning a NC.

When they get punched in the mouth by teams like Stanford, LSU, or Auburn, they fold.

Really? I see it the other way around.

SEC cloud-of-dust and defense football leads to low scores. That means that a fluke bounce in favor of the weaker team can sometimes be enough to upset a strong defense focused opponent.

I think it's why we often end up with a 1-loss SEC team arguing with everyone about why they are really the best and that their loss wasn't as bad as everyone elses.

Yes... Yes we do.

Honestly I don't see O winning one unless they build a dominating defense. The are really just a fast finesse team. When they get punched in the mouth by teams like Stanford, LSU, or Auburn, they fold. Thing is, 8 of the 9 BCS title SEC teams have had sime of the top defenses in the country(and Auburn was bad by any stretch). So unless the top defensive teams choke their way out of a title appearance then O will have a hard time winning a NC.

TAMU disagrees. Wasn't a title game but showed that a speed and finesse team can win without a stifling defense. If not true, why is Bama's ole Nick whining about uptempo teams? Pride is all well and good, but often suffers from a ridiculous inability to understand reality, let alone how even a single individual can overcome odds stacked against them.

VN Store

Back