Vols Fall Practice #1

Players media notes:
-Vols freshman edge Chandavian Bradley: I've been going to Tyler Baron a lot, and Big O. Those are my two guys.

-Chandavian Bradley: I'm underweight right now. I'm not going to shy away from that. But I'm going to do everything I need to do to get to where I need to be. Said he showed up at 217 lbs. and has been up to 227 lbs.

-Chandavian Bradley: Coach Ekeler is one of the funniest people I know. When he teaches me something, it clicks. I love Coach G. Since I've been here, he's been on me about every little thing and I love it. It's weird, but I like being yelled at.

-Vols freshman DL Daevin Hobbs on missing spring practice due to shoulder surgery: It was tough for me, but I took the time to study my playbook and just watch everything.

-Daevin Hobbs said he's working at both defensive end and defensive tackle. Said he's at 280 lbs. right now and he wants to maintain that weight.

-Vols freshman RB Khalifa Keith: I've just been focused on learning from the other guys and taking it day-by-day.

-Khalifa Keith: Tennessee needed more physicality from its backs and I feel like I can bring that.

-Vols freshman DL Trevor Duncan: There's never been a conversation about me playing offense. I like defense better, but I'd do anything to get on the field.

-Vols freshman OL Aydin Bussell: My expectation this year is to just soak up everything that I can. My goal is to learn the offense and know what I'm doing before I every worry about getting on the field. Said he's been leaning on Mays, Spraggins and Lane.

-Aydin Bussell said he can play either guard spot, but he's mostly working at left guard.

-Vols freshman DL Tyree Weathersby: Coach Garner is definitely throwing me in the fire. I just have to get used to it.

Last edited:
Players media notes:
-Vols freshman edge Chandavian Bradley: I've been going to Tyler Baron a lot, and Big O. Those are my two guys.

-Chandavian Bradley: I'm underweight right now. I'm not going to shy away from that. But I'm going to do everything I need to do to get to where I need to be. Said he showed up at 217 lbs. and has been up to 227 lbs.

-Chandavian Bradley: Coach Ekeler is one of the funniest people I know. When he teaches me something, it clicks. I love Coach G. Since I've been here, he's been on me about every little thing and I love it. It's weird, but I like being yelled at.

-Vols freshman DL Daevin Hobbs on missing spring practice due to shoulder surgery: It was tough for me, but I took the time to study my playbook and just watch everything.

-Daevin Hobbs said he's working at both defensive end and defensive tackle. Said he's at 280 lbs. right now and he wants to maintain that weight.

-Vols freshman RB Khalifa Keith: I've just been focused on learning from the other guys and taking it day-by-day.

-Khalifa Keith: Tennessee needed more physicality from its backs and I feel like I can bring that.

-Vols freshman DL Trevor Duncan: There's never been a conversation about me playing offense. I like defense better, but I'd do anything to get on the field.

-Vols freshman OL Aydin Bussell: My expectation this year is to just soak up everything that I can. My goal is to learn the offense and know what I'm doing before I every worry about getting on the field. Said he's been leaning on Mays, Spraggins and Lane.

-Aydin Bussell said he can play either guard spot, but he's mostly working at left guard.

-Vols freshman DL Tyree Weathersby: Coach Garner is definitely throwing me in the fire. I just have to get used to it.

Man, I love the culture that appears to be permeating through our campus sports in general and the football program specifically.

Who is our “captain” on the defense? We all know this is Joe’s team, but I’m interested to see if there’s a clear leader who will emerge that those guys can rally around.
The writers mentioned McCullough as being "that guy" leading the D. Let's hope things work out for him.

Super excited LFG!!

No mention of seldon, umarov, and karic in those notes seems notable to me for some reason.

Happy to hear the secondary looking sharp. Encouraged that we may get better pass rush from the dl/lb this year. Sounds like the offense won’t miss a beat if we can figure out the starting ol rotation and glad to hear it sounds like younger guys have improved enough to be in the mix. Go Vols!

VN Store

Back