Vols Fall Practice #1

Man I love hearing these news about the OL and DL. Let’s face it, to win big you have to be dominant in the trenches.
We have bodies now. However, the upper echelon of our conference has been stockpiling similar, if not larger and quicker, bodies for a few years now. I hope we bulldoze every team on our schedule. Throw for 300+ and run for 200+ each game and we could surprise a couple teams.

Didn't know either by #. But watching them casually drop a ball and not "die trying" would pizz me off as a coach. That crap needs to be put aside right now.
yeah I saw the numbers posted here, think I got the right two but we don't need those type of drops, gonna chalk it up to rust(I hope)

Coach was correct this is his most talented and deepest team which it should be. Team looks very good. I came across a podcast that averaged preseason betting lines with ESPN power index. TN was a prohibitive favorite in 9 games like 8+ and undergog in 3 Oak Bama and GA only GA was prohibitive dog 13. Both Bama and OK like 3. If Team has a good year as far as key injuries we are right there at playoff numbers even competing for SEC Championship game. I for one can see it both ways 9-3 to even 11-1 Season. All you can ask is that coaches get and develop enough talent to compete for Championship. Going to be fun year. Go Vols. In CHRIST Alone

First practice for me now as a fan is too full of feelings to be objective. Still, it's interesting that my first thought after watching and reading was, "I hope the offense scores quickly so we can get to see more of this defense."

Been a few decades since I've had a thought along those lines.
And that’s where it gets interesting my friend. What if for the first time in forever, our defense is good enough to force a lot of three and outs and actually get off the field? That could snowball on our opponents rapidly and give is those 28 point first quarters again. Nothing helps quite as much towards winning as breaking their spirits early.

Now comes the annual battle for me during fall practice of battling between my habitual fear of undue optimism that seems to always come from the start of fall camp and the inevitable glowing reviews against a hope that maybe, just maybe, this is one of those classes that actually carries the promised excellence onto the field. At least I do feel that if there is a coaching staff that can deliver, it’s the one we have now.
🤞

Nothing helps quite as much towards winning as breaking their spirits early.
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women"
start of fall camp and the inevitable glowing reviews against a hope that maybe, just maybe, this is one of those classes that actually carries the promised excellence
Heupel & D. White got the entire administration on board. They're putting more sugar in the kool-aid

yeah I saw the numbers posted here, think I got the right two but we don't need those type of drops, gonna chalk it up to rust(I hope)
I know it's practice 1 but dropping it just really looked casual and accepted. Hopefully wrong.

Now comes the annual battle for me during fall practice of battling between my habitual fear of undue optimism that seems to always come from the start of fall camp and the inevitable glowing reviews against a hope that maybe, just maybe, this is one of those classes that actually carries the promised excellence onto the field. At least I do feel that if there is a coaching staff that can deliver, it’s the one we have now.
🤞
One word---Prozac :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Couple things that stand out. For some reason Moore surprised me with how good he looks. Can’t put my finger on it, but passes the eye test. Was excited to see Nico, but came away thinking about Moore. Take that for what it’s worth? Maybe Nico just has the it factor on game day. Linemen don’t practice with any intensity. Receivers drop too many passes.

VN Store

Back