Vols Fall Practice #3

You RB responders are hilarious. But, I think Nathan was saying we will have a Barry Sanders type RB in Peyton Lewis. He was one of a kind, sort of. It's a debate because when you think Gale Sayers, especially again on a muddy field, that was a guy more eel than human. But ole Barry was pinball, stop-motion animation, Johnny Quick highlight reel.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
First, what caught my eye above all else, is the obvious camaraderie among the coaches. Back pats, quickie hand shakes, and short comments among them. I believe t bespeaks of the Vols being a team from top to bottom, sideways, and everything else.

Second, we look bigger than we have in a while, at least it seems that way to me. We're more SEC-ish. Throwback to our 1990s roots. Big OL, hopefully a stingy defense, that allowed us to bully teams.

Third, the comment about Peyton Lewis's quads, and explosiveness. Well, I asked Nathan (my dog) about that. He took a drink from his water bowl, sniffed his roasted beef knuckle bone chew, and looked at me for a moment. Then he said, the UT now has a Barry Sanders RB. I opted not to argue with him, on account he busied himself with that beef knuckle bone chew. It just ain't a good idea to get on his nerves when he's having his chew. Gets as ornery as my now deceased Uncle Buckee, when he'd shove in a hunk of Red Man chew, sat outside to enjoy a summer breeze in peace. Peace being the magic word.

Fourth, I'm hyper excited for our team to launch and provide us with an out of this world season experience.
View attachment 664256
What a comment😂

First, what caught my eye above all else, is the obvious camaraderie among the coaches. Back pats, quickie hand shakes, and short comments among them. I believe t bespeaks of the Vols being a team from top to bottom, sideways, and everything else.

Second, we look bigger than we have in a while, at least it seems that way to me. We're more SEC-ish. Throwback to our 1990s roots. Big OL, hopefully a stingy defense, that allowed us to bully teams.

Third, the comment about Peyton Lewis's quads, and explosiveness. Well, I asked Nathan (my dog) about that. He took a drink from his water bowl, sniffed his roasted beef knuckle bone chew, and looked at me for a moment. Then he said, the UT now has a Barry Sanders RB. I opted not to argue with him, on account he busied himself with that beef knuckle bone chew. It just ain't a good idea to get on his nerves when he's having his chew. Gets as ornery as my now deceased Uncle Buckee, when he'd shove in a hunk of Red Man chew, sat outside to enjoy a summer breeze in peace. Peace being the magic word.

Fourth, I'm hyper excited for our team to launch and provide us with an out of this world season experience.
View attachment 664256

I think you forgot your morning meds again

In the corners group I only see three names that you could argue would be strong options. Continues to be the thinnest group IMO
This is probably true for the vast majority of teams in college football. How many teams do you think have 4 or more strong options to start at CB at SEC level? Damn few. But, at least we have speed and athleticism there, and they will start to get their reps of experience, starting with Chatt., then NCSt., then Kent St. We shall see.

P.S. Gibson, McCoy, Matthews, McMurray, Beasley ...

Seems like every year we talk about all the dropped balls in fall camp. Yet once the season starts, 8t generally all works out. Lol.
"Why are the receivers dropping balls??" has been a storyline every year in Fall camp for 30+ years. It's just a product of the fact that routes on air is the most interesting thing they let the media see. If there's a drop they will write about it because you can only see someone hit a sled so many times lol.

"Why are the receivers dropping balls??" has been a storyline every year in Fall camp for 30+ years. It's just a product of the fact that routes on air is the most interesting thing they let the media see. If there's a drop they will write about it because you can only see someone hit a sled so many times lol.

I can only think of one season where dropped balls truly felt like an epidemic and that was 2005. I think the general feeling was Sanders rotated too many WR's and when Cutcliffe came back as OC, he paired down the number of WR's who played quite a bit.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Jugg machines are good when there are no QBs around but it’s not the same catching from a QB.
Useful to strengthen hands and improve the feel and muscle memory of the complete catch to include a solid tuck. Should be slightly easier to receive from your qb under game conditions.

Touch is a thing.

Timing on routes is an entirely different story.

Keith will be just fine. He is more of a bruiser RB. Our other guys are speedsters and finesse guys. You see, bulldozers don't win Formula One races, but they level structures just fine. We will see him, most likely when our MRZR X multimode off-road fighting vehicles have gassed the defense. Then Keith, being our Armored Fighting Vehicle (AFV), will just plow the defense into absolute submission. Because of this, Nico's average passing per game yards will hover around 145 - 170ypg. I know this because my dog me so, and the cracked crystal ball agreed.

Has there ever been a media report on a practice where they said “man they just looked awful today”

Genuinely curious LOL

Not like reading about those drops.
Plagued us last season

Has there ever been a media report on a practice where they said “man they just looked awful today”

Genuinely curious LOL
It's simply not possible to look awful in the first three periods of practice, which basically amount to a warmup.

I can only think of one season where dropped balls truly felt like an epidemic and that was 2005. I think the general feeling was Sanders rotated too many WR's and when Cutcliffe came back as OC, he paired down the number of WR's who played quite a bit.
2021 early in the year was particularly bad.

Personally, I believe if you can catch, you can catch. Some periods with more drops will happen, but you aren't going to forget and leave your hands at the house on game day. And the thing is, Squirrel, Bru, and Brazzell have all proved extensively that they can catch a football lol.

VN Store

Back