Vols Fall Practice #8 (closed) Scrimmage

Thanks Fingers. They look like they are ready. In that first picture Josephs looks like he has bulked up quite a bit since last year. Hoping he and some of the other second year guys can take some big steps forward this season. Not ideal weather conditions for the scrimmage, but it will give them some good practice for bad weather games at least. Looking forward to any tidbits of info we might be able to get out of the scrimmage.

#7 Leading his team out on the field. Cant wait to hear a pre-scrimmage pep talk from Joe. IF Vol Football Twitter posts one.
Heup already gave the pep talk…..
You know, by God, I actually pity those poor b*stards we're going up against. By God, I do. We're not just going to shoot the b*astards, We're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. We're going to murder those lousy Hun b*stards by the bushel. (Looking at you especially Beamer)
4D650E96-EF67-4670-9D51-58AF02734245.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Vfl2407
Heupel comments:

"Offensively and defensively, really good day." Got out relatively clean today, which is important. Offensively, made some plays in the back half of the scrimmage.

"Vols center Cooper Mays had a minor procedure yesterday, and he'll be back. I anticipate that being a "couple-week deal."

Ollie Lane is really smart, has played a lot of football. Has repped at the three interior spots since we got here. It's been really easy for him to transition inside (to center).

Nothing long-term with Wesley Walker and Tamarion McDonald, who haven't been seen at practice lately.

I thought Joe, operationally, was really good. There were some situations we could have been better in. All in all, pleased with his decision-making process and command.

"Rotation piece is going to be fluid. Some of our young guys are really making strides too— Kaleb Webb and Chas Nimrod."

Dont'e Thornton has the ability to play both slot and outside. This year, we have probably more mobility for guys to play inside and out.

For a first scrimmage, I thought there was a positive sign with our tackling in space.

Milton is operating and handling the offense at a really high level right now. His eyes, as far as what he's seeing from the second level presnap and after the snap, he's been really good.

"Jaylen Wright had a number of nice runs reading our blocking schemes."

I thought, as the scrimmage went on, the RB group did a really nice job. Jaylen Wright had some really nice runs. I thought Jabari Small played really well. It was important for him to get some live work. Dylan Sampson did a great job.

There are multiple guys rotating at Star, from Warren Burrell, Jourdan Thomas. There are multiple guys playing that position, and we're trying to find the right fit to get the best five out there.

TEs Ethan Davis and McCallan Castles: At this point, I think both of them will play at a really high level when they're on the field. They're both so much further ahead than they were in spring ball.

Javontez Spraggins has great energy every single day. He's the same competitor. He's got great influence on the OL, the offense and the whole team. He's a big part of our energy at practice every single day.

Nico Iamaleava is a different player from the spring. He's got great command of what we're doing. He hasn't been perfect, but he's grown. He doesn't make the same mistake twice. He learns from it. He's intentional and has great work habits.

Oh no, my battered Vol syndrome is relapsing 😬 Remembering how we kept expecting Tillman back each week after his minor procedure (curse those Akron lowlifes and their even lower coach)

Put them orange glasses on my friend then take another shot of kool-aid, there will be no bvs, at least not yet.

VN Store

Back