Vols Fall Practice #8 (closed) Scrimmage

Depends on definitions. A hiatal hernia is just below the sternum.
Surgery for a hiatal hernia right after him filming a video about really packing in the calories would be ironic, to say the least.

If it's a hernia, and not inguinal, an umbilical hernia might be a suspect.

(I know big words too, partially because I've had hernia surgeries, plural.)

I have heard some of the rumors too but never put much credence in them. Maybe because back in my teens and twenties, I kept hearing rumors of Satanic influences in just about EVRY rock song. Every song I checked backwards sounded like gibberish and I eventually assumed I was being conned by the same people trying to convince me that dancing, cards, pool, and alcohol were all Satanic. Maybe I was wrong about Zepp. I need to revisit that issue as far as they are concerned. I still get a good vibe from listening to Robert Plant however. He seems to have turned out all right.
My early Christian years were all extremely legalistic Southern Baptist not quite to the stage of snake handling (but probably within sight of the snake box). I am still a very Committed Protestant but I have learned to check everything I am told without automatically relying on everything I am told by people claiming to be devout. The scourge of the Pharisees is still alive and well in the church (Not at all calling you one, you bring up a good point worthy of investigation)

I agree with all of this. I too was alive (as a kid) when many many rock bands were said to be satanic...which turned out to be BS. Led Zep is different though...much to my disappointment. Its actually pretty well documented between testimony from band members in magazines etc, newspaper articles, Jimmy Page buying Crowleys house in an attempt to find a powerful place to practice the Occult etc. Public record on that stuff. Theres a good video on youtube also, i will see if i can find it. . GO VOLS

Heres 1 of the videos, there are several more.

Last edited:
No problems. Just weird. If you ever see someone who has it their stomach rises in a ridge when they sit up. A lot of people and especially men get them as they age.
Well, that's actually an epigastric hernia. A hiatal hernia involves part of the stomach entering the chest cavity through the diaphragm, so you can't "see" one. Hiatal hernias cause reflux/chest pain/regurgitation/nausea.

Reactions: SmokinBob and sjt18
It is pretty obvious that CJH missed creative coach speak classes in his scrimmage report. How is he going to provide a defense if he does not feature or in many instances even acknowledge shortcomings with the players. Admits they had issues upon arrival but none featured currently. He is setting himself up for barrages by NEGAVOLS with every shortcoming on the field. OH MY!!!!!

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Well, that's actually an epigastric hernia. A hiatal hernia involves part of the stomach entering the chest cavity through the diaphragm, so you can't "see" one. Hiatal hernias cause reflux/chest pain/regurgitation/nausea.
Thanks. Just going off what one of the nurses told me during a check up.

I agree with all of this. I too was alive (as a kid) when many many rock bands were said to be satanic...which turned out to be BS. Led Zep is different though...much to my disappointment. Its actually pretty well documented between testimony from band members in magazines etc, newspaper articles, Jimmy Page buying Crowleys house in an attempt to find a powerful place to practice the Occult etc. Public record on that stuff. Theres a good video on youtube also, i will see if i can find it. . GO VOLS

Heres 1 of the videos, there are several more.

I remember in Sunday school they had us watch a film that tried to claim that even Sting and Huey Lewis were satanic because “Murder by Numbers” and “I Want a New Drug.” It misquoted and took lyrics completely out of context to the point that even my 12 year old brain realized that it was bogus. Never took the satanic panic seriously again. I can understand the occult ties with Zeppelin making someone squeamish though.

I remember in Sunday school they had us watch a film that tried to claim that even Sting and Huey Lewis were satanic because “Murder by Numbers” and “I Want a New Drug.” It misquoted and took lyrics completely out of context to the point that even my 12 year old brain realized that it was bogus. Never took the satanic panic seriously again. I can understand the occult ties with Zeppelin making someone squeamish though.

Placing more importance on self reliance is really important. “Study to show thyself approved” puts you in charge. Misguided and misled leaders does not give you a free pass in the face of their input. Not unlike the orange heretics on our boards.

How long is the full recovery?
For me they didn't do anything. As long as it doesn't hurt or limit me... they said there was no reason to treat it.

I would imagine that if it is a hernia and could be done with minimally invasive surgery then a few weeks sounds right.

Surgery for a hiatal hernia right after him filming a video about really packing in the calories would be ironic, to say the least.

If it's a hernia, and not inguinal, an umbilical hernia might be a suspect.

(I know big words too, partially because I've had hernia surgeries, plural.)
I've had all three hernias, but surgery only for two. You can push those inguinal back in several times before they give out. 😂

No problems. Just weird. If you ever see someone who has it their stomach rises in a ridge when they sit up. A lot of people and especially men get them as they age.
Actually what you are describing is called Diastasis Rectii. The hiatal hernia is a condition in which the upper part of the stomach protrudes through the diaphragm where it attaches to the esophagus. And isn’t visible to the naked eye.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back