Vols Fall Practice #8 (closed) Scrimmage

Iron sharpens Iron. True in Football especially in lines of scrimmage. Our front 7 will be the surprise of the league this year. Everyone touting GA rightfully so Bama Lsu and A&M but I believe they will be talking about how good Tennessee is by midway point. So offensive line benefits from this in practice. In CHRIST Alone

Yeah, I liked the one before the LSU game as well…..

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember’d;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.
“Prettiest man I ever saw”

Yeah, I liked the one before the LSU game as well…..

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne’er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember’d;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne’er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition:
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin’s day.

Nice Henry V reference. Branagh is excellent in that.

Iron sharpens Iron. True in Football especially in lines of scrimmage. Our front 7 will be the surprise of the league this year. Everyone touting GA rightfully so Bama Lsu and A&M but I believe they will be talking about how good Tennessee is by midway point. So offensive line benefits from this in practice. In CHRIST Alone
Win that night game in the swamp and all kinds of opportunities present themselves. That is the critical juncture

All comments about Milton were "good operationally; has good command of the offense; saw the field well......" Nothing about how well he threw the ball.

Everyone on here is rooting for Joe but everyone on here has a certain level (to a varying degree) of doubt about whether he is the Orange Bowl Joe or the 2021 Pitt game Joe.

Heupel on Nico

“You gotta grow. You gotta grow. You gotta be pushed. We install it. He’s running everything, man. You know, you’ve heard me say that when they finish spring ball, when they come back beginning training camp, they should be a different player. He’s a different player,” Heupel said of Iamaleava. “He’s got great command in understanding what we’re doing, understands protections, understands how he’s gotta get us out of could be run-run checks, pass-run checks, whatever it might be.

“He hasn’t been perfect, but he’s grown. One of the things that we talked about is not making the same mistake twice. He doesn’t make the same mistake twice. He learns from it. There’s a rep yesterday, as he’s going through his reading progression, tight window on the inside, throws the ball while he’s standing in the pocket. You can see him visually like, hey man, I should have got out to the next one outside. He’s intentional and has great work habits.”

All comments about Milton were "good operationally; has good command of the offense; saw the field well......" Nothing about how well he threw the ball.

Everyone on here is rooting for Joe but everyone on here has a certain level (to a varying degree) of doubt about whether he is the Orange Bowl Joe or the 2021 Pitt game Joe.

Not everyone. Rooting yes. No doubts. I am all in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Antrim
I say keep him out until Florida
Need one game at least before that to get his timing and sync with the rest of the line down pat before the big test. We gotta execute cleanly that game. I already expect the officials will not be giving us any breaks. Cant be shooting ourselves in the foot with false starts and procedure penalties

Need one game at least before that to get his timing and sync with the rest of the line down pat before the big test. We gotta execute cleanly that game. I already expect the officials will not be giving us any breaks. Cant be shooting ourselves in the foot with false starts and procedure penalties
Yes.
id like to see him play the first half only vs Peay.

Agree Fla strength is our strength like our match ups in this game. In CHRIST Alone
It will be a psychological test more than anything. Have to perform well on the road in a wild night environment before we take that next step upwards. We didn’t perform well mentally against either Georgia or South Carolina and it cost us a playoff berth. Beat Florida and Alabama in away night games this year and I give us even odds at a National Championship this season

Reactions: BruisedOrange
I think last year's Athens trial will provide the "been there" experience they'll need to be prepared for Gainesville. A little more noise / even less class.

I think LSU took their own crowd out of that game (fumbled kickoff) before our guys could experience true Tiger Stadium hostility.

Welcome to the SEC, where the classiest fans only throw mustard bottles and golf balls.

Players today need a good dose of Johnny Cash, Led Zeppelin, and Scruggs and Flat and they will be good to go at gametime 😉

I really liked Led Zep growing up. "Four" in particular was great. A few years ago I found out how satanic they are/were and I havent listened since. Jimmy Page in particular was extremely satanic, he even bought Alistair Crowleys house. Theres a pretty good video about the satanic crap on youtube...even stairway is satanic. Page was so deep in the occult practices and worship that the other members actually feared for his life and had an intervention at one point. Crazy stuff man. I am just a sinner, and have made plenty of mistakes in my life...but the dead last place I ever want to be is against God Almighty by getting involved with that evil crap.

I really liked Led Zep growing up. "Four" in particular was great. A few years ago I found out how satanic they are/were and I havent listened since. Jimmy Page in particular was extremely satanic, he even bought Alistair Crowleys house. Theres a pretty good video about the satanic crap on youtube...even stairway is satanic. Page was so deep in the occult practices and worship that the other members actually feared for his life and had an intervention at one point. Crazy stuff man. I am just a sinner, and have made plenty of mistakes in my life...but the dead last place I ever want to be is against God Almighty by getting involved with that evil crap.
I have heard some of the rumors too but never put much credence in them. Maybe because back in my teens and twenties, I kept hearing rumors of Satanic influences in just about EVRY rock song. Every song I checked backwards sounded like gibberish and I eventually assumed I was being conned by the same people trying to convince me that dancing, cards, pool, and alcohol were all Satanic. Maybe I was wrong about Zepp. I need to revisit that issue as far as they are concerned. I still get a good vibe from listening to Robert Plant however. He seems to have turned out all right.
My early Christian years were all extremely legalistic Southern Baptist not quite to the stage of snake handling (but probably within sight of the snake box). I am still a very Committed Protestant but I have learned to check everything I am told without automatically relying on everything I am told by people claiming to be devout. The scourge of the Pharisees is still alive and well in the church (Not at all calling you one, you bring up a good point worthy of investigation)

Last edited:

Goodness gracious. Worst case of BVS ever.
Instead of focusing on the good things Heup said, you invent an issue on something he didn’t say.

Last edited:
They don't play it for me and you, @OrangeTsar. Not my favorite for sure, but whatever keeps the energy high and a laser like focus for these kids, then let em' have it.
I know I know. But if your kids wanted candy for three meals a day, a good parent would say „No, you‘ll rot your teeth out“. Same with rap music and brains 😂
Give ‚em some Bach Fugues or Beethoven piano sonatas. It‘ll fix what ails them
A3105CA8-FB02-44C5-A612-3260E05DBF1A.jpeg

I know I know. But if your kids wanted candy for three meals a day, a good parent would say „No, you‘ll rot your teeth out“. Same with rap music and brains 😂
Give ‚em some Bach Fugues or Beethoven piano sonatas. It‘ll fix what ails them
View attachment 568991

What we ought to do is go down to Tuscaloosa, hack into their sound system and pipe in "The Best of Brenda Lee" to their practice. I mean, really get into their heads down there. Nick would probably love it, but he would have a mutiny on his hands. The ONLY reason I know about her is my parents abused me by dragging me to her concert when I was six or seven years old. I never forgave them.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back