Vols fans made quite the impression in Eugene

It'll be nice when we can just kick some ass on the football field and ask for niceties later.

Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for the class post. I never would have believed that I could actually have a good time attending a game with such a terrible outcome for the Vols. But the Oregon fans (and, of course, the Tennessee fans) and the overall gameday atmosphere made it an experience I will always remember fondly.

I actually had a lady Duck fan apologize to me when another Oregon fan made what I thought was a pretty tame remark. I told her that, while I appreciated it, an apology wasn't necessary and that a few good-natured barbs back and forth were only to be expected. But she said that her experience in Knoxville when the Ducks visited in 2010 would not allow her to tolerate any disrespect to Vol fans in Eugene.

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks for the class post. I never would have believed that I could actually have a good time attending a game with such a terrible outcome for the Vols. But the Oregon fans (and, of course, the Tennessee fans) and the overall gameday atmosphere made it an experience I will always remember fondly.

I actually had a lady Duck fan apologize to me when another Oregon fan made what I thought was a pretty tame remark. I told her
that, while I appreciated it, an apology wasn't necessary and that a few good-natured barbs back and forth were only to be expected. But she said that her experience in Knoxville when the Ducks visited in 2010 would not allow her to tolerate any disrespect to Vol fans in Eugene.

Was she hot?

Being that I am a happily married man of 25 years, I'm quite certain that I would not have noticed. But she did seem like a really nice person.

Eugene and Knoxville are near mountains and mountain people are the coolest on earth.

If bamer has to make it again this year I hope to god its the ducks who punish them

Reactions: 4 people
With a few minutes left in the game, one Vol fan I was sitting near stood up and turned around and loudly thanked all of the Duck fans nearby for being "the nicest fans" he had ever been around for a road game. A Duck fan sitting behind me responded with a sarcastic taunt about the SEC, to which the Vol said, "Don't worry, we'll have Bama waiting for you at the end of the season." I cringed and resisted the urge to throw something at my fellow Vol fan.

My good nature only goes so far.

Thanks for the great hospitality, and I hope that the day comes where the Vols come back up to where we belong, and things get testy, and everyone gets a little less polite. :)

My son and I are still out here. Went up the coast from Florence to Newport. It was breathtaking. You have a beautiful state.

Reactions: 2 people
Eugene and Knoxville are near mountains and mountain people are the coolest on earth.

If bamer has to make it again this year I hope to god its the ducks who punish them

There is truth to that statement. My running joke with persons from Montana is to inform them that, because of the solitude and extraordinary natural beauty which surrounds them, I automatically regard them as closer to God than the average person.

Yeah Oregon fans were Nice. I had two different Oregon fans buy me beers while chatting in their field house. I was goin in thinking I'd be talkin to other vol fans but I ended up meeting some alright oregonians.

Everyone at my tailgate was incredibly impressed with Tennessee fans pre-game and post-game in Eugene. And, we were blown away how many Vols fans made the trip — especially considering you guys were heavy underdogs. It was really impressive. You guys represented better than most PAC-12 teams do... not even kidding.

The general consensus is Vols fans were some of the most friendly, passionate, and charming fans we've ever had out here.

Sorry the actual football game didn't go as well as you guys had probably hoped, but it won't be long before you guys are back near the top again. Hopefully a few years down the road we can have another home-and-home!

Very classy post. I hope you guys win them all and get to beat the crap out of Alabama.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Rucker tweeted about the bromance that he witnessed between the two fan bases.

Nice post, Duck. You have a special team. Enjoy it.

Everyone at my tailgate was incredibly impressed with Tennessee fans pre-game and post-game in Eugene. And, we were blown away how many Vols fans made the trip — especially considering you guys were heavy underdogs. It was really impressive. You guys represented better than most PAC-12 teams do... not even kidding.

The general consensus is Vols fans were some of the most friendly, passionate, and charming fans we've ever had out here.

Sorry the actual football game didn't go as well as you guys had probably hoped, but it won't be long before you guys are back near the top again. Hopefully a few years down the road we can have another home-and-home!

Thanks SurfDuck,

Maybe next time we'll be better and give your unbelievable team some competition. :twocents: Later.
GO VOLS!

I'll never understand pulling against the conference in a postseason game.

Are you kidding me? I would pull for Al-queda U against Bama.

Seriously, I would looove to see those 2 play. But, I due don't want to see them win another SEC title getting there, or go undefeated, or get any glory.

Because Alabama is our archrival and we are sick and tired of seeing crystal footballs bestowed on the state of Alabama as though they were the soup du jour.

VN Store

Back