Vols one of the Kings of the BCS...barely

And for the national picture, if you go back far enough you can put in Lehigh and Army, too.

al-gore-is-manbearpig.jpg

:lolabove::post-4-1090547912:

I understand clearly what the article potrays. When you think of a national powerhouse from a media perspective of winning tradition and notoriety, not just winning recently like say a Louisville. We are die hard Vol fans and we assume that everyone in the country can identify a UT logo or that saying "Tennessee" symbolizes football tradition. The nation knows who Notre Dame is. We know about the Bamas, Nebraskas, Michigans, and so on. People around the nation know UT by the checkerboard end zone. But in those rural towns that only get the see the big dogs on TV, we just may be irrelevant. Another SEC championship and BCS bowl could change that.

I understand clearly what the article potrays. When you think of a national powerhouse from a media perspective of winning tradition and notoriety, not just winning recently like say a Louisville. We are die hard Vol fans and we assume that everyone in the country can identify a UT logo or that saying "Tennessee" symbolizes football tradition. The nation knows who Notre Dame is. We know about the Bamas, Nebraskas, Michigans, and so on. People around the nation know UT by the checkerboard end zone. But in those rural towns that only get the see the big dogs on TV, we just may be irrelevant. Another SEC championship and BCS bowl could change that.
Why don't you check out Tennessee's past and present roster. Clausen, Ainge, Simon, Burnett et al not to mention players from other states than California are predominant. How in the hell did all those guys hear about little 'ol Tennessee?

Why don't you check out Tennessee's past and present roster. Clausen, Ainge, Simon, Burnett et al not to mention players from other states than California are predominant. How in the hell did all those guys hear about little 'ol Tennessee?
I was wondering where these "rural towns" that obviously don't have CBS are located.

Well, I lived in Radcliff, KY at one time. I saw absolutely no UT games at all. I see my fair share out here in Las Vegas because I have ESPN Gameplan. I guess you have a point about those players we got from Cali, but they all have football knowledge. I'm talking about people who don't necessarily associate well with football. Example: My grandma knows nothing about college basketball, but she knows Duke is a college basketball team meaning a college basketball powerhouse. UT is a powerhouse to you and me, but what about those idiots who don't really pay attention until bowl season?

VN Store

Back