Vols pick up H-back/LB for this season

“The 6-foot-3, 240-pound James said he was forced to delay his college decision until just a few weeks before his planned enrollment at Tennessee after he suffered an injury in September. He described the injury as a "strain of a nerve in my deltoid" muscle.”

Strained nerve in his shoulder.

“James said the first-year coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff has told him that he will play "either" fullback/H-back or linebacker for the Vols”

Kid would be perfect at FB after a season of the Fitz treatment. He’s already a bulldozer of a guy right out of high school....

Attachments

• 2D2E4793-EF24-4855-924E-EA357E4B552F.jpeg
    2D2E4793-EF24-4855-924E-EA357E4B552F.jpeg
    98.7 KB · Views: 34
“The 6-foot-3, 240-pound James said he was forced to delay his college decision until just a few weeks before his planned enrollment at Tennessee after he suffered an injury in September. He described the injury as a "strain of a nerve in my deltoid" muscle.”

Strained nerve in his shoulder.

“James said the first-year coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff has told him that he will play "either" fullback/H-back or linebacker for the Vols”

Kid would be perfect at FB after a season of the Fitz treatment. He’s already a bulldozer of a guy right out of high school....

Bring the belt From Chestatee!

😂😂😂

Dude has fullback all over him!

👍👍👍

Not sure we've ever had a 3 star walk-on before. Decent offer list also.
That’s whats weird to me.. maybe he’s not a take at the U. Glad to have him but it’s like walk-on vs. degree from Rice..yea I’m getting that degree all day..

OK now THIS is a “diamond in the rough” I can get behind! Impressive film, has the measurables, and at least a respectable offer list. He already looks the part of an SEC caliber athlete. I know everyone thinks he’s the next fullback but I don’t know man, the guy hits like a truck on defense! He hits like that kid Jeff Luc who went to Florida State a few years ago.

Reactions: OneVolNation
Very impressive at LB on tape. I wonder if that injury will take him away from that side of the ball?

Football instincts are off the charts, would be interesting to see him lined up at fullback in a year in front of banks & Ty

Very impressive at LB on tape. I wonder if that injury will take him away from that side of the ball?

Football instincts are off the charts, would be interesting to see him lined up at fullback in a year in front of banks & Ty
Kid will surely neutralize at least one defender.

Reactions: vols1707
Chip's level of excitement seemed about right for this "boom." :)

I’m friends with a guy who went to Baylor with Chip and he says what you see on HGTV is exactly who Chip is, all the time. There’s no hamming it up for the cameras, that’s just who he is.

Hes a thumper
Isn’t Thumper the rabbit in Disney movies? I just can’t get the picture of a head hunting, Captain Crunch, season ender linebacker referred to as Thumper. Just kidding...kinda. Welcome to Rocky Top. Play vicious, mean, nasty but, smart.

Reactions: Volanta

VN Store

Back