Vols Roster/Lineup 2025

The pitching staff is going to be very good this year. There will be pitchers who could be a weekend guy on other teams that will never see the field. Relievers that would have key roles on other teams that will never get a chance at Tennessee. The only downside is experience. Counting on Freshman is going to be tough. Yes they are good pitchers with a high ceiling, but if we are counting on them to carry Tennessee it might be tough. Looking forward to see how it plays out. the JC arms are good, but the hitters in JC are not near as good as D1 hitters. The JC and Freshman arms might come here and get destroyed. Or they could do awesome only time will tell. I think Experience will help more then throwing over 95 as a freshman.

Pebbles needs to hit a lot better. If he doesn’t he may get recruited over. Lot of young talent at the position.

Peebles was reportedly the best hitter in fall practice and it was strange he tanked early on.

I think he can clearly get the job done. I suspect he simply put too much pressure on himself as the "newbie". Perhaps he came here believing the hype about LNS being a cracker box and just tried to hit every pitch over the wall?

The pitching staff is going to be very good this year. There will be pitchers who could be a weekend guy on other teams that will never see the field. Relievers that would have key roles on other teams that will never get a chance at Tennessee. The only downside is experience. Counting on Freshman is going to be tough. Yes they are good pitchers with a high ceiling, but if we are counting on them to carry Tennessee it might be tough. Looking forward to see how it plays out. the JC arms are good, but the hitters in JC are not near as good as D1 hitters. The JC and Freshman arms might come here and get destroyed. Or they could do awesome only time will tell. I think Experience will help more then throwing over 95 as a freshman.

I agree.

Frank may be so excited about the embarrassment of riches he may have in 2025.

2024 was the best coaching job that he and CVT did with this staff. They hit all the right switches and turned all the right knobs and won a CWS with the weakest pitching staff they've had since 2019. They were not bad, just not nearly as talented as they were in recent seasons.

2022 was freakish, losing 2 great arms and having true freshmen Chase and Drew step up big time. But in 2024 the pitching got better week-after-week-after week. 2022 was not like that as I thought the freshmen hit the wall late that season.

UT will have a mix of guys. Lefty and righty. Velo and pitching. Starters and Closers. If the guys take to, and accept their roles in 2025; like they did in 2024 then the staff should be even more special.

My mostly uneducated attempt at ranking our top 10 pitchers next year:

1. Doyle (L)(Starter)
2. Snead (R)(Starter)
3. Russell (R)
4. Arvidson (L)(Starter)
5. Tanner Franklin (R)
6. Kuhns (R)
7. Loy (L)
8. Phillips (R)
9. Behnke (L)
10. Hayse

Assuming the rumors of Seibert are true, doubt he contributes this year.

Who is too low/too high? who needs to be on the list?

Last edited:

1. Doyle (L)(Starter)
2. Snead (R)(Starter)
3. Russell (R)
4. Arvidson (L)(Starter)
5. Tanner Franklin (R)
6. Kuhns (R)
7. Loy (L)
8. Phillips (R)
10. Behnke (L)

First world issues. Man I have confidence in the staff for next year!

Edit: Next two years actually…

1. Doyle (L)(Starter)
2. Snead (R)(Starter)
3. Russell (R)
4. Arvidson (L)(Starter)
5. Tanner Franklin (R)
6. Kuhns (R)
7. Loy (L)
8. Phillips (R)
10. Behnke (L)

I think Kuhns would be higher. I rate Russell lower not sure he recovers. I see one of the other freshman landing higher than Behnke either Krenzel, Strickland, or Hayse.

BTW you left #9 blank.

1. Doyle (L)(Starter)
2. Snead (R)(Starter)
3. Russell (R)
4. Arvidson (L)(Starter)
5. Tanner Franklin (R)
6. Kuhns (R)
7. Loy (L)
8. Phillips (R)
9. Behnke (L)
10. Hayse

If you look at Sneads stats, he’s always been in the bullpen. I think Crabtree is your third stater.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

1. Doyle (L)(Starter)
2. Snead (R)(Starter)
3. Russell (R)
4. Arvidson (L)(Starter)
5. Tanner Franklin (R)
6. Kuhns (R)
7. Loy (L)
8. Phillips (R)
9. Behnke (L)
10. Hayse

I would slide Russell down. With surgery, I don’t see him throwing more than 1 inning per appearance for the first half of the season.

Peebles was reportedly the best hitter in fall practice and it was strange he tanked early on.

I think he can clearly get the job done. I suspect he simply put too much pressure on himself as the "newbie". Perhaps he came here believing the hype about LNS being a cracker box and just tried to hit every pitch over the wall?
He didn’t seem like he had a plan at the plate and he was late on almost anything hard. Maybe moving up to play against better competition takes a little bit of time. I agree with you that he was trying to hard also

Alright, we have an idea of who’s coming to campus now. I’m scratching Southisene, Snyder, Ramirez, Wagner, and Rataczak, as all are expected to sign.

Below is a projected depth chart (obviously, this is inexact as guys will compete for every spot). I lumped a bunch of pitchers in as starters and bullpen…I realize we won’t have that many starting pitchers, but those are the main contenders. Some others under bullpen may compete and some of those I have under starters will end up as bullpen guys. This is just a generalized guess.

Right now, I have the roster size at 53. Obviously it will need to be trimmed. I don’t know if the limit will remain at 40 this year or go back to 35.

Lineup

C: Cannon Peebles/Stone Lawless/Levi Clark(HS)/Brooks Wright(HS)
1B: Blake Grimmer/Dalton Bargo/Jackson Jones(HS)
2B: Gavin Kilen(TR)/Hunter High/Arnold Abernathy(HS)
SS: Ariel Antigua/Manny Marin(HS)/Robinson Martin(HS)/Dane Morrow(HS)
3B: Dean Curley/Chris Newstrom(HS)/Alex Perry
LF: Andrew Fischer(TR)/Cole Eaton/Beau Revord(HS)
CF: Hunter Ensley/Colby Backus/Jaxon Walker(HS)
RF: Reese Chapman/Brayden Sharp/Brannon Seigler(HS)
DH: Dalton Bargo

Starters

Tegan Kuhns-RHP(HS)
Liam Doyle-LHP(TR)
Brandon Arvidson-LHP(JC)
Aidan Hayse-RHP(HS)
Brayden Krenzel-RHP(HS)
Tate Strickland-RHP(HS)
AJ Russell-RHP

Bullpen

Nate Snead-RHP
Marcus Phillips-RHP
Dylan Loy-LHP
Andrew Behnke-LHP
JJ Garcia-RHP
Tanner Wiggins-RHP(TR)
Thomas Crabtree-RHP(JC)
Austin Hunley-RHP
Luke Payne-LHP
Brady Robertson-RHP
Michael Sharman-LHP(JC)
Austin Breedlove-RHP(JC)
Tanner Franklin-RHP(JC)
Ryler Smart-LHP(HS)
Anson Seibert-RHP(HS)-injured
Andrew DuMont-RHP(HS)
Nic Abraham-RHP(HS)
Stratton Scott-RHP(HS)
Ryan Combs-RHP(JC)

Roster: 52

How many of these players might be redshirted next season?

VN Store

Back