Vols Roster/Lineup 2025

I think Peebles having a season with Stark and Frank gives him a huge edge to be the number 1 catcher , he has a really good arm and was pretty solid in the games he caught , catcher is one position Tony will take experience and leadership over offense
Peebles is struggling in the Cape Cod League, at least so far. I do believe he will turn things around by the time we reach the 2025 season. He’s just too good a hitter to not produce at a high level.

Seibert: 50/50, imo
Strickland, Kuhns, Krenzel, Smart and Hayse will all play next year, imo

Levi Clark, Abernathy, Marin, and Jaxon Walker all have a shot at playing/starting next year, with Clark and Walker having the best chances to start because of position.

The rest will probably RS

Peebles is struggling in the Cape Cod League, at least so far. I do believe he will turn things around by the time we reach the 2025 season. He’s just too good a hitter to not produce at a high level.
Peebles seems to be a patient hitter that walked quiet a bit but that being said he gets himself into a lot of 2 strike counts and his percentage of squaring balls and barreling balls up was pretty low to me as he made a lot of weak contact outs , I just wonder if he worked overtime on his defense and by that his offense struggled , he seems to be a good teammate and easy to root for , I hope he has a big 2025

I miss the 2024 team already. It’s hard to wrap my head around the fact that we won’t ever see these loyal VFLs (in no particular order) playing for the BaseVols again:
Burke
CMO
Dreiling
Tears
Stark
Kirby
Zander
Combs
Payne
Taylor
Amick
Causey

Seibert: 50/50, imo
Strickland, Kuhns, Krenzel, Smart and Hayse will all play next year, imo

Levi Clark, Abernathy, Marin, and Jaxon Walker all have a shot at playing/starting next year, with Clark and Walker having the best chances to start because of position.

The rest will probably RS
Smart I believe has a UCL injury and will not play this Spring.

Who is this years Dean Curley? Big physical frosh ready to grow and do damage? Team ‘Merica type?

I'll counter the last question with who's the guy that has been in rotation last year or two, who makes a leap this year??

- Reese Chapman stay at DH?, Or where on Defense? He was coming on late in year.

- Does Dalton Bargo make a jump 2nd year in our program. 1B maybe?

- Colby Backus land a spot in OF?? If I remember correctly he has a cannon, maybe Tears old spot.

Alright, we have an idea of who’s coming to campus now. I’m scratching Southisene, Snyder, Ramirez, Wagner, and Rataczak, as all are expected to sign.

Below is a projected depth chart (obviously, this is inexact as guys will compete for every spot). I lumped a bunch of pitchers in as starters and bullpen…I realize we won’t have that many starting pitchers, but those are the main contenders. Some others under bullpen may compete and some of those I have under starters will end up as bullpen guys. This is just a generalized guess.

Right now, I have the roster size at 53. Obviously it will need to be trimmed. I don’t know if the limit will remain at 40 this year or go back to 35.

Lineup

C: Cannon Peebles/Stone Lawless/Levi Clark(HS)/Brooks Wright(HS)
1B: Blake Grimmer/Dalton Bargo/Jackson Jones(HS)
2B: Gavin Kilen(TR)/Hunter High/Arnold Abernathy(HS)
SS: Ariel Antigua/Manny Marin(HS)/Robinson Martin(HS)/Dane Morrow(HS)
3B: Dean Curley/Chris Newstrom(HS)/Alex Perry
LF: Andrew Fischer(TR)/Cole Eaton/Beau Revord(HS)
CF: Hunter Ensley/Colby Backus/Jaxon Walker(HS)
RF: Reese Chapman/Brayden Sharp/Brannon Seigler(HS)
DH: Dalton Bargo

Starters

Tegan Kuhns-RHP(HS)
Liam Doyle-LHP(TR)
Brandon Arvidson-LHP(JC)
Aidan Hayse-RHP(HS)
Brayden Krenzel-RHP(HS)
Tate Strickland-RHP(HS)
AJ Russell-RHP

Bullpen

Nate Snead-RHP
Marcus Phillips-RHP
Dylan Loy-LHP
Andrew Behnke-LHP
JJ Garcia-RHP
Tanner Wiggins-RHP(TR)
Thomas Crabtree-RHP(JC)
Austin Hunley-RHP
Luke Payne-LHP
Brady Robertson-RHP
Michael Sharman-LHP(JC)
Austin Breedlove-RHP(JC)
Tanner Franklin-RHP(JC)
Ryler Smart-LHP(HS)
Anson Seibert-RHP(HS)-injured
Andrew DuMont-RHP(HS)
Nic Abraham-RHP(HS)
Stratton Scott-RHP(HS)
Ryan Combs-RHP(JC)

Roster: 52
Saw your list. Didn't see some names I thought RS last year. Any info on:
Bryson Thacker, Hunter Sloop, Dane Bjorn, Holden Brauner, Jeremy Comer, Brayden May and Ashton Sulack?

Some guys may have went JC or transferred and we didn't hear about it. I guess if they were considered walkons they don't have to go through the tranfer portal either, so it is easy to lose track of them.

Saw your list. Didn't see some names I thought RS last year. Any info on:
Bryson Thacker, Hunter Sloop, Dane Bjorn, Holden Brauner, Jeremy Comer, Brayden May and Ashton Sulack?

Some guys may have went JC or transferred and we didn't hear about it. I guess if they were considered walkons they don't have to go through the tranfer portal either, so it is easy to lose track of them.
A recent podcast made it sound like TV was very high on Alex Perry. Due to injuries, he didn’t see too much action. Could Perry play SS?

VN Store

Back