Vols should still be a one seed.

Despite losing in the first round of the SEC tourney, the team is still deserving of a one seed. They won the toughest conference in basketball this year and had to win 3/4 against top 25 teams to win the league.
Also, what is crazy to me is how everyone overreacts to the sec tourney. You can’t say on one hand that you are okay with them losing to get more rest then act like the sky is falling when they lose in a conference tourney that doesn’t matter.

Perhaps we’re deserving, but it ain’t happening
Compared to the cfp committee, I would say we def have a higher chance because the criteria is more defined in college basketball. Neither Arizona or North Carolina won their conference tourney so we still have a shot.

Also, what is crazy to me is how everyone overreacts to the sec tourney. You can’t say on one hand that you are okay with them losing to get more rest then act like the sky is falling when they lose in a conference tourney that doesn’t matter.
It’s not the loss itself that’s an issue, it’s how they lost, and that goes for UK game. The offense has been putrid, defensive lapses and looks of disinterest in being out there period.

It’s not the loss itself that’s an issue, it’s how they lost, and that goes for UK game. The offense has been putrid, defensive lapses and looks of disinterest in being out there period.
For some people it absolutely is the loss. They keep bringing up regular season Rick after the tourney loss. But when we won the conference tourney a few years ago they said it didn’t matter. Only the big tournaments matter. You can’t have it both ways.

Compared to the cfp committee, I would say we def have a higher chance because the criteria is more defined in college basketball. Neither Arizona or North Carolina won their conference tourney so we still have a shot.

We don’t have a shot. NC picked up a Q1 win its conference tournament and made it to the championship game. We lost our only game in humiliating fashion. The dice have been cast. We will be a two seed. Just a matter of which region.

God, how much more I'd rather be kicked out of the sweet sixteen as a number one seed versus a number two😭😭. Who gives a crap--you dance and the winner is the champ!!

I think that much of the obsession is that the higher the seed, the (theoretically) lesser the opponents will be. Also, TN has never had a #1 seed and getting the first one legitimizes the program even more.

Reactions: 08Vol
There is no way Tennessee gets a 1 seed. None. Zero. Tennessee losing to Kentucky started to close the door, and the Mississippi State loss slammed it shut. The four 1 seeds are UConn, Purdue, Houston, and UNC. You can take it to the bank.

Even had UNC lost before the finals, they were already ahead of Tennessee. The sudden change in media articles praising UNC last week showed the committee's hand early. The only thing Vol fans should worry about now is which #1 seed they're going to be paired against, and how they intend to get there to play them.

There is no way Tennessee gets a 1 seed. None. Zero. Tennessee losing to Kentucky started to close the door, and the Mississippi State loss slammed it shut. The four 1 seeds are UConn, Purdue, Houston, and UNC. You can take it to the bank.

Even had UNC lost before the finals, they were already ahead of Tennessee. The sudden change in media articles praising UNC last week showed the committee's hand early. The only thing Vol fans should worry about now is which #1 seed they're going to be paired against, and how they intend to get there to play them.

I think that TN fans need to worry about which 7/10 they’re looking at well before a regional final versus a #1 seed. And which 3/6/11/14 or however the math works on an EE showdown. I’ll give a pass on the first round #15. The bottom of the brackets are filling up with bad teams.

I think that TN fans need to worry about which 7/10 they’re looking at well before a regional final versus a #1 seed. And which 3/6/11/14 or however the math works on an EE showdown. I’ll give a pass on the first round #15. The bottom of the brackets are filling up with bad teams.

Of course they should think about the other games. That's what I meant by "how they intend to get there to play them." I'm not going to pretend Tennessee is ever safe from upset. Just saying - if the chalk somehow held - then the best we can do now is the hope for the right draw and the right region / big fish to play.

Of course they should think about the other games. That's what I meant by "how they intend to get there to play them." I'm not going to pretend Tennessee is ever safe from upset. Just saying - if the chalk somehow held - then the best we can do now is the hope for the right draw and the right region / big fish to play.

I’d reckon they’ll take an airplane.

Great effort selling your perspective, but don’t be shocked if Iowa St snags that last top line spot.

Despite losing in the first round of the SEC tourney, the team is still deserving of a one seed. They won the toughest conference in basketball this year and had to win 3/4 against top 25 teams to win the league.
I would agree if we hadn’t been obliterated two days ago. A close loss wouldn’t have been damaging, all things considered, but we were annihilated, so not only did our metrics suffer, we also failed the eye test. Miserably.

Great effort selling your perspective, but don’t be shocked if Iowa St snags that last top line spot.

It's certainly a possibility, but there was an interview with the committee last week where they said that the #1 line had more or less been decided before tournament weekend. Maybe that means they were going with Iowa State, or perhaps they meant they had decided how they would seed based on outcomes, and had nothing left to discuss. I suppose any of those things are possible.

I admit I am a bit biased after 2022, when winning the SEC Tournament did absolutely nothing to improve Tennessee's seeding. I suppose if I saw Iowa State get a bump to the 1 line for winning their tournament this year, I would get ... a little ... bit salty ... about it ... so I'm probably predisposed to think "you better not reward them."

That in fact would be a huge shock. Iowa St hasn’t even been in discussion and one game will not suddenly jump them to a 1 seed.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I would agree if we hadn’t been obliterated two days ago. A close loss wouldn’t have been damaging, all things considered, but we were annihilated, so not only did our metrics suffer, we also failed the eye test. Miserably.
Your Honor, I would like to submit a series of quotes from the defendant beginning on March 3.

“Not a doubt in my mind we’ll be the #1 seed in the West.”

“We are a solid 1 seed, but we aren’t anywhere close to the “overall 1 seed” consideration when compared to the other three teams.”

“The SEC is the 2nd highest rated conference behind the Big 12. I’m confident as the regular season champion, we will be a #1 seed.”

“Let’s Wager”

“Bet still stands if you want some.”

“We’ll still get the #1 seed.”

“We’re getting the #1 seed”

“I’m logging off b/c too many of you are talking out of your a$$es. I still believe we will be a #1 seed on Selection Sunday. That is all.”

Reactions: livefaith
Reactions: Namorto1
Your Honor, I would like to submit a series of quotes from the defendant beginning on March 3.

“We are a solid 1 seed, but we aren’t anywhere close to the “overall 1 seed” consideration when compared to the other three teams.”

“The SEC is the 2nd highest rated conference behind the Big 12. I’m confident as the regular season champion, we will be a #1 seed.”

“Let’s Wager”

“Bet still stands if you want some.”

“We’ll still get the #1 seed.”

“We’re getting the #1 seed”

“I’m logging off b/c too many of you are talking out of your a$$es. I still believe we will be a #1 seed on Selection Sunday. That is all.”

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back