Vols vs Mo common opponents

D-Vols

This year we have five common opponents, the Gumps, chokelahoma, the pigs, candy and pississippi State. Our score on both sides of the game versus their score should show which team is the best Without a head to head contest. I feel we will take care of business and go into the Georgia game undefeated and I just don’t know if Missouri can stand up to the task of winning out.
I feel we have a great chance to beat Georgia and win out ourselves, taking that SEC championship and our place in a playoff birth
In years past, I thought of our team as young men playing against full grown men. I now see our guys as FULL GROWN MEN, Playing for an outstanding group of coach’s That can take them to the victories we deserve.
And before you start talking about getting overexcited, Hell, I’m 66 years old. I’ve seen a lot of VOLUNTEER football and I do believe I am seeing the best of my lifetime.

GBO

I could see us beating UGA, but I have a hard time seeing us do so in Athens.

We tend to play them better in Athens than we do at home. I think their adorable little stadium just doesn't scare us.

Now that being said, I just don't think Heup's offense works against Georgia's defense. I don't know how or why exactly, and I'm sure it's got a ton to do with their talent on their defense, but it just doesn't feel like it clicks against them. Teams with worse offenses seem to be able to move the ball on them better than we do.

We tend to play them better in Athens than we do at home. I think their adorable little stadium just doesn't scare us.

Now that being said, I just don't think Heup's offense works against Georgia's defense. I don't know how or why exactly, and I'm sure it's got a ton to do with their talent on their defense, but it just doesn't feel like it clicks against them. Teams with worse offenses seem to be able to move the ball on them better than we do.
It will take mistake free football by the QB to beat UGA. Milton never had a chance, but Hooker missed a couple of shots, that is all it takes against them. Miss a couple of chances and you are playing from behind the rest of the game. Nico using the TE's over the middle and down the seams is a good sign and is what will be needed to compete with UGA. That and the dominate D-line will give the Vols a shot against UGA and Bama.

It will take mistake free football by the QB to beat UGA. Milton never had a chance, but Hooker missed a couple of shots, that is all it takes against them. Miss a couple of chances and you are playing from behind the rest of the game. Nico using the TE's over the middle and down the seams is a good sign and is what will be needed to compete with UGA. That and the dominate D-line will give the Vols a shot against UGA and Bama.
More than that, we need to be able to run the ball to beat them. Being able to run sets up everything else we do and UGA thus far has been able to stop our run game without committing extra guys to do so and that's our offense's kryptonite. Last year we had that one long run to start with but very little after that. 2021 and 2022 we basically couldn't run at all.

Now that being said, I just don't think Heup's offense works against Georgia's defense. I don't know how or why exactly, and I'm sure it's got a ton to do with their talent on their defense, but it defense just doesn't feel like it clicks against them. Teams with worse offenses seem to be able to move the ball on them better than we do.
It has everything to do with their talent I believe but this year may be different. We’ve got a defense that just may be able to hold them down. If they can do that our offense is good enough to make them pay.

It has everything to do with their talent I believe but this year may be different. We’ve got a defense that just may be able to hold them down. If they can do that our offense is good enough to make them pay.
Kirby is as good of a defensive coach as Heupel is an offensive coach too. Alabama has had the same level of talent UGA has on defense and had less success against us. In 2022, UGA sacked us 3 times on variations of the same blitz in about 10 plays in the 3rd quarter. That was coaching. They found a wrinkle we couldn't handle.

I truly believe this team will go 11-1. Hard to predict anyone beating UGA but they can’t win them all forever.

UGA will lose at least 2 games this year, imo. They haven't been very impressive thus far. NC State might actually be a better team than Clemson. TX will most definitely beat them as long as Ewers is healthy.

I’m guessing we’re not considering our obligatory loss to Florida? 🤷🏽‍♂️. If we beat Florida, I’ll eat dog poop out of a red solo cup and not post video or anything. Just take my word for it.

eJ4qA9t.gif

Kirby is as good of a defensive coach as Heupel is an offensive coach too. Alabama has had the same level of talent UGA has on defense and had less success against us. In 2022, UGA sacked us 3 times on variations of the same blitz in about 10 plays in the 3rd quarter. That was coaching. They found a wrinkle we couldn't handle.
Can’t disagree with that

UGA will lose at least 2 games this year, imo. They haven't been very impressive thus far. NC State might actually be a better team than Clemson. TX will most definitely beat them as long as Ewers is healthy.
I hate to say it but there's no way UGA loses 2 games this year

UGA may lose 2 games if for no other reason than they are playing 3 current Top 5 teams on the road, plus us at home. I don't see where you say they haven't been very impressive though. They've dominated a small sample size, like all of the top teams, including us, have. They've won 34-3 and 48-3 and outgained both opponents 447 to 188 and 498 to 134. NC State could be better than Clemson, but honestly we don't know much about those two teams. Each took a beating from an SEC school, and NC State struggled with Western Carolina whereas Clemson beat App State soundly. Hard to know much from that sample size. Clemson does have the 5th most talented roster this year according to the 247 team talent composite, whereas NC State has the 40th. If NC State turns out to be better than Clemson, Dabo should definitely be fired.

UGA may lose 2 games if for no other reason than they are playing 3 current Top 5 teams on the road, plus us at home. I don't see where you say they haven't been very impressive though. They've dominated a small sample size, like all of the top teams, including us, have. They've won 34-3 and 48-3 and outgained both opponents 447 to 188 and 498 to 134. NC State could be better than Clemson, but honestly we don't know much about those two teams. Each took a beating from an SEC school, and NC State struggled with Western Carolina whereas Clemson beat App State soundly. Hard to know much from that sample size. Clemson does have the 5th most talented roster this year according to the 247 team talent composite, whereas NC State has the 40th. If NC State turns out to be better than Clemson, Dabo should definitely be fired.

Defensively they are still top notch. Offensively, they struggled through the first 2 quarters against Clemson before Clemson fell apart in the 2nd half. I guess we will find out in 3 weeks how good their offense is when they play Bama. I just don't come away super impressed with Beck.

Defensively they are still top notch. Offensively, they struggled through the first 2 quarters against Clemson before Clemson fell apart in the 2nd half. I guess we will find out in 3 weeks how good their offense is when they play Bama. I just don't come away super impressed with Beck.
They moved the ball consistently against Clemson they just had to settle for field goals in the first half. They just flat whipped Clemson's arse the second half though, it's not like Clemson turned the ball over in plus territory for UGA. Anyway, I don't disagree with you that they could lose 2 games, in fact I think it's probably more likely than not that they lose to Bama and Texas. However, at 10-2 they still get in, and could still win it. I also hear you about Beck, but their OL is so good that's the real problem, I don't think we touched him last year in our game against them.

Reactions: 08Vol
They moved the ball consistently against Clemson they just had to settle for field goals in the first half. They just flat whipped Clemson's arse the second half though, it's not like Clemson turned the ball over in plus territory for UGA. Anyway, I don't disagree with you that they could lose 2 games, in fact I think it's probably more likely than not that they lose to Bama and Texas. However, at 10-2 they still get in, and could still win it. I also hear you about Beck, but their OL is so good that's the real problem, I don't think we touched him last year in our game against them.
Eh, UGA punted 3 times in the first half vs Clemson. A better offensive team would have had UGA on the ropes. But Dabo has let his ego get the better of him, and now he doesn't have the horses to match up with the elite teams.

Reactions: igotworms
Of the 6 SEC teams in the top 7, Missouri plays 1 (who was in a 1 pt game with USF in the 4th). Insane how much of break they got on the schedule. No UGA, no TEX, no ole piss, no UT. They are the only team in the SEC that I feel should be eliminated from the playoffs if they have 2 losses.

VN Store

Back