Vols you played with or against growing up

I played against Jacques Smith in his Senior year at Ooltewah. Dude was a man beast compared to our entire team. Scary guy to see lined up on the field.

Played against: 1982-1985
1. Cedric Kline (LB late late 80's from Loudon)
2. Shazan Bradley (DL late 80's from McMinn County)

Played with: (Meigs County Tigers)
1. Robby Scott - mid 80's
2. Two others that quit

Picked on because he was younger and I played with his brother: (Meigs County Tigers)
1. Jeff Smith - late 80's who played in the NFL for KC Chiefs

I intercepted Jonathan Crompton on an out route. He was a senior and was the third ranked quarterback in the nation at the time (behind Ryan Periloux and Mark Sanchez). I did this in front of Phillip Fulmer and Trooper "the towel waver" Taylor.

Fulmer grimaced and trooper and Taylor started screaming, "WHOOOO!"

Anyways, it was a pass camp at UT and I was pretty satisfied with my feat, until he started throwing lots of interceptions while wearing orange. :(

Chris White, Dale Jones at Bradley Central.
Both were a year behind me.

Chris was a real player. Dale was more of an up and comer.
He didn't really blossom until he was in JC and caught Johnny Majors' attention. TMI I think.

Both good guys.

Played at M-town West couple years after little man. Played against Dustin Moore (TE) beast RB at Greenville Tn player of the year. Spencer Riley O-line Jeff county , Ryan Collins (TE ) we played Oakrige and I think that stud duck RB was Shawn Summers he was super- fast.

Played against Randy Moss. I know he wasn't a Vol, but I still had to throw that out there because he's the most badass thing I've ever came close to seeing. That team had Moss, Bobby Howard (ND, Chicago Bears), and Jason Williams who played pro basketball. The QB on that team was awesome too. Pretty sure he got shot and killed before graduating HS. Being that Moss could have played pro hoops their basketball team was sick.

Edit: I did play against the Summers kid, Shaun I think? I didn't know much about Oak Ridge football then, their great tradition, etc. I had just moved here. All I know is we whipped their arse. They will forever remember the 93' Morristown West Trojans.

What HS did you go to in WV?

When I was at Sevier Co we faced Teddy Gaines and Eric Locke. Locke played QB, kicked field goals, punted and returned punts. I think he had over 500 All-Purpose yds against us that night. Riverdale was stacked that year!!

I played with Teddy at Dobyns-Bennett. That was when y'all had Joey Matthews. I remember their seniors years we beat Sevier County in our regular season match up, then y'all beat us in the playoffs. I hated SC for a while after that. :)

He was 10 foot tall and bullet proof until the knee injury. Mr. Kingston.....

I loved Mays saw him play against Marion County one year.He was nasty always had to be pushed back to the huddle after the play.My kind of O lineman.

Played against Gerard Riggs Jr, Jason Hall, Corey Anderson, Demonte Bolden, and Nick Reveiz off the top of my head. These next guys aren't vols, but also played Daniel and Josh Bullocks and Adarius Bowman.

Paul, Don't forget mcclenden from Baylor.

Played against Reggie Cobb, Charles McRae, Randy Hall and JJ McClesky. We once held a scrimmage with Catholic when Preston Warren was there.

VN Store

Back