VP debate 2024

Paul Krugman has been consistently wrong about more economic takes than probably any “Nobel prize winner” in history .
I would actually Trust Basil Marceaux more than Krugman when it comes to the economy
I don't believe the government is paying rent on illegals. Also the "they are coming to get their $2,000/mo check is also false. Or JD exaggerated when he said there was 25 million illegals in America. That would equal 250 billion per month in illegal immigrant checks. All false to create hate. And I will catch hate, insults and bashes to my intelligence and masculinity along with doubts concerning my allegiance to my country.

I don't believe the government is paying rent on illegals. Also the "they are coming to get their $2,000/mo check is also false. Or JD exaggerated when he said there was 25 million illegals in America. That would equal 250 billion per month in illegal immigrant checks. All false to create hate. And I will catch hate, insults and bashes to my intelligence and masculinity along with doubts concerning my allegiance to my country.
You are assuming each individual in the 25 millions are receiving a check while I believe is is per household. Plus not every illegal is going to sign up for government programs as a lot of them want to stay off the radar because they fear those databases can be used to locate them if deportations begin. So I don’t know what the actual number is but it sure isn’t 250 billion

You are assuming each individual in the 25 millions are receiving a check while I believe is is per household. Plus not every illegal is going to sign up for government programs as a lot of them want to stay off the radar because they fear those databases can be used to locate them if deportations begin. So I don’t know what the actual number is but it sure isn’t 250 billion
I agree but if it was 5million receiving the $2,000, so many on this board claim democrats are giving , that comes to a mere 10 billion/ mo

I think the whole $2,000 +health,food,housing is bull hockey aimed to create hate for people jot lucky enough to be born in the USA

I agree but if it was 5million receiving the $2,000, so many on this board claim democrats are giving , that comes to a mere 10 billion/ mo

I think the whole $2,000 +health,food,housing is bull hockey aimed to create hate for people jot lucky enough to be born in the USA
It not “hate for people not lucky enough to be born in the USA. It is a desire that people who wish to come here simply obey the rules and get in line.
It isn’t anti Immigrant in the least.
How do you think you would feel if you were someone from Central America who spent years of effort getting their visas and work permits, came here legally, and maybe even got citizenship and you saw people simply walking in without invitations. And even more galling would be to see those people getting benefits and hand outs that you, as a citizen, aren’t even eligible for.
So quit falling for the lie that your fellow Americans are racist. We welcome anyone who respects our rules and procedures.
There is all the difference in the world between how you view someone who you invite into your house for dinner versus coming home and finding that someone has broken in and is sitting in your kitchen eating food out of your refrigerator.
Please tell me if this doesn’t make sense to you.

It not “hate for people not lucky enough to be born in the USA. It is a desire that people who wish to come here simply obey the rules and get in line.
How do you think you would feel if you were someone from Central America who spent years of effort getting their visas and work permits, came here legally, and maybe even got citizenship and you saw people simply walking in without invitations. And even more galling would be to see those people getting benefits and hand outs that you, as a citizen, aren’t even eligible for.
So quit falling for the lie that your fellow Americans are racist. We welcome anyone who respects our rules and procedures.
There is all the difference in the world between how you view someone who you invite into your house for dinner versus coming home and finding that someone has broken in and is sitting in your kitchen eating food out of your refrigerator.
Hey, man. I said I'd buy you more meatloaf.

Our immigration policy is a filter that blocks out law abiding citizens and pulls in those who are eager to break the law to get here.

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Maybe I should have said, to create hate of democrats.
I truly don't agree with c'mon in policies currently in place. My wife(absolutely perfect spouse) is filipina I spent thousands getting her here, payments to our government. I signed agreements that she would never be on public assistance of any kind, else I would be charged
. I had to prove financial ability to support her.
She and I had to answer countless question to prove we were law abiding. I think we should accept those who are needed to fill critical jobs,those escaping terrorists, or extreme poverty. I also believe they should pay the same fees I did. Maybe by payroll deduction.

Imagine me reppin' on the mean streets:

Rando: hey, yo, dough boy. Whatchoo got?
McDad: I'm slingin' used, vintage FFA jackets. How many you want, cuh?
Rando: *shoots McDad mutiple times*

Lmao. Great. Excellence.

I had to look up FFA as I didnt recall the acronym. Farmers, those jackets, and FFA are all awesome though. I thought at first it might be fire fighter related? Didnt have FFA in my neck of the hood unfortunately.

Reactions: McDad
Maybe I should have said, to create hate of democrats.
I truly don't agree with c'mon in policies currently in place. My wife(absolutely perfect spouse) is filipina I spent thousands getting her here, payments to our government. I signed agreements that she would never be on public assistance of any kind, else I would be charged
. I had to prove financial ability to support her.
She and I had to answer countless question to prove we were law abiding. I think we should accept those who are needed to fill critical jobs,those escaping terrorists, or extreme poverty. I also believe they should pay the same fees I did. Maybe by payroll deduction.

so much of the world still experiences extreme poverty - we can not take them all in.

we can try
Or even better, we can try to make sure the countries from which they flee become stable prosperous places that people aren’t so anxious to leave.
And unlike hyper expensive direct aid that is often stolen or wasted by the corrupt governments; the best thing would be an educational equivalent of the Peace Corps.
So many of the third world countries are heck holes because the people never expect or demand anything better (or even worse, fall prey to communist thugs like happened in once prosperous Venezuela)

CIS, which is far right, estimates between 12 and 13 million undocumented illegals live in the country now or about a 1 million increase from 2019 and slightly less than 2008.....

Or even better, we can try to make sure the countries from which they flee become stable prosperous places that people aren’t so anxious to leave.
And unlike hyper expensive direct aid that is often stolen or wasted by the corrupt governments; the best thing would be an educational equivalent of the Peace Corps.
So many of the third world countries are heck holes because the people never expect or demand anything better (or even worse, fall prey to communist thugs like happened in once prosperous Venezuela)
Absolutely

CIS, which is far right, estimates between 12 and 13 million undocumented illegals live in the country now or about a 1 million increase from 2019 and slightly less than 2008.....

From what i have read, this administrations own admitted staistics if extrapolated account for that many alone just in the last 4 years. Thats what they claim...which we know has been reduced greatly from the actual...and only reflects illegals that were caught and processed. Doesnt count any that made it without getting caught. Doesnt count any that came in during the 8 years of Obama, 4 years of Trump etc. I believe that number is ridiculously low and there are 30 to 40 million illegals in this country right now which are not citizens. Roughly 10% of the population. It is widely believed that at a minimum 10 million+ illegals have been caught and processed just in the Biden administration alone...from the Liberals perspective . Thats a very lowball estimate.

Honestly I am not sure how much the numbers of them here now even matter at this point. Theres 100x or 1000x as many as we could ever possibly deport. The focus needs to be immediately upon making sure only legal Americans can vote in this country, sealing up the border to stop incoming invaders, and preventing/removing ANY non-citizen from living off the public dole...mine and your hard earned taxes. Thats where the rubber meets the road. Its complete BS what the Leftists have done, anyone being honest knows its BS, most Democrats even want to seal the border. The focus needs to be on fixing all the damage done and stopping more from coming though...or we will soon be in a (more) bankrupt craphole country far worse than it is now.

Last edited:
From what i have read, this administrations own admitted staistics if extrapolated account for that many alone just in the last 4 years. Thats what they claim...which we know has been reduced greatly from the actual...and only reflects illegals that were caught and processed. Doesnt count any that made it without getting caught. Doesnt count any that came in during the 8 years of Obama, 4 years of Trump etc. I believe that number is ridiculously low and there are 30 to 40 million illegals in this country right now which are not citizens. Roughly 10% of the population. It is widely believed that at a minimum 10 million+ illegals have been caught and processed just in the Biden administration alone. Thats a very lowball estimate

What I hear from the Border Patrol and CBP personnel I interact with, the major difference between "old" encounters reported (Trump administration) and "new" encounters (Biden admin) is that the immigrants used to flee and try not to be caught under the old admin, and under the new admin, they want to be caught because they know they will be processed and allowed to stay.

The encounters CBP has reported out from 2021-present I believe are far more accurate than 2016-2020.

Reactions: USF grad in TN

VN Store

Back