We just dont have the players

What few players we do have just don't look remotely well coached. Not saying they're not being coached well....it just sure as hell ain't showing on game day.

The lack of talent on our roster is astounding. We do not have ONE upperclassman QB who is worthy of a football scholarship at any SEC school.

I don't want to hear about players

All I heard was fire Fulmer. " he's not coaching up players".

Well????

Yeah, since the talent levels are the same.

OP has the right of this. If you're taking ANY judgment on Jones from this game AT ALL (or this season, really) then you need to reevaluate your expectations.

The lack of talent on our roster is astounding. We do not have ONE upperclassman QB who is worthy of a football scholarship at any SEC school.

That being said, had Worley started the game we'd more than likely be winning at half. Peterman experiment now over. Feel for the kid.

NO WE DO NOT and that is painfully evident. I feel sorry Coach Jones because I think he is probably a good coach but we won't be able to tell until guys like Jacob Carter and Cody Blanc aren't on the field. I am not sure that we have a long term option at qb yet either.

So we're clear, the QB situation is 0% Jones' fault. It's not his fault that all four of them suck. He did the best he could with the limited time he was given.

Patience, people. That's not just a preseason thing. There are a few more years of suffering headed our way. But I trust Butch, despite how we look right now.

The announcers said that it is a good thing that these 2 teams are playing each other, the play has been so pitiful..:blink:

Yeah, since the talent levels are the same.

OP has the right of this. If you're taking ANY judgment on Jones from this game AT ALL (or this season, really) then you need to reevaluate your expectations.

No.

You need to re-evaluate what coaches get paid.

My expectations are simple. Improve across the field. Period.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously, the two situations aren't even a little bit comparable. Not fair at all.

Haha.CPF made less than jones. (1-mill)

Did a lot more with less.

That's not my argument. Fulmer was fired because not coaching up players. And yet here we are.

No.

You need to re-evaluate what coaches get paid.

My expectations are simple. Improve across the field. Period.

So at this point the defense has improved and the offense is up in the air.

I think with the offense you have to take into consideration it is a new system and we lost 3 key playmakers to the NFL.

I am neither defending Jones or slamming him at this point. If there is not offense improvement by the end of the season I will probably have doubts at that point.

I think with the offense you have to take into consideration it is a new system and we lost 3 key playmakers to the NFL.

Up in the air????

Really??

The best line I the country andour coach cant utilize that ?

I am neither defending Jones or slamming him at this point. If there is not offense improvement by the end of the season I will probably have doubts at that point.

This also.

Haha.CPF made less than jones. (1-mill)

Did a lot more with less.

That's not my argument. Fulmer was fired because not coaching up players. And yet here we are.

"Coaching up players" takes time. You aren't going to see improvement immediately.

VN Store

Back