We knew this was coming

I think the Oregon game pretty much showed how piss poor coached this team has been over the last 3-4 years. A total lay down by us and I've never been so embarrassed by our team ever. A lot of people on this board owe some apologies for yelling at people who said some players on this team aren't SEC material when we recruited them. CBJ and staff can develop talent and have proven that, but when a coach has more confidence in throwing a screen pass on a 3rd and 1 what's that tell you about our RBs and O-line? I had hope for CBJ to work some miracles and get us to 6 to 7 wins, but if we play like we did against Orgeon we will win 4 games this year.

Last edited:
Vol fans always wondered what it felt like to be a Kentucky football fan, now we know.

keep your head up.CBJ is the right man for the job.just like kirk herbstreit said on game day "better times are ahead with butch jones".just stop with all the doom and gloom bs.

Screw publications. I'm pissed about the 45 point loss. I get it... CBJ is new, we lack depth, blah blah blah. But that does not excuse the way we bent over the edge of the bed for Oregon.

They could have made an even bigger mockery of us on national TV by just continuing to play their game. What kind of loss would it take for you to be somewhat upset? I think 100-14 might have gotten more peoples attention...and that's not sarcasm, they easily could have done it.

Losing is one thing, but losing and calling safe plays...that's my gripe. We lose like an FCS team without taking ANY of the risks that those FCS teams will take to win the game.

. I get it... [/COLOR
One things for certain....YOU DONT GET IT....

It's not a terminal illness, just a bad case of Dysentery so we'll get over it in due time.

You're obviously not familiar with Oregon Trail Syndrome.

If we keep drinking from the shigella tainted well that is Justin Worley, Team 117 is in serious trouble.

Name me one fanbase of any major college program who would not be upset after witnessing their team look like ours did last Saturday.

Maybe you just ignored or dismissed the plethora of posts and threads stating were in for a beating. Maybe your the one with unrealistic expectations, bro.

Anybody that went to the open practice should have known that this was going to be a long season. Our lack of QB, mediocre RB's, and young WR's=struggling offense. Defensively, we're better this year, but we're to slow and it killed us against Oregon. It'll kill us again Georgia in a couple weeks as well. I expected 5-6 wins. Those who thought 8 had unrealistic expectations.

Reactions: 1 person
If the offense plays as bad as they did vs Oregon we'll lose by 30 or more again at Florida. The offense can't keep going three and out they have to make some first downs and put some points on the board.

regardless of what happens tomorrow i'm still backing cbj and his staff 110%.they were dealt a crappy hand.not only do they have to teach a team that has never won anything how to win.they have to convince recruits to come to tennessee to be part of a rebuilding project.thats a very tough job considering how cut throat sec recruiting is.right now cbj gets all A's for the job he has done.GO VOLS!!!!!!!!

I can't understand why so many people are questioning Butch and this team. Not one publication picked us to be good, most picked us not to make a bowl game. As fans its hard to sit and watch us lose but everyone knows we don't have the talent level as these top teams. Right now I trust Butch and his staff to get us back to where we are relevant, until then everyone grab a bottle of Jack and be patient

No person that understands the fundamental importance of oxygen to human life expected this team to be world beaters. Knowing this, it makes the fact that we keep trotting out a QB that can't complete 15 yard passes consistently yet consistently throws well behind receivers and runs a read option offense yet can't or won't keep the football the perfect storm for questions. If you're gonna be bad, why not be bad with possible answers instead of what you know is the wrong answer? Build for the future. The only issue I've had so far is not getting our other QBs quality snaps in garbage time. And if the freshmen aren't ready enough to do that against an AP team that Maryville High School would beat by 2 TDs, we're in more dire striaghts than anyone realizes.

Reactions: 4 people
CBJ & his staff are doing a great job. If you recall his first year at Cincy

please, please no references to CBJ's 1st year at cincy, the year that he took a 12-1 BCS bowl team that CBK built and went 4-8. makes me cringe when i realize that he now has a Doofus built team that was 5-7 last year.

Reactions: 3 people
Anybody that went to the open practice should have known that this was going to be a long season. Our lack of QB, mediocre RB's, and young WR's=struggling offense. Defensively, we're better this year, but we're to slow and it killed us against Oregon. It'll kill us again Georgia in a couple weeks as well. I expected 5-6 wins. Those who thought 8 had unrealistic expectations.

i agree with you.the writing was on the wall.anyone that couldn't see it is blind.:good!:

Maybe you just ignored or dismissed the plethora of posts and threads stating were in for a beating. Maybe your the one with unrealistic expectations, bro.

You didn't answer my query, so I'll restate it:

Name me one fanbase of any major college program who would not be upset after witnessing their team look like ours did last Saturday.

Reactions: 2 people
No person that understands the fundamental importance of oxygen to human life expected this team to be world beaters. Knowing this, it makes the fact that we keep trotting out a QB that can't complete 15 yard passes consistently yet consistently throws well behind receivers and runs a read option offense yet can't or won't keep the football the perfect storm for questions. If you're gonna be bad, why not be bad with possible answers instead of what you know is the wrong answer? Build for the future. The only issue I've had so far is not getting our other QBs quality snaps in garbage time. And if the freshmen aren't ready enough to do that against an AP team that Maryville High School would beat by 2 TDs, we're in more dire striaghts than anyone realizes.

Yea, well that, that pretty much sums it up IMO. Well said :salute:

Some of you make me laugh....we are 6 win team period....where was Bama before Saban took over? ***** Slap Jones will get it done....it takes time my friends...playing one of the toughest schedules in history isnt the best way to do it....look back in about 30 games..and you will be shocked of where we have been. Mark it down. 10+ every year starting in 2015. Spurrier will prob be close to gone at S.C., Richt will be gone at UG, Muschamp will destroy the program, franklyn will be gone, and kentucky...well they are Kentucky..no hope there. We are building stability and the other bid dogs are about to go through what we went through...Volnation is on the rise. NOW WHILE WE ARE IN THE TOILET......JUST FOCUS ON THE PRIZE KIDDOS :boobies:

The loss to Oregon was already on the radar but you still have to play the game. More losses may come but more wins are on the way. Again, Vols will wind up with 7 wins this year with the upset being against south carolina. Forget the last game, its over, now on to the next. Go Vols

please, please no references to CBJ's 1st year at cincy, the year that he took a 12-1 BCS bowl team that CBK built and went 4-8. makes me cringe when i realize that he now has a Doofus built team that was 5-7 last year.
he did go 4-8.but.he also won two conferece titles.and when kelly left they lost most of their good players to graduation.

Some of you make me laugh....we are 6 win team period....where was Bama before Saban took over? ***** Slap Jones will get it done....it takes time my friends...playing one of the toughest schedules in history isnt the best way to do it....look back in about 30 games..and you will be shocked of where we have been. Mark it down. 10+ every year starting in 2015. Spurrier will prob be close to gone at S.C., Richt will be gone at UG, Muschamp will destroy the program, franklyn will be gone, and kentucky...well they are Kentucky..no hope there. We are building stability and the other bid dogs are about to go through what we went through...Volnation is on the rise. NOW WHILE WE ARE IN THE TOILET......JUST FOCUS ON THE PRIZE KIDDOS :boobies:

Saying we'll win because of the misfortune of others isn't exactly flattering.

Saying we'll win because of the misfortune of others isn't exactly flattering.[/QUOTE

Thank god I hear sportscasters every week say how other teams are benefiting from our misfortune. What goes around comes around......If you can name a program that hasnt been through this in the past 20 years...please let me know:good!:

he did go 4-8.but.he also won two conferece titles.and when kelly left they lost most of their good players to graduation.

CBJ first year cincy vs first year UT, which team was at a bigger disadvantage:

a) cincy, with graduation losses and facing the Big Least

b) UT, with graduation losses plus Doofus recruited players, facing the SEC

Thank god I hear sportscasters every week say how other teams are benefiting from our misfortune. What goes around comes around......If you can name a program that hasnt been through this in the past 20 years...please let me know:good!:

Sorry. I'm not fluent in gibberish.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back