We need to get the lustre back

I'd say both teams are heartily contributing.

How do you figure? You guys are ranked in the Top 20, you actually controlled the Miami game, just shot yourself in the foot with turnovers. Coming off an 11 win season.

On the other hand, Tennessee..... well you know the story.

The reason this game isn't in the national spotlight is because its no longer a rivalry due to the state of our program. It's a foregone conclusion to just about everybody that UF wins this game easily.... like they typically do every year, even when Tennessee is a national power.

I can't believe how far this game has fallen in the list of early season "games to watch." Both teams need to ramp it up. Its disgusting when everyone seems to think that the East comes down to the Georgia-USCe game. That is just an abomination to God, imo.

Giddy up.

I enjoy your presence primarily because of your avi, gator. :boobies:

Sad thing is, this match up never was a "rivalry." Tennessee has only won 5 times in the last 20 years, it's pathetic. That's by no means a rivalry.

Totally agree man USCe has been the biggest beneficiary of UT down and Florida being partially down. In about two years the east will be the back in competition with the west and it will be Tennessee and Florida back at top.

The luster is obstructed by both teams ****ting the bed annually. Admittedly your explosive diarrhea has been less chronic.

When was the last time Florida did not enter the game ranked?

How do you figure? You guys are ranked in the Top 20, you actually controlled the Miami game, just shot yourself in the foot with turnovers. Coming off an 11 win season.

The reason this game isn't in the national spotlight is because its no longer a rivalry due to the state of our program. It's a foregone conclusion to just about everybody that UF wins this game easily.... like they typically do every year, even when Tennessee is a national power.

I get that its a question of winning, streaks, etc. And yes, UF is ranked. But we started off I believe 10th. And dropped because we looked so vanilla against Toldeo. then dropped further when our QB suffered repeated seizures and gave the game away at Miami five times.

I'm not saying Florida isn't the better team. I think we are. But in terms of attractiveness of the game, UF isn't doing much to make the team particularly watchable.

I went to the UF-Mizzouri game last year in Gainesville. It was like the players and the fans were all just sleep walking through it. It honestly feels that way right now for the entire program. Its a collective nap.

Reactions: 1 person
I get that its a question of winning, streaks, etc. And yes, UF is ranked. But we started off I believe 10th. And dropped because we looked so vanilla against Toldeo. then dropped further when our QB suffered repeated seizures and gave the game away at Miami five times.

I'm not saying Florida isn't the better team. I think we are. But in terms of attractiveness of the game, UF isn't doing much to make the team particularly watchable.

I went to the UF-Mizzouri game last year in Gainesville. It was like the players and the fans were all just sleep walking through it. It honestly feels that way right now for the entire program. Its a collective nap.

Nap for you, nightmare for us.

Nap for you, nightmare for us.

At least you are generating some emotion, some sense of urgency to get things moving again. Florida I just worry we are going to become the Nebraska of the east coast. Once mighty. Now not so much. But not bad enough to really do anything about it.

At least you are generating some emotion, some sense of urgency to get things moving again. Florida I just worry we are going to become the Nebraska of the east coast. Once mighty. Now not so much. But not bad enough to really do anything about it.

I see that being the case under Muschamp fueled in part by a rise by FL State and a never punished Miami.

This pretty much sums it up. Unfortunately .

I see that being the case under Muschamp fueled in part by a rise by FL State and a never punished Miami.

I'm not sold on FSU. Though they have shown flashes of a return to glory, they are stuck in that damned ACC. And don't tell me the ACC is suddenly a top three conference. I'm not buying that at all. A few successes early, sure, but let's see how this plays out. And let's see if, even if they have a good year, they keep it up.

Miami could be strong again, but what happened there in the 80's, with all of that talent being kept home and just an explosion of thuggery, isn't likely to happen again.

It is still the case that UM is a commuter school. You guys mock Florida all the time for its "recent tradition of success." Well, Miami had about 10 years of it, then faded right back to obscurity. There is no institution there. Their stadium is usually empty. Half the people that wear their fan gear don't even know where the campus is.

That's a tough hole to get out of for any sort of sustained success, imo.

I'm sure if UF beat Miami then gameday would be there, but when was the last time gameday has been to the same game in back to back years?

I'm sure if UF beat Miami then gameday would be there, but when was the last time gameday has been to the same game in back to back years?

Well, Miami was at Miami, this is at UF.

In any event, our game just barely on people's minds, and for most of them its "gosh, that used to be a big deal."

Vols need to do a better job of making it a rivalry again.. Namely win a game every now and then.. Sadly we just don't have enough to get it done right now..

Hey LG, I found something that will match your attire Saturday.

volgrad98-albums-ups-picture4843-lg_shoes.jpg

lol.:lolabove:

Agree good post. Sad that some of our posters have to show hate.

Its pretty rare. I find the posters here to be more knowledgeable and realistic than elsewhere. Sure, its a little woo hooish in late August and the first week or so of September, but once we settle in for the duration its a pleasant place to be.

I'm actually mulling buying a last minute ticket on stubhub....

VN Store

Back