Week 1 Overreactions : Vol opponents

My friend is a Gator fan and he was telling me that Florida would get 2 wins max this season. I told him that he could take his house to Vegas that they’d beat Tennessee. I believe it too. There’s death, taxes, and Florida beating Tennessee in football. If I’d known this a decade ago, I’d be retired, but this year, I’m putting a quarter mil down for Florida to win
Your never gonna get to retire thinking like this.

Reactions: RavinDave
I had expected better from them and maybe even an upset but that was pitiful. Napier may not make it half the season
Please let him survive until he coaches against us. As soon as they fire him the week before, the team will rally behind then you hire named Bill Belichick. 🙄

That game was like 38-17 with 3 minutes left, and they had a hail mary at the end to win. I do not know how or why we play so bad against them. It defies logic.
They sucked. We had our best team since Phillip Fulmer roamed the sidelines and Casey Clausen was the signal caller. Yeah we won by five points at home and nearly blew it anyway.
At least the early season game curse is finally broken. But if we lose to them this year, it's got to be something spiritual.

Hopefully we make the playoffs and our first opponent is Missouri so we can stand on business and end Drunkwits season.

Let’s look at it from the TN/ KY perspective. We always show up for Kentucky because we know what it looks like for TN when we don’t win that game. Florida always shows up for TN because they know how bleak their season looks with this game as a loss.

Until we can create a win streak against Florida and they focus on other avenues to stay relevant, this is going to be a “Super Bowl” game for TN. It doesn’t matter how much Florida is struggling. We can’t just come fired up and we can’t just play a mistake free game. It has to be our best effort for the entire week until they start counting this game as a loss at the beginning of the season.

In all honesty, we shouldn’t even trash talk their fans or players. Let’s win this game no matter what it takes and move on without the taunting and the excessive celebration. We blew them out in 2022 until Neyland (myself included) started chomping and chanting “it’s great to be a TN Vol”. The gators almost pulled off the comeback, starting with our fans’ cockiness in the 3rd quarter.
Not sure you can say we blew out Florida in 2002 while also saying they almost came back to beat us late in the game. Bad playing, and bad coaching allowed them to get back in the game, that we won by the clock running out on Fl. That year-2022 we had one of the best teams I can remember and Fl had the same dumb coach they have today, and had been struggling to win games up to playing us. I will say, where we meet them in the schedule has a lot to do with it, because they've had a few games to see us on film and a few practices to work out their bugs. But every year I have hopes we will beat them handily. I feel good about the game. But I also know by the time they see us Coach will be playing for his job if he's still there.

Reactions: adam.vol
Not sure you can say we blew out Florida in 2002 while also saying they almost came back to beat us late in the game. Bad playing, and bad coaching allowed them to get back in the game, that we won by the clock running out on Fl. That year-2022 we had one of the best teams I can remember and Fl had the same dumb coach they have today, and had been struggling to win games up to playing us. I will say, where we meet them in the schedule has a lot to do with it, because they've had a few games to see us on film and a few practices to work out their bugs. But every year I have hopes we will beat them handily. I feel good about the game. But I also know by the time they see us Coach will be playing for his job if he's still there.

It would have been better for me to say that we were on the way to a blowout and relaxed too soon. Being that it was Florida, a 3 possession lead felt like a landslide.

VN Store

Back