Western Kentucky

Okay you are starting to sound like Lou Holtz now! These guys couldn't make our 5 deep depth chart so please stop!

:eek:lol:

Tennesseeduke

WKU's RB Antonio Andrews and LB Andrew Jackson would start for us or be in the 2-deep, easily. But, those 2 are the best players for WKU, which is why our Vols will win by 17 or so.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm thinking we will see a little more of the same as this week. We will get ahead by quite a bit and start subbing. But not until late in the 3rd early 4th when we are ahead 38-17. With our 2nd string scoring another 3 and they will get a garbage td to mark the final score 41-24.

WKU's RB Antonio Andrews and LB Andrew Jackson would start for us or be in the 2-deep, easily. But, those 2 are the best players for WKU, which is why our Vols will win by 17 or so.

Reverse the situation. Put Lane and/or Neal on Western KY's squad running against the teams they play every week. They would be making national headlines.

Just to give some perspective on the skill level of their "amazing RB's"

And Troy University wants you to know they scored 3 more touchdowns against us last year than they did WKU. And Wyoming says lol at UT fans.

Think this had a lot more to do with lack of discipline and game week prep from our previous coaching staff. By all mean though, continue to pretend to be a Vols fan while you secretly want to cheer for Bama.

Reactions: 1 person
Think this had a lot more to do with lack of discipline and game week prep from our previous coaching staff. By all mean though, continue to pretend to be a Vols fan while you secretly want to cheer for Bama.

By all mean continue to make sex with your sister and pretend it's 1998.

Well that is idiotic. My point is simply that anyone who thinks this is a guaranteed win because "we are UT" is being naive at best. I certainly think we win this week, but if you don't think with the wrong attitude and a few bad breaks we couldn't get beat by WKU, then you are high. WKU is better than the Troy team that nearly beat us at home last year. If it makes you feel better to think this is an easy win with 4th stringers in before halftime, go ahead. I guess that make you a real fan huh?

Reverse the situation. Put Lane and/or Neal on Western KY's squad running against the teams they play every week. They would be making national headlines.

Just to give some perspective on the skill level of their "amazing RB's"

Neither Neal nor Lane have the speed, vision, and shiftiness of Andrews. Last year, He was 2nd all-time in all-purpose yards for a season behind only the great Barry Sanders, and only the 2nd EVER to eclipse 3,000 AP yards. If that is evidence of only weak opponents, then why haven't other RBs from lesser leagues also done such a feat regularly?

Somtimes, other teams from lesser conferences just might have a superior player to the Vols at one particular position. Just because some player starts for UT doesn't make them necessarily a better player than another who starts on a lesser team.

Neither Neal nor Lane have done anything to warrant being called amazing, and both of their careers thus far have been underwhelming and unimpressive given their hype coming in to the program. I hope that changes and they both run for over 1,000 this year and blow the competition off the field.

WKU has comparable/slightly-better talent at only 3 positions (when we include safety Jonathan Dowling), which is why UT will win. The Vols are superior in the depth chart at every other position.

Well that is idiotic. My point is simply that anyone who thinks this is a guaranteed win because "we are UT" is being naive at best. I certainly think we win this week, but if you don't think with the wrong attitude and a few bad breaks we couldn't get beat by WKU, then you are high. WKU is better than the Troy team that nearly beat us at home last year. If it makes you feel better to think this is an easy win with 4th stringers in before halftime, go ahead. I guess that make you a real fan huh?

It's idiotic to compare anything last years team did to anything this years team will do. It's idiotic to think that after watching last weeks game, where we saw a very focused and disciplined team, we will see anything different this week. It's idiotic to think that after seeing WKU defeat an SEC the week before we play them, our team will be loking past them. If you and others want to keep spewing out negative, idiotic dribble then I would much rather you post on a different teams thread.

I recorded the whole game. WKU can't hold onto the ball. We should be able to
Run on them. WKU threw lots of short passes. UK was able to get some outside edge pressure as well. UK is also a very bad team

Your argument was we should be able to run all over them. No where does WKU fumbling the ball have anything to do with your claim. I have no doubts UT will win this game but I'm also not so arrogant to completely discount the game they played Saturday. Less talented WKU teams than this one, and theoretically less talented than us, have played Bama and LSU as tough or tougher than we have the last few years. I also have a degree from WKU in addition to UT and have had the privilege of watching this program progress week in and week out in person for the last 6 yrs.

Last edited:
Your argument was we should be able to run all over them. No where does WKU fumbling the ball have anything to do with your claim. I have no doubts UT will win this game but I'm also not so arrogant to completely discount the game they played Saturday. Less talented WKU teams than this one, and theoretically less talented than us, have played Bama and LSU as tough or tougher than we have the last few years.

And, also worth noting, is that WKU only gave up 103 yards rushing against Alabama last season, with 1/3rd of that on one play. This year's Western team will be even better than last season's squad.

I hope our Vols win convincingly, but I think it will be closer than many think---not because UT isn't very good, but because WKU is actually better than most here are assuming.

A more challenging game will probably help us as we gear-up for Oregon in a couple weeks.

Op should be a coach... because what he is selling is coach speak only..

Wku will not beat us...period.

You sir are probably correct. However; we have been upset before and have had some real close games in the past.

Memphis, Wyoming, Kentucky, Vandy, etc. etc...... come to mind.

The good thing about this is that we have some recent film on WKU, so we can be prepared for them....

If we're worried about Western Kentucky beating us, then we're in for a long season folks. I agree that caution should be taken with this team, as they're a Petrino coached team, with a few solid NFL bound players. But we're Tennessee, and we have SEC talent, not lower/mid tier talent.

WKU may give us fits early on during the game, but I think we pull away during the second quarter, and put them away before the first half is even over.

Tennessee - 52
WKU - 17

If we're worried about Western Kentucky beating us, then we're in for a long season folks. I agree that caution should be taken with this team, as they're a Petrino coached team, with a few solid NFL bound players. But we're Tennessee, and we have SEC talent, not lower/mid tier talent.

WKU may give us fits early on during the game, but I think we pull away during the second quarter, and put them away before the first half is even over.

Tennessee - 52
WKU - 17

Where have you been the last 5 years? Obviously not watching our beloved Vols struggle with the UAB, Troy,
Ohio, Kentucky, Missou, Vandy.....ect

It's idiotic to compare anything last years team did to anything this years team will do. It's idiotic to think that after watching last weeks game, where we saw a very focused and disciplined team, we will see anything different this week. It's idiotic to think that after seeing WKU defeat an SEC the week before we play them, our team will be loking past them. If you and others want to keep spewing out negative, idiotic dribble then I would much rather you post on a different teams thread.
Obviously you lack the intellectual capacity to keep up. And I don't care what you would rather I do. Who the hell are you to tell people who should post here? And nothing i posted was "negative dribble". What I did, and maybe you can have someone explain it too you, is give a contrasting example to the post that indicated that WKU had no chance because we had beaten other teams with "2 good players". If you are having trouble comprehending then just ask for help. Admitting the problem is half the battle.

Okay you are starting to sound like Lou Holtz now! These guys couldn't make our 5 deep depth chart so please stop!

:eek:lol:

Tennesseeduke

Antonio Andrews would be our starting RB don't kid yourself. The kid almost broke the NCAA single season APY record. That doesn't happen by accident.

Well all I can say is since Wky is so good and has half the posters on here scared out of their wits, then if we beat them sat which I think we will by at least 17, then We go undefeated! They so good with all that talent they got and NFL caliber players they gonna be tough! I can't believe people think they are so good and can beat us! Our talent out weighs them by miles and they will never hold up against us! SMH at the negative crap people put on here!

I'm at the point of not arguing with these idiots anymore. The majority know very little about our team much less know anything about a Sun Belt team. They want to discount everything they do because the name is not elite enough. I assume Eric Fisher's success was because he played weaker competition, can't believe GM's didn't take that into account.

Andrews and Jackson are at WKU because of grade issues coming out of HS not lack of talent. Saban himself said last year that Jackson could play for any SEC team before and after seeing him play.

Well all I can say is since Wky is so good and has half the posters on here scared out of their wits, then if we beat them sat which I think we will by at least 17, then We go undefeated! They so good with all that talent they got and NFL caliber players they gonna be tough! I can't believe people think they are so good and can beat us! Our talent out weighs them by miles and they will never hold up against us! SMH at the negative crap people put on here!

No one is scared of WKU, but knowledgeable posters on here are just saying that it won't be a cake-walk. As a WKU alumnus, I have followed Western's team for years, and the improvement of the program over the past few seasons has been exponential.

Some people on here are completely ignorant of the current state of WKU's team and the talent on the roster. Some think it is still the same awful program that was beaten 63-7 in '09 in Neyland.

However, some posters on here think that not assuming our Vols will outright obliterate WKU by 5 TDs makes us "scared" and "negative." That is not only annoying, but a show of incredible hubris.

Where have you been the last 5 years? Obviously not watching our beloved Vols struggle with the UAB, Troy,
Ohio, Kentucky, Missou, Vandy.....ect

Almost every game you mentioned was from the Dooley era, which is completely irrelevant to this situation. Considering we have a new coach, new staff, and a new team. Thanks, but try again.

Last edited:
No one is scared of WKU, but knowledgeable posters on here are just saying that it won't be a cake-walk. As a WKU alumnus, I have followed Western's team for years, and the improvement of the program over the past few seasons has been exponential.

Some people on here are completely ignorant of the current state of WKU's team and the talent on the roster. Some think it is still the same awful program that was beaten 63-7 in '09 in Neyland.

However, some posters on here think that not assuming our Vols will outright obliterate WKU by 5 TDs makes us "scared" and "negative." That is not only annoying, but a show of incredible hubris.

We're alone on this one Joe. I truly don't see Western winning, it would take a monumental breakdown. But these predictions of UT scoring 50+ and winning by 35+ are more absurd than us thinking Western makes it competitive for awhile.

We're alone on this one Joe. I truly don't see Western winning, it would take a monumental breakdown. But these predictions of UT scoring 50+ and winning by 35+ are more absurd than us thinking Western makes it competitive for awhile.

Thinking this will be a game based solely on WKU's merit is fine. They are 1-0 with a win over an SEC team and have a proven Head coach.
The problem I have is these people saying we will struggle because we let Troy hang up 48 last year, because UK beat us in 2011 with no QB, because or because we lost to Wyoming in 2008! 2008. that's 6 years ago! With that logic you could argue we will win the SEC because we only lost to LSU in '10 and Bama in '09 by 2 pts each! See how dumb that logic is?

WKU fans are jawing on their message boards. Quoting VN in a lot of threads. They seem pretty confident they are going to roll us.........

....... they're basing a lot of their confidence on the fact that they "played" Bama last year.

VN Store

Back