Western Kentucky

Thinking this will be a game based solely on WKU's merit is fine. They are 1-0 with a win over an SEC team and have a proven Head coach.
The problem I have is these people saying we will struggle because we let Troy hang up 48 last year, because UK beat us in 2011 with no QB, because or because we lost to Wyoming in 2008! 2008. that's 6 years ago! With that logic you could argue we will win the SEC because we only lost to LSU in '10 and Bama in '09 by 2 pts each! See how dumb that logic is?

That to some extent is faulty logic. But how flawed is the logic when someone spouts "We're UT so we will kill them"? And reference to last year's Troy game is somewhat relevant since UT is fielding pretty much the same defensive personnel, albeit with much better coaching this year.
The problem that I and several other posters have is the arrogance of people discounting a program without knowing anything about them other than they are in the SunBelt Conference and not the SEC. And what is worse is the anger and vile spewed at those posters who actually KNOW something about WKU and bring it to the board in order to provide support for a reasonable and intelligent discussion about the game.
I lived in Fla for 50 years and listened to the crap from UF fans and now live in Ky and have to hear the crap from UK fans; two of the most delusional and obnoxious fanbases in existence. However, as I have been finding out over the past several weeks, there are many UT posters who would fit right in with the UK and UF idiots that I have been exposed to.

Reactions: 2 people
The best thing for the Vols was WKU beating KY. I doubt our players would have taken them lightly before, but I know they will not now. I see it very much like the FSU game last night. Pitt made it interesting for a quarter then FSU simply outplayed/outmanned them. Vols 41-16!

I think we'll win, but this is not a team to just laugh at. They'll win 10 games this year.

Check out how charter has us listed

Attachments

• IMG_20130903_185218.jpg
    IMG_20130903_185218.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1
WK has 3 good RB's, Antionio Andrews had over 3,000 all purpose yards last year and is the only player since Barry Sanders to eclipse 3000 APY's in a single season. Leon Allen and Keshawn Simpson are also good backs, both around 220lbs. UT will have to contain these backs as well as get pressure on their QB to win this game. This game will present much more of a challenge for the Vols than many fans anticipate. We truly need to win this Home game if we are to expect any chance what so ever of getting bowl eligible.
Go Vols

A J Johnson...enough said.

Well that is idiotic. My point is simply that anyone who thinks this is a guaranteed win because "we are UT" is being naive at best. I certainly think we win this week, but if you don't think with the wrong attitude and a few bad breaks we couldn't get beat by WKU, then you are high. WKU is better than the Troy team that nearly beat us at home last year. If it makes you feel better to think this is an easy win with 4th stringers in before halftime, go ahead. I guess that make you a real fan huh?

No game for any team is guaranteed. Even mighty Alabama could lose one or more games this year in shocking upsets. Stranger things have happened.

However, IMO, folks are being naive if they think for one second that the people that matter the most in this equation (UT staff and players) are not taking this game very seriously.

With this in mind, I'm confident that UT will do well on Saturday.

No game for any team is guaranteed. Even mighty Alabama could lose one or more games this year in shocking upsets. Stranger things have happened.

However, IMO, folks are being naive if they think for one second that the people that matter the most in this equation (UT staff and players) are not taking this game very seriously.

With this in mind, I'm confident that UT will do well on Saturday.

I'm going on record and saying Alabama WILL lose one or more games this year. Their offensive line looked terrible against VT.

One way to guarantee a victory...... have Heather Harrington circle the field on a Harley like the Tennessee Walking Horse. Poor old Bobby's great offensive mind would turn to jelly

ncaa2013-hilltopper.jpg
they also have the stupidest looking mascot

So WTF is that thing supposed to be? Serious question.

You guys sound like old women in a sewing circle. Stop it. Wku is a quality opponent, we should win but this game is going to be a much tougher test than last week.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back