@WestTennesseeFox has misplaced her Duckface and needs help finding it

It's OK. He has his opinions and I have mine. No different than a lot of historical texts, there are a lot of biases evident between different Biblical translations. If you take a strict literal reading to the Bible, you will have unreconcilable timing holes with the creation of the Earth.
On point. To God, a day is a thousand years, and a thousand years a day. How one can only see the earth as a few thousand years old if they trace timelines back to Adam is beyond me.

Reactions: WestTennesseeFox
Sure, why not.
Women are not subservient to men in any way. As teachers they actually have authority over subjects that men don’t teach. Context matters. Is it true that there is a chain of command? Absolutely, but this isn’t a good thing for a man. As in any chain of command the responsibility falls on the leader.
In my household it’s very rare that we go against the wishes of the Red Woman. She’s pretty smart. But any decision delegated to her is still my responsibility. If it goes well, good for her. If it turns to ****, that’s on me.

In a church situation I would say that doesn’t necessarily eliminate a woman from a senior pastor position. It definitely doesn’t eliminate a woman from being a teacher.
To suggest that women are less in the eyes of G-d is sheer stupidity and nonsense. Women were the first witness of the risen Messiah at a time when women were considered property. Clearly G-d sees women differently than the men who often oppress them.

and I can back up every bit of that with Torah.

Go easy on Mojo. He’s a pretty good guy

Women are not subservient to men in any way. As teachers they actually have authority over subjects that men don’t teach. Context matters. Is it true that there is a chain of command? Absolutely, but this isn’t a good thing for a man. As in any chain of command the responsibility falls on the leader.
In my household it’s very rare that we go against the wishes of the Red Woman. She’s pretty smart. But any decision delegated to her is still my responsibility. If it goes well, good for her. If it turns to ****, that’s on me.

In a church situation I would say that doesn’t necessarily eliminate a woman from a senior pastor position. It definitely doesn’t eliminate a woman from being a teacher.
To suggest that women are less in the eyes of G-d is sheer stupidity and nonsense. Women were the first witness of the risen Messiah at a time when women were considered property. Clearly G-d sees women differently than the men who often oppress them.

and I can back up every bit of that with Torah.

Go easy on Mojo. He’s a pretty good guy

I have a lot of fun at his expense but when he is adamant about something he is usually R, Rrrr Ri, Rrrriiii, Righhhh, Right. Whew, that was difficult.

VN Store

Back