@WestTennesseeFox has misplaced her Duckface and needs help finding it

She can witness just like everyone else
Witnessing is in no way, shape, or form preaching or teaching ??? (Lifelong CoC here, so dont' regurgitate what was already taught in the 50's. We missed a few interpretations ourselves).

Witnessing is in no way, shape, or form preaching or teaching ??? (Lifelong CoC here, so dont' regurgitate what was already taught in the 50's. We missed a few interpretations ourselves).
Taking the position of preacher or deacon in a church is a far cry from telling someone about the gospel. Surely you understand that?

Taking the position of preacher or deacon in a church is a far cry from telling someone about the gospel. Surely you understand that?
Local paid preachers are not biblically designated. Elders and Deacons were, but not dedicated pulpit ministers. That is an occupation created by man. They met in their homes and shared and took turns. So, if one were to argue legalistically, any church with a designated ministry staff is not in compliance with the scripture. Surely you understand that?

One should also consider the verse where Jesus told Peter I believe, that if someone speaks in his name how can he be agianst him...when Peter wanted to tell the man to quit preaching.

Also consider that where two or more are gathered....

One should also considers circumstances...I once was in a congregation where no one man was a good song leader. It was horrible. But there were women with beautiful voices not serving. And song directors and worchip directors are also not sanctioned by scripture by the way.

Last edited:
means nothing and doesn't answer the question. So women can't qualify? They aren't smart enough? Aren't effective teachers?
I would agree scripturally that a woman shouldn't serve as an elder or deacon (it is quite specific for those two), but beyond that I have grown into a more lax stance on participation and contribution. Beyoned those two "offices" most everything else is instituted by man and culture as far as positions in a church. I didn't grow up in that so maybe still a comfort level in what i'm used to, but have expanded my study on what is "biblical."

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
The Great Commission didn't specify gender, nor did it place a limit on how many one should witness to at a given time. And when it begins the verse Go Into...it is read as YOU Go Into because it is addressed to whoever is reading.

And what constitutes a church service anyway. The Church at Corinth was not a central church in a central location. Or any of hte rest of them. So how did we come up with these church buildings to put restrictions and permissions on?

When God said not to forsake the assembly, he wasn't talking about the 2000 member building down the street, or the 50 member building out in the country. THey didn't have that. He was speaking to all the groups meeting in various homes and locations throught a city or area that may have collectively been the church at "Corinth."

VN Store

Back