@WestTennesseeFox has misplaced her Duckface and needs help finding it

Knoxville? Knoxville Baptist was quite good in years past. Assume they still are.
She's in Memphis.

Meanwhile, Knoxville Baptist (East Tennessee Baptist Hospital) is long gone. Merged with St Mary's in 2008 and then I lost track. I started my eventual career at Baptist.

Reactions: Tin Man
What hospitals are even in K'town any more besides UT? I assume Ft. Sanders is still there in some form or another. What about Park Death (Parkwest)?

Don't add descritpors. A bishop would be same as an elder. Leader(s) of the local congregation to lead and guide the flock spiritually. Asked to serve by those they are amongst. Able to teach, yet not a preacher. They didn't have those guys then. WE made them up. I think it's also important to note the background context of some things going on at the time women were told to be silent.

This thread should have not been hijacked for this. I bow out.
The bishop is the pastor.... Twist it anyway you want, that's what it is.

Yes, thanks, I'm very familiar with them. I'm also familiar with the statements by Jesus regarding those who love to pray loudly in public, so that all will admire them, and the actions of Jesus sharing food and hospitality on an equal basis with tax collectors and and lepers and women, and the parable of the good Samaritan, where the mugging victim was passed by and ignored by a priest and by a temple administrator (<- this is irony! we're supposed to pick up on this!), but helped by a pariah in the eyes of Hebrew/ Jewish society (sorry, I've forgotten when one became the other), another traveler along the road who was from Samaria.

You fixate on laws, and rules, and the fear of hell, thinking that if you dot your i's and cross your t's perfectly every time you'll go to heaven, and you don't look at God's all-encompassing love for all creatures, including all humans, and all of creation, a love which overrides all else. And that's the model that we created beings ("in His image") are to follow, not your sweat-soaked little checklist of thou shalt's and thou shalt not's.
Jesus Christ said in John chapter 14," 15¶If ye love me, keep my commandments."
How about we just do what Jesus said?

Jesus Christ said in John chapter 14," 15¶If ye love me, keep my commandments."
How about we just do what Jesus said?
PLEASE, create a thread for your discussion of scripture. You can copy and paste quotes of others to draw them in. Let this and other obviously secular threads remain as lightheartedly trivial and banal as they want to be.

PLEASE, create a thread for your discussion of scripture. You can copy and paste quotes of others to draw them in. Let this and other obviously secular threads remain as lightheartedly trivial and banal as they want to be.
As you wish.... I'll move on....

VN Store

Back