@WestTennesseeFox has misplaced her Duckface and needs help finding it

I just realized who fox was a few minutes ago, and it hit me about the cowboys thing. Allow me to throw in my obligatory, "oh lawd".

Ftr, I was a cowboys fan back as a kid. Danny white as QB, Ed "too tall" Jones, even got a uniform from Santa.

I was a Cowboys fan going back to Staubach and Dorsett, still two of my favorite players, until the Oilers moved to Tennessee.

I was a Packers fan back when Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Max McGee, Ray Nitschke, Willie Wood and those guys played and was a huge Duck Butkus fan but became disinterested in the NFL about forty years ago.

Many years ago we saw Bart Starr outside the Phoenix airport. I spoke to him and asked if I could get a picture with him. He obliged and was extremely nice. When we were boarding the plane to Nashville he was in first class and said hi and called me by name as we walked past to the cheap seats.

100% an accountant with his spending habits. If you ever want to see his head explode, let him know of a purchase that cost more than he thinks it should cost. Going to the grocery store with him is entertainment now.
btw, I had him figured as an engineer, so I wasn’t too far off.

Reactions: Tin Man
When my family moved to Dallas in the late 1980s, we were poor so our entertainment was free tickets to the 1-15 Cowboys team and World Class Championship Wrestling. I actually got pointers on proper free throw shooting form from Mark Callaway (The Undertaker).
What were the Von Erichs like??? I loved WCCW.

Many years ago we saw Bart Starr outside the Phoenix airport. I spoke to him and asked if I could get a picture with him. He obliged and was extremely nice. When we were boarding the plane to Nashville he was in first class and said hi and called me by name as we walked past to the cheap seats.

NorCal flying coach and having to pay for airplane bottles of booze?

We were both pretty frugal when we were working (I generally held two jobs at a time.) It was interesting trying to learn to spend (some) rather than save once we retired. We seem to be getting the hang of it now tho. 😎

I always held two or three jobs until I was married. I spent four years bartending in college and after graduation for the extra money. Never a dull moment with that gig. I am slowly making progress with him about being so frugal.

Yeah, yeah, you bet. I’m a Preds fan, and I haven’t lived in Nashville for decades.

Now, @WestTennesseeFox, you were posting…

I dated a minor league hockey player who got to play a handful of games with the Dallas Stars in the late 1990s. So, my favorite NHL teams are the Preds and whoever is playing the Stars. The Golden Knights games in Vegas are fun to go as well.

VN Store

Back