@WestTennesseeFox posts birthday nudz and drinking games

I think the age on my college fake ID is turning 50 this year.
While I was in college, Tennessee drivers licenses were type on cards, no pictures, no laminate… I thought of a friend from high school days who created a fake Pennsylvania DL to buy beer before he turned 18. He’d claim that he was in Georgia to work construction with a relative while he waited to be drafted into the military. It worked for him every time. If only he’d known about Tennessee’s DLs, he might not have had to make such an effort to create the fake.

BTW, he was drafted and served two years stateside in an artillery unit. His calculation that his chances of being sent to Vietnam were slim turned out to be correct. Most of his peers with low lottery numbers served four years, volunteering for duties that would keep them out of ’Nam.

In high school in TN the State DLs were just little cards, just like a paper library card. No picture. Super easy to modify the DOB as they were just typed up on a typewriter. If you had a DL, spent money, and didn't cause trouble you could waltz into any joint on the strip. So we did. from age 16 on.

Then, at age 18, I was legal to drink and continued to do so.

Then I moved to SoCal. Walked into a bar first day in town and ordered a beer. Barkeep asks for ID and I handed him my TN DL. He says, "Sorry kid, you gotta be 21 in CA"! I insisted that I had multiple years of experience and could provide references. No dice. Oh well, back to fake ID again.

In high school in TN the State DLs were just little cards, just like a paper library card. No picture. Super easy to modify the DOB as they were just typed up on a typewriter. If you had a DL, spent money, and didn't cause trouble you could waltz into any joint on the strip. So we did. from age 16 on.

Then, at age 18, I was legal to drink and continued to do so.

Then I moved to SoCal. Walked into a bar first day in town and ordered a beer. Barkeep asks for ID and I handed him my TN DL. He says, "Sorry kid, you gotta be 21 in CA"! I insisted that I had multiple years of experience and could provide references. No dice. Oh well, back to fake ID again.

Who used real names on your fake ID and who used fake ones?

Who used real names on your fake ID and who used fake ones?
Usually, we just used our own names and just retyped the DOB. 07/14/1958 become 07/14/1950. The establishments where you used the fake ID absolutely knew that it was fake, but they also knew that, unless there was some kind of trouble (fights, mostly), the local constabulary looked the other way.
Tribal knowledge was handed down to newbies as to which places were fake ID friendly and which to avoid.
I think that all went to hell when they raised the national drinking age to 21, but maybe not.

Usually, we just used our own names and just retyped the DOB. 07/14/1958 become 07/14/1950. The establishments where you used the fake ID absolutely knew that it was fake, but they also knew that, unless there was some kind of trouble (fights, mostly), the local constabulary looked the other way.
Tribal knowledge was handed down to newbies as to which places were fake ID friendly and which to avoid.
I think that all went to hell when they raised the national drinking age to 21, but maybe not.

I changed my name to Holly for my fake ID.

Reactions: Danl
We should have changed our address, at least. One of my older brothers caught hell when he left his ID at a bar, and then the bar kindly mailed his altered ID to our house with a note, on the bar's letterhead, informing him as to where he had left it. Of course, Mom opened the letter. Parents were not amused.

VN Store

Back