@WestTennesseeFox search party thread

@BigOrangeMojo or Mrs -- Do you think Kennedy Chandler makes the Grizzlies team or gets sent to the G League ?

KC will be a 2 way player (both NBA team and G league) most of the year. I don't see a lot of NBA minutes for him unless Ja Morant or Tyus Jones gets hurt.

I think the best case for KC and the Grizzlies is he shows enough in the next 2 years when he is given a chance to play that he becomes the full time backup PG when Tyus Jones contract ends....

Reactions: 508mikey
KC will be a 2 way player (both NBA team and G league) most of the year. I don't see a lot of NBA minutes for him unless Ja Morant or Tyus Jones gets hurt.

I think the best case for KC and the Grizzlies is he shows enough in the next 2 years when he is given a chance to play that he becomes the full time backup PG when Tyus Jones contract ends....
I agree with this. I think could have used one more year in college. He would have probably been a lottery pick if he had stayed. Like you say, now that he's in a trial by fire, I don't think you see him in the league for at least two years.

Reactions: 508mikey
I agree with this. I think could have used one more year in college. He would have probably been a lottery pick if he had stayed. Like you say, now that he's in a trial by fire, I don't think you see him in the league for at least two years.
Staying another year he might have equalled the NBA pay he is getting now, in NIL money and the Vols would be an easy top 10 team

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
He's undersized, the Barnes offense isn't run in the NBA, the 2023 draft class is stacked, he ended up in a good spot to develop, and he got a fully guaranteed 4 year deal. He made the right call....

Being Ja Morant's backup ain't a bad thing. Tyus Jones is getting $15MM a year to do that the next 2 years.

He's undersized, the Barnes offense isn't run in the NBA, the 2023 draft class is stacked, he ended up in a good spot to develop, and he got a fully guaranteed 4 year deal. He made the right call....

Being Ja Morant's backup ain't a bad thing. Tyus Jones is getting $15MM a year to do that the next 2 years.
Wasnt aware it was guaranteed - that makes a difference

The TV deals end after 2025 season. Players are really going to want to be free agents in 2026 since that will be first year the new TV money will be fully baked into the salary cap. By leaving when college he did, KC will be a free agent in 2026....

The last time NBA teams had a new TV deal bum players like Chandler Parsons got 96 million for 4 years...

Reactions: volfanbill
Neither of the keypads are working at the rental and the owner is not answering his phone.
I swear the last two years, everywhere we've stayed, including hotels, we've had trouble at some point with keypads or cards. I miss the days of having an actual key🤣. Hopefully you guys get it figured out.

VN Store

Back