@WestTennesseeFox search party thread

Break a window!
We got locked inside a room a couple of years ago. I called the front desk, and they said there was no maintenance guy, and it'd be a while. I told them they had 5 minutes, or I'd be busting a window for us to get out, it was a safety hazard, and wasn't no way the police would charge me. Amazingly, within a couple of minutes the maintenance guy showed up.

I swear the last two years, everywhere we've stayed, including hotels, we've had trouble at some point with keypads or cards. I miss the days of having an actual key🤣. Hopefully you guys get it figured out.

Waiting on a locksmith now. VRBO sucks. Our options are to pay for a locksmith and hope the owner reimburses us or spend the night at a "comparable" hotel. That's not a great option since I have medication that I need access to.

Waiting on a locksmith now. VRBO sucks. Our options are to pay for a locksmith and hope the owner reimburses us or spend the night at a "comparable" hotel. That's not a great option since I have medication that I need access to.
Dang, that sucks about the medicine. Completely understand since Tiffany has so many she has to have. I hope the rest of the trip makes up for this horrible moment.

AirBnb and VRBO have definitely moved toward protecting the owners (versus the renters) in recent years.

Somehow, the phrase "small claims court" comes to mind. :p

It's interesting to me how few short-term rental owners grasp the risks (for which they reap the rewards via rental fees) in landlording. Guess what, folks: you present your property as the perfect, carefree place for a vacation, but you don't want to be accountable for access and other issues, and you don't want to make things right? Yeah, you'll either get killed on reviews, or you'll be going to court. Or both. Learn what running a business means, including having to be bothered at inconvenient times.

VRBO makes it such that you can't "not pay" also. They have you coming and going. Even all the reviews have to go through them.

VRBO makes it such that you can't "not pay" also. They have you coming and going. Even all the reviews have to go through them.
Years ago VRBO was awesome, but it's changed over the years. We've used it a couple of times in the past 4-5 years, but not like we used to.

The second locksmith took care of it around 12:30 last night.

The owner of the rental decided to show up unannounced this morning, manually unlock the doors and attempt to walk through the bedroom to access the supply closet with the replacement batteries for the keypads.

Reactions: VolNExile

The owner of the rental decided to show up unannounced this morning, manually unlock the doors and attempt to walk through the bedroom to access the supply closet with the replacement batteries for the keypads.

Has he recovered from the takedown? Are any of his bones broken?

Should've given them a show👀🤣

I might have shot him if I wasn’t fully awake.

VN Store

Back