WGWTFA for this...

I thought their name was Wolfpack....why do they have a LabRat? Mabey ill send in my Rednose (Scooby) to handle Smokeys light-work.

Vol Twitter ( I know it’s X) is on fire this week with these NC St fans. It’s gotten super chippy

We had a Methlab once bout blowd myself up!!!

Attachments

• BUBBA J.jpg
    BUBBA J.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 0
This thread got me wondering about SEC mascots all over again. With the addition of two new programs, I had room to learn some stuff.

We have four dogs: two butt-ugly bulldogs (UGa and Miss State's Bully), one cute collie (A&M's Reveille), and the king of them all, Smokey the bluetick hound.

We have two other domesticated animals, a chicken (USCe) and a steer (Texas).

We have two wild critters native to the US, a boar and a wildcat.

Then we've got the exotics: three tigers (LSU's wins for being the only real one, followed by Auburn and Mizzou's versions), one elephant, one gator, and one fictional thing called a landshark (those folks down in Ole Miss been watching way too much SNL).

Finally, we have the inanimate objects made of wood: a wagon (Oklahoma) and a sailor (Vandy).

Give me Smokey, any day. Runners-up include Mike the Tiger of LSU, Reveille of A&M, and half-credit for Scratch the wildcat at Kentucky. All the others are stupid, lame, or stupid and lame.

Go Vols!
FYP.

Steer: A bovine, castrated before sexual maturity and raised for beef.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and tbh
If so, he did a good job. I'm a fan of creative brick work.

View attachment 673322

As for the Wolfpack having a better mascot, they could. IF, IF, IF, they had an imagination. While they'd probably be kept on a tight, TIGHT leash, there are wolf dogs, interbred animals) that people won. Probably with a special license. I've seen them. Raised from puppies, they are not that different from regular dogs. BUT, you do have to keep in mind they are part wolf. The handler has to be a firm person, but not mean spirited. The only incident I recall f one going after and getting someone, was some fat, spoiled, undisciplined, animal-cruelty bent kid who got exactly what he deserved. Sadly, the dog was put down as a result. They should have put the fat slobber down instead, considering what he did to provoke the dog.

Back to NCST mascot, the wolf dog could be a better mascot. A few suggestions are:
Saarloos Wolf Dog
Czechoslovakian Wolfdog
Lupo Italiano (best have 2, as they are pack-centric)
Tamaskan Dog (not really a wolf dog, but STRONG wolf-like appearance)
Greenland Dog (forget it, just forget it)
Siberian Husky - My favorite because they are so playful, yet dramatic brats. They make me think of them as that dayum little brat, Number 5, of the Umbrella Academy. Really, they can be a pain in the bottom, but make you laugh often. NCST simply has no imagination.
Tuffy is NC State’s live wolf-like mascot. He doesn’t retrieve tees. As an owner of a hound mix, Smokey is also pretty awesome.

IMG_0071.jpeg

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
That does it !

Release the hounds-both literal and figurative.

I was expecting a fairly close game, but they start coming for Smokey and all bets are off.

Silly pet tricks? Smokey? No sir. Smokey is above all that nonsense.
IKR Smokey runs out with Davey Crockett to start the game, he howls, he sniffs crotches, he bites people’s butts, he guards the sidelines, all important jobs.. oh and he looks cute

VOLS, Yellow labs, daughters familiar with .556 .223 it doesn’t get any better.

Attachments

• IMG_5702.jpeg
    IMG_5702.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 8

VN Store

Back