What could of been...(Randy Moss to UT?)

I was thinking what this thread could've been instead of something that could've happened in the 90's.

There are a ton of "what ifs" from the 90s too. Just at a much higher level. You could say we underachieved a little bit anyway. With the level of talent we had during the stretch of 1985-2003, we should have played for more than one national title. It is one of the main reasons I consider Majors and Fulmer as only average to good game day coaches.

Last edited:
What if Bryce Brown had actually wanted to be here?

What if Cutcliffe had never left either time?

What if Sunseri had never been hired?

What if AJ Suggs had kept the starting job?

What if Kiffin hadn't told Tahj Boyd to get to steppin?
AJ Suggs??? WTH??

If I'd have been 4 inches taller, 35 lbs heavier, 1 tenth of a second quicker, and benched 100 lbs more, sprinkled with a touch of Barry Sanders, and smothered in a little Jamal Lewis, I would have been a KILLER tailback at UT. But, I wasn't.

Bust IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
I can't believe no mentioned that Moss was cut loose by ND also. I think it was weed.

What if Dooley had hired Dave Clawson and Sal Sunseri at the same time, while bringing back Jim Bob Cooter for his senior season, and holding a recruiting weekend at Pearls house using the UT President's $20,000 BBQ grill to cookout with?

Ya see, it aint' so bad round here lately after all.

He's an idiot, wasted more talent and years than any player, that "made it," than I can remember. Imagine if he gave half a sh!t for ove half his career. Wastoid is a waste. Bad job by Fox1 for hiring the loser.

He's an idiot, wasted more talent and years than any player, that "made it," than I can remember. Imagine if he gave half a sh!t for ove half his career. Wastoid is a waste. Bad job by Fox1 for hiring the loser.

You should do some research on your opinion of him not giving a sh**. From what I've read about him from many of his former teammates, the opposite is actually more likely to be true. His immaturity was evident as a high schooler and college, but by all accounts, Chris Carter got him on a pretty straight path as a professional receiver early on in his career at Minnesota. There were some issues at Oakland, but that could be said about a lot of players that took the big contracts crazy Al was giving late in life. Read what Tom Brady said about him. Based on what you've posted, you should be surprised

Last edited:
Randy Moss was just on the old speed channel now call Fox Sports 1 and said he should have came to Tennessee and played with Peyton.. Could you imagine having that kind of weapon on our team?

There are likely great athletes in prison. Do you think we should recruit there also?

WASTED? we must be looking at different numbers.....few NFL players get to waste themselves so well.......
REC - 982, YDS - 15,292, AVG - 15.6, TDS - 156

As for bad job hiring him, he was meant to be an anchor.....the man has a..."way" with words.... dude will have people in stitches, love em or hate em, that man is entertaining.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9kgCvJJpuY[/youtube]

Last edited:
There are likely great athletes in prison. Do you think we should recruit there also?

LOL...You're comparing Randy Moss to those in prison? You really don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you? Care to share with us some detail of why you formulated this opinion of him. He was no choir boy, that's for sure, but certainly not a felonious criminal either.

LOL...You're comparing Randy Moss to those in prison? You really don't have any idea what you're talking about, do you? Care to share with us some detail of why you formulated this opinion of him. He was no choir boy, that's for sure, but certainly not a felonious criminal either.

No he is not a criminal as far as I know. But he is classless and a disruption to any TEAM.

I'm tired of "I I I I, ME, ME, ME"!

No he is not a criminal as far as I know. But he is classless and a disruption to any TEAM.

I'm tired of "I I I I, ME, ME, ME"!

Most of his teams loved him....some of the owners didn't, but his team mates usually liked him. Not fond of a lot of the owners myself...

At SF they couldn't say enough about how much he had helped team, and was a mentor to younger receivers....

think you're a victim of headlines....

Sounds like fun. What if Cadillac Williams would have stayed committed to tennessee and we would not have been forced to pick up Jabari Davis.

Don't forget about Ronnie Brown, he was considered a heavy lean to Tennessee his senior year, but chose Auburn at the very end.

Then of course there's Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Suggs, Ken Dorsey, Bradie James, Steven Jackson, Charles Rogers.....

Last edited:

VN Store

Back