What did you have for dinner II?

I love smash burgers. The fried rice is great too. Don't sleep on street tacos. Those are probably my favorite use of the flat top.

Looking forward to trying it all out!

So far have just done the burgers and bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns twice.

Discovered quickly that things on the side shelves get HOT! Burnt my fingers pretty good just picking up a bowl that was sitting there.

Trial and error.

Looking forward to trying it all out!

So far have just done the burgers and bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns twice.

Discovered quickly that things on the side shelves get HOT! Burnt my fingers pretty good just picking up a bowl that was sitting there.

Trial and error.
You can get magnetic wind guards to cover the gaps. It will help with that. At least you can if you don't have the "culinary" model Blackstone. I have that one and can't find any to fit it.

Last edited:
That looks perfectly cooked!
For the air-fryer crowd:
Her version of Lowry's seasoned salt (linked in the recipe) is great. I used brown sugar instead of white, reduced the salt a bit (can't remember how much), used smoked paprika instead of plain and increased it to at least 1 Tbsp., and did something(?) about the potato starch - maybe used cornstarch? I think its only job was to dry out the rub a bit.

For the air-fryer crowd:
Her version of Lowry's seasoned salt (linked in the recipe) is great. I used brown sugar instead of white, reduced the salt a bit (can't remember how much), used smoked paprika instead of plain and increased it to at least 1 Tbsp., and did something(?) about the potato starch - maybe used cornstarch? I think its only job was to dry out the rub a bit.
That looks good.
Does your air fryer have a rotisserie feature?
The Pampered Chef air fryer that arrived yesterday has it. We were wondering how it might turn out

That looks good.
Does your air fryer have a rotisserie feature?
The Pampered Chef air fryer that arrived yesterday has it. We were wondering how it might turn out
Nope! I have a really dorky (in most ways) air fryer which is actually just a different lid plus settings on a pressure cooker: Instant Pot® Duo Crisp™ + Air Fryer 8-quart Multi-Use Pressure Cooker

So it's an upright cylinder, which means that it doesn't work for every recipe. For instance, if tonight's chicken had weighed more than the 3 pounds and change that it did, it would have had to sit upright on its tuchus while cooking. It certainly doesn't work for lovely, long fish filets (the two ends would have to curl up the sides.) Definitely no rotisserie option. <- huh, although if it had a vertical rotisserie option, I could fix shawarma at home!

If I were cooking for a family of 4 or more, I might buy a separate just-an-air-fryer. But I'm pretty fanatic upon not loading up my counters with stuff I only use 1-2x a month, so the 2-in-1 pressure cooker/air fryer setup is worth it to me.

I would think that a rotisserie option would be wonderful. Remember that an "air fryer" is actually just a counter-top convection oven. Being able to slowly rotate a chicken or whatever in a convection cooking setup sounds wonderful!

Hope you enjoy your new toy!

VN Store

Back