What do you think will be the biggest improvement on the 2013 UT Football team?

hoping that everybody stays healthy and no serious injuries to the might Vols or who they play,of course the opposition players in the hot tub for a few days is ok with me :)

and there should be a big improvement on the defensive side hopefully

Last edited:
Who was it that Eric Berry hit so hard in the chest snot bubbles came flying through the screen? I want BigDan to hit Driscoll with that right thurr.

the overall Swagger our team will have thanks to CBJ!! As he said " were gunna have Tennessee Swagger!

The mentality and resolve. I see our team being more focused. More mature. Better disciplined and better effort.

It will bring the maxim back "take the fight to the opponent for 60 mins and keep it there"

My point being I don't see us getting down on ourselves and giving up, this team will have swag and a never die attitude.

Some interesting answers in this thread. I think that the obvious answer is defense, simply because I don't think we'll ever see a defense as bad as the 2012 UT defense.

Some interesting answers in this thread. I think that the obvious answer is defense, simply because I don't think we'll ever see a defense as bad as the 2012 UT defense.

But one thing most answers have in common is that good coaching fixes the issue.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Having the correct number of players on the field will help. And, as previously mentioned, they all know their jobs.

There will be 3 equally important changes.

1) The new qb will have more pocket presents.
2) The pre-Madonnas are gone.
3) Therefore, there will be no need for escape goats.

I know so many on here were busy in the Gruden circle-jerk thread last season, but seriously...SMH!! So many are stuck on old issues like playing all 4 qtrs and such. That was an issue in 2011, but wasn't the issue in 2012. Seriously...still harping on the 13 players deal from the LSU game??? Yet no one will give Dooley credit for going into BR in his first year and taking them to the wire. An error at the end of a hectic game, and the guy can't coach?? Yet he almost pulled off a huge win. The hypocrisy and ignorance baffles me.

I know I'm in the minority here but I saw this team play there tail off until the end of games until the Vandy game. Only real cancer was bray when it came to not giving 100% all the time. Unfortunately he was the QB which is the field/team leader so his antics hurts more than other players. Especially tough when no backup is ready to logically compete/replace him.

People say they support the team yet bash them constantly. The D struggled and had issues...YES, but saying they didn't play hard or all 4 qtrs is just ignorant. There were games that the O lost the game with not taking advantage of the Ds work (ie blocking UFS fake punt attempt and not putting the game away in the 4th qtr of the Mizzou game with 2 chances) or a critical play that helped give the game away (i.e. Fumble at the end of the USC and MSU games etc).

The '12 Vols had lots of issues but one isn't lack of hard play (by the majority). Odd things happened and that's just the way the chips fell. One thing that CBJ and we Vol fans can be assured of is that these kids have grown the last few yrs, and will give it there all for Tennessee. We need to support them, not bash them with constant reminders of how difficult '12 was to get through.

GBO!!!

I know so many on here were busy in the Gruden circle-jerk thread last season, but seriously...SMH!! So many are stuck on old issues like playing all 4 qtrs and such. That was an issue in 2011, but wasn't the issue in 2012. Seriously...still harping on the 13 players deal from the LSU game??? Yet no one will give Dooley credit for going into BR in his first year and taking them to the wire. An error at the end of a hectic game, and the guy can't coach?? Yet he almost pulled off a huge win. The hypocrisy and ignorance baffles me.
I know I'm in the minority here but I saw this team play there tail off until the end of games until the Vandy game. Only real cancer was bray when it came to not giving 100% all the time. Unfortunately he was the QB which is the field/team leader so his antics hurts more than other players. Especially tough when no backup is ready to logically compete/replace him.

People say they support the team yet bash them constantly. The D struggled and had issues...YES, but saying they didn't play hard or all 4 qtrs is just ignorant. There were games that the O lost the game with not taking advantage of the Ds work (ie blocking UFS fake punt attempt and not putting the game away in the 4th qtr of the Mizzou game with 2 chances) or a critical play that helped give the game away (i.e. Fumble at the end of the USC and MSU games etc).

The '12 Vols had lots of issues but one isn't lack of hard play (by the majority). Odd things happened and that's just the way the chips fell. One thing that CBJ and we Vol fans can be assured of is that these kids have grown the last few yrs, and will give it there all for Tennessee. We need to support them, not bash them with constant reminders of how difficult '12 was to get through.

GBO!!!

Wow!

tumblr_llvpg7LGam1qgpvwvo1_500.gif

If you cannot see what a huge upgrade CBJ is over Dooley at this point there is no hope for you!

GBO!!!

Exactly!.....You are in the minority:)

Wow!

tumblr_llvpg7LGam1qgpvwvo1_500.gif

If you cannot see what a huge upgrade CBJ is over Dooley at this point there is no hope for you!

Where did I say anything about comparing the 2 coaches?? My post has nothing to do with that, so nice try bud!

Nobody knows if CBJ is going to better than Dooley once he gets to the SEC. Frankly, imo the 2 tenures can't be compared equally anyway. The starting environment for both are drastically different. IMO Dooley was the best option at the time he came in, and CBJ, may or not be, the best when he's here. Nobody on here, no matter how smart u think u r, can guarantee any kind of success for CBJ. It's a wait and see approach no ands, ifs, buts about it.

I will admit that my one of my biggest concerns for this upcoming year is any kind of "stupid" error on CBJs behalf. Of course there will be the hypocrites that will bash Dooley for his, but excuse CBJs. Then there will be the people that have put him on a pedestal, and if he does something "bone-headed" they will turn on him quick. Those people are the bitter loser type that spread like the plague.

D-Line
Secondary
Special Teams
LB
O-Line
Coaching
Recruiting
Leadership
Attitude
Conditioning
Less Injuries
Expectations
Will Power
Running Game
Fans

TBD: QB, TE & WR

I think the biggest improvement is in the fan base. The key to a successful program begins in the stands. They can be the basis for a team learning to believe in themselves. They can be a key to recruiting. They will make a team want to win for them. I am proud to be a BIG ORANGE fan!
Delusional

VN Store

Back