What irritates you the most at restaurants?

Reactions: 2 people
I look at it this way, take a pic of the kid paying in quarters and the manager w him smiling and post that. Is it a dick move, sure, but make something positive out of it.

It seems clear that he planned that out, and that's being a douche. Obviously it's a poor decision to post it online, but that sht-eating grin says "haha screw these guys I'm gonna be as inconvenient as possible right now"

WGAS? He left a 20+% tip on a meal. I’d have no problem dealing with that. Money is money.

Reactions: 1 person
WGAS? He left a 20+% tip on a meal. I’d have no problem dealing with that. Money is money.

Hey I don't disagree. The dumbest possible decision is to go all Waiting on this, as the restaurant did. It's still a massive pain in the ass to do what he did.

A Teenager Paid His Bill With Quarters, And The Restaurant Shamed Him On Facebook

That certainly backfired on Beer 88. I am glad that Cohen Naulty made something good come out of the situation.

The restaurant was set up

That evening, Cohen created a Facebook page called "The Quarter Boy"

The post also contained a link to a Facebook fundraising page, called Turning a bad day around one meal at a time! "We will use 100% of the donations to pay for others meals and post videos of their reactions!" the page says. In two days, Cohen raised $3,061 of his $5000 goal.

Hey I don't disagree. The dumbest possible decision is to go all Waiting on this, as the restaurant did. It's still a massive pain in the ass to do what he did.

Why would it be a massive pain in the ass?
Make a stack that equals $5.00 or $10.00 and then stack the other coins to match. I just timed myself stacking $50.00 and it took me 1 minute & 43 seconds.
With help it should take under a minute.

Next paragraph...

So he spent $50 out of the $3k? Is he going to try and monetize the video reactions?

It's a douche move to pay like that and likely a huge inconvenience for the server.

Make a stack that equals $5.00 or $10.00 and then stack the other coins to match. I just timed myself stacking $50.00 and it took me 1 minute & 43 seconds.

That's a very pragmatic way to think about it and I'm guessing you're a poker player in some capacity. I don't think many servers would think about doing the counting in that fashion.

So he spent $50 out of the $3k? Is he going to try and monetize the video reactions?

It's a douche move to pay like that and likely a huge inconvenience for the server.

I have no clue what his plans are, or were.

He's a teenage server that went to another restaurant and spent his money there, and left a 20% tip.

That should be the end of this story. But nooooo, poor friggin server.

He's a teenage server that went to another restaurant and spent his money there, and left a 20% tip.

As a server he should be more empathetic. Instead he wants to be a douche and force others to deal with his quarter gimmick

Another, don't tell this story in your next interview, moment.......

Reactions: 1 person
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolFaninFla

That's a very pragmatic way to think about it and I'm guessing you're a poker player in some capacity. I don't think many servers would think about doing the counting in that fashion.

Actually, I had a flea market business and had to count and wrap loads of change that way. I finally broke down and bought myself a nice coin counter.

As a server he should be more empathetic. Instead he wants to be a douche and force others to deal with his quarter gimmick

I think its ridiculous. If he really wanted to be a "douche", he could have left no tip. He didn't leave the standard 15%, or the standard "automatic gratuity added" amount of 18%...he left 20%.

Somebody had to take a couple of minutes and count it. The horror. Probably only had time for half a cigarette and had to text Biff instead of calling him.

Someone should have lost a job over this making it to Facebook.

Reactions: 3 people
I think its ridiculous. If he really wanted to be a "douche", he could have left no tip. He didn't leave the standard 15%, or the standard "automatic gratuity added" amount of 18%...he left 20%.

Somebody had to take a couple of minutes and count it. The horror. Probably only had time for half a cigarette and had to text Biff instead of calling him.

Someone should have lost a job over this making it to Facebook.

Protect the kid performing a stunt for the camera and fire someone for a sarcastic Facebook post? :lol:

What are you talking about? What stunt for the camera? As a business owner you would be fine with that "sarcastic" post?
The article says he's turning this into a show. He will do it for a camera

I have no issue with the kid getting called out. Good use of social media to warn other places ahead of time

VN Store

Back