What irritates you the most at restaurants?

The article says he's turning this into a show. He will do it for a camera

I have no issue with the kid getting called out. Good use of social media to warn other places ahead of time

Seems to me he is going to video the reactions of those that he is buying dinner for..but maybe I'm just being naive because I don't think he's a douche.

The post also contained a link to a Facebook fundraising page, called Turning a bad day around one meal at a time! "We will use 100% of the donations to pay for others meals and post videos of their reactions!" the page says. In two days, Cohen raised $3,061 of his $5000 goal.

Seems to me he is going to video the reactions of those that he is buying dinner for..but maybe I'm just being naive because I don't think he's a douche.

My belief is that the initial instance was him being a douche. Now he's in a situation where he either embraces being a douche or turns it around so as to not look like a dick. He's chosen the latter. Also helps that people donated money to him.

It seems clear that he planned that out, and that's being a douche. Obviously it's a poor decision to post it online, but that sht-eating grin says "haha screw these guys I'm gonna be as inconvenient as possible right now"

This was clearly planned out. The restaurant didn't call out the young man (by name). From the restaurant's post there is no way to know who did it.

The kid baited the restaurant.
The restaurant fell for the bait.
The kid got the response he wanted.
The kid attached his name and story to the restaurant's Facebook post.
Manufactured outrage ensued.
Kid gets his 15 minutes of fame.

This was clearly planned out. The restaurant didn't call out the young man (by name). From the restaurant's post there is no way to know who did it.

The kid baited the restaurant.
The restaurant fell for the bait.
The kid got the response he wanted.
The kid attached his name and story to the restaurant's Facebook post.
Manufactured outrage ensued.
Kid gets his 15 minutes of fame.

Nice recap, got an opinion?

Based on the Beer 88 facebook post how can anyone tell who paid this tab?

DiQLmmdWsAERzZz.jpg:large

Yet here is the title of an article that was published:

Restaurant Publicly Shames 17-Year-Old Kid for Paying Bill with Quarters

Based on the Beer 88 facebook post how can anyone tell who paid this tab?

DiQLmmdWsAERzZz.jpg:large

Yet here is the title of an article that was published:

Restaurant Publicly Shames 17-Year-Old Kid for Paying Bill with Quarters

Its not real clear when I zoom in, but it looks like he tipped over 25%.

Not sure what your point is, and I'm not being a smartass. My biggest issue with this is the restaurant shouldn't have posted anything. This is a non issue.

Reactions: 2 people
I think its ridiculous. If he really wanted to be a "douche", he could have left no tip. He didn't leave the standard 15%, or the standard "automatic gratuity added" amount of 18%...he left 20%.

Somebody had to take a couple of minutes and count it. The horror. Probably only had time for half a cigarette and had to text Biff instead of calling him.

Someone should have lost a job over this making it to Facebook.

Looks to me that the kid out smarted the place after they tried to embarrass him......orrrrrrr, someone at the place was in on the scam and is splitting the donations......huuuuum......

Not sure what your point is, and I'm not being a smartass. My biggest issue with this is the restaurant shouldn't have posted anything. This is a non issue.

EDIT: I agree the restaurant shouldn't have posted anything.

My point is no one pointed out the young man. Based on that picture there is no way to know who paid that tab. From that picture it could have been you, me, anyone in the world...so they didn't embarrass him. Embarrassing him would have been posting his picture along with all the change.

That's why I said it was staged.

I agree -- if they have all that time for FB surfing then counting those quarters shouldnt be an issue -- it happened once, move on and be relieved there werent no nickels, dimes and pennies mixed in with it

My point is no one pointed out the young man. Based on that picture there is no way to know who paid that tab. From that picture it could have been you, me, anyone in the world...so they didn't embarrass him. Embarrassing him would have been posting his picture along with all the change.

So, it is not possible that the kid saw the post making fun of his payment method and decided to call out the place?

You are giving a 17 year old waaaaay to much credit IMO......

Gotcha.

So, it is not possible that the kid saw the post making fun of his payment method and decided to call out the place?

You are giving a 17 year old waaaaay to much credit IMO......

Are you kidding me!? Social media baiting is very common and apparently easy to do in today's world. Plus, have you seen the name of the kids facebook page?

As far as your 1st sentence, it is possible he saw the post. But the restaurant didn't attach his name or pic to their post...which, again, was wrong in the 1st place.

Are you kidding me!? Social media baiting is very common and apparently easy to do in today's world. Plus, have you seen the name of the kids facebook page?

As far as your 1st sentence, it is possible he saw the post. But the restaurant didn't attach his name or pic to their post...which, again, was wrong in the 1st place.

That's just it.......the kid did not do the baiting on FB........no post, no issue.......end of story

Reactions: 1 person

I'm not saying the kid was wrong. I thinks it's awesome he paid for someone's lunch. I just think it was staged to get the ball rolling to what is now his new FB page and service/offering to pay for someone's order (with quarters). Maybe this thing takes off for him.

That's just it.......the kid did not do the baiting on FB........no post, no issue.......end of story

You're correct. I used the wrong term. I agree that had the restaurant not posted anything, there's no story.

But how did his name get attached to the story?

You're correct. I used the wrong term. I agree that had the restaurant not posted anything, there's no story.

But how did his name get attached to the story?

Sharing the FB post......you are over thinking this BV......

I'm not saying the kid was wrong. I thinks it's awesome he paid for someone's lunch. I just think it was staged to get the ball rolling to what is now his new FB page and service/offering to pay for someone's order (with quarters). Maybe this thing takes off for him.

I'd bet the server whined to the MOD who used to be a fellow server at that location, and he/she thought it would be funny to post it on Facebook. It blew up, got deleted and two people lost a job.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd bet the server whined to the MOD who used to be a fellow server at that location, and he/she thought it would be funny to post it on Facebook. It blew up, got deleted and two people lost a job.

I never gave any one else the administrator tag on my company FB.........

I'd say that's exactly what happened.

You used to own a restaurant, correct? I would think the MOD would be thrilled to buy the coins from the server. Don't banks charge restaurants when they go in for change?

VN Store

Back