What to make of the Georgia performance???

3 consecutive years of the number one recruiting class precludes you from crying about "depth". Right now, the top end talent on the defensive line isn't showing up. Kinda scary because if the Georgia defensive front (or anybody else's for that matter) can't dominate Tennessee's offensive line then it's cookies. Our routes have been breaking open year after year against UGA. We need the right quarterback, with the time and protection to be able to hit some of them.
I guess lucky for us, 3 of our top D-Lineman should be back from injury and "showing up" for the Bama game.

5-star - Mykel Williams
5-star - Jordan Hall
4-star - Warren Brinson

BTW, the same things were said when the Vols had their best QB since Manning (Hooker), were ranked #1, and averaged 50 points a game. RESULT: Vols didn't score a single touchdown until garbage time at the end of the 4th quarter against the Georgia 3rd string defense. (just saying)

Last edited:
Never understood why fans of other teams visit rivals’ boards. I couldn’t care less about GA or visiting their boards. But then again, I read about their lack of discipline and DUI/ reckless driving charges once or twice a month.

Just ask yourself this. What are the odds that the same UGA that showed up against UK shows up again this season? If you think logically, it’s close to zero.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nooga
As a GA fan I have to say that this performance against KY is absolutely alarming. Our performance in this game absolutely showed some vulnerabilities that I was hoping aren’t to the extent that perhaps they are. Our O-line struggled and we lost one of our best linemen for awhile. As a result our offense struggled and there is no sugar coating that. Our Defense played well, but with the injuries we have it’s apparent that upfront we aren’t playing as dominant as we need to.

So to think that this game is just a blip and things are definitely going to immediately go back to status que is absolutely not a definite, there are very real issues. Although, I also think it’s ridiculous to think that GA can’t right the ship and possibly fairly quickly.

To think the GA offense is devoid of high level talent across the board is just not true. Sure, we don’t have a Brock Bowers, but hell, who does?

GA will not play like this again often, if at all. The worry is for me, can GA avoid having these issues as we face all of the high level SEC teams going forward? Will these vulnerabilities rear their ugly heads when we head to Tuscaloosa, Austin, or Oxford? Will we struggle stopping the run when you guys come to town? These are the things that could spell disaster.

For now it’s just one game, but only time will tell. Going to be interesting to find out.

As a GA fan I have to say that this performance against KY is absolutely alarming. Our performance in this game absolutely showed some vulnerabilities that I was hoping aren’t to the extent that perhaps they are. Our O-line struggled and we lost one of our best linemen for awhile. As a result our offense struggled and there is no sugar coating that. Our Defense played well, but with the injuries we have it’s apparent that upfront we aren’t playing as dominant as we need to.

So to think that this game is just a blip and things are definitely going to immediately go back to status que is absolutely not a definite, there are very real issues. Although, I also think it’s ridiculous to think that GA can’t right the ship and possibly fairly quickly.

To think the GA offense is devoid of high level talent across the board is just not true. Sure, we don’t have a Brock Bowers, but hell, who does?

GA will not play like this again often, if at all. The worry is for me, can GA avoid having these issues as we face all of the high level SEC teams going forward? Will these vulnerabilities rear their ugly heads when we head to Tuscaloosa, Austin, or Oxford? Will we struggle stopping the run when you guys come to town? These are the things that could spell disaster.

For now it’s just one game, but only time will tell. Going to be interesting to find out.
I think even in your NC years, you all had a game like this. I don't put too much stock into that game.

Reactions: DirtyDawg
"Not showing up" as it relates to a Jalen Carter type. Kentucky was a bad offense. And they were still a field goal away from tapping that ass. If we don't have our starting four defensive linemen we'd still beat Kentucky.

The bulldogs are still recovering from losing their race club. Once they get their heads right again, they’ll be playing like Kirby’s Georgia.

UGA has to clean up its zone runs. That one change would have made a huge difference against UK.

VN Store

Back